Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-Christmas gift wish thread

Bang

OK, so the holidays are gone, and so is our 2011 season.

Right now you're sitting on Santa's postseason lap.

What ONE gift would you like to see the Redskins have by Opening Day 2011?

For me, it would be a new special teams coach.

Danny Smith stinks, our special teams stink, and it's inexcusable after 6 years that his unit performs so badly almost across the board.

I would like a new special teams coach. One who's players can make routine plays, can make chip shot field goal as if they're almost automatic (like they should be).

I want better return units, an end to sloppy score-erasing penalties.

I know everyone is high on Brandon Banks, but I'm a mixed bag, and here's why.

Granted, he's got gamebreaking speed. If he gets thru the initial wall, he's got a good shot at going all the way.

Problem is if anyone gets a finger on him he's down. He's so light that he can be taken down by the slightest breeze.

I love his speed, I want him to put on some tackle-breaking muscle.... but I don't want him sacrificing his speed.

I want better coverage units. I know the stats say they're pretty good, but there's things that don't show up in the stats, like when a team NEEDS a big return, they get it. If we need to pin someone back to help run out the clock, they always seem to get the return they need. In the Houston game, they need a big return to set up the go ahead score, and lo and behold, Jacoby Jones goes up the sideline for 30 yards.

Dallas, the offense is struggling mightily early on, and the STs give up three HUGE returns back to back to back. Thankfully the defense showed up or Dallas could have had 30 points in the first quarter.

Tennessee, same situation,, a mighty struggle by the O early, one that can bury a team, and boom, just at the wrong time they give up a TD return. Luckily we had enough to overcome that.

Those are just three off the top of my head, and they happened all this season and last season.

So please, Santa. A new special teams coach.

~Bang

Yanno, as much as I might want to hop in St. Nicks lap and ask for something, I am more hopeful about the state of the franchise going forward than I have been in a long time, so I need to practice what I preach and have a little cautious faith in the current regime's ability to get the job the done without my ill-informed opinions.

So, as much as I enjoy ES and depend on it for everything Skins, I would ask for a better year here, more meaningful conversations from more rational people acting in a way that brings credit to our community, and more of the posters brought into the fold, learning something, listening more and expressing themselves in a more worthwhile fashion to the benefit of us all.

I'm thinking the jolly round dude in the big red coat who's hopefully granting these would do a better job then Heyer. *Harsh, or maybe not, me.

Hail.

One of his elves would do better...

My wish is for Santa to stay off the booze this year and bring us a new C who'll be with the Skins for years.

Hail.

My first wish is that Bang not give up and think that our 2011 season is already over. :)

My second wish is for us to get some much needed help on both of our lines.

My third wish is for help in our secondary, both at SS and at CB.

My fourth wish is that I will forget about the other wishes if Santa could some how land us a true franchise QB that will be our starter for the next decade plus.

My Post-Christmas gift wish is for Shanahan to give the Panthers a call in late April and offer up this year and next year's 1st round picks and some combination of McNabb/Haynesworth/Cooley for their #1 pick and for us to sign Andrew Luck and use our 2nd on the best Center available. If you haven't seen him play yet, watch him carve up VT tonight in the Orange Bowl. The kid is the complete NFL QB package.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true coach sent to me

Twelve chip shots scoring

Eleven defenders tackling

Ten games a winning

Nine rushing touchdowns

Eight run stoppers

Seven solid draft picks

Six sacks a game

Five pass protectors

Four solid quarters

Three new starters

Two deep threats

and A franchise signal call-er

Ten games a winning

Nine rushing touchdowns

Eight run stoppers

Seven solid draft picks

Six sacks a game

Five pass protectors

Four solid quarters

Three new starters

Two deep threats

Nice! :applause:

Ten games a winning

Nine rushing touchdowns

Eight run stoppers

Seven solid draft picks

Six sacks a game

Five pass protectors

Four solid quarters

Three new starters

Two deep threats

Lol. Classic. I'm thinking it's no coincidence your from Nashville young Sir.

Sweet work.

Hail.

Archived