Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rabach Just what ive seen lately.

bskinsfan

Dont be to hard on me fans. I do understand his bashing earler in the season. but lately, he has looked good to me i watch him and only him and he seems do be doing his job. Hell watching top round pic get pushed around every game scares me more.Also wondering why when md5 tripped on mongomerys foot. Not a word was said. Just not sure its was rabacks fault at all. Well what do you all think. HAIL SKINS

Then therefore 1st round pick should get cut to he has sucked. And yes i understand the talent he has been up against.And thats why i have defended him with friends. He will get much better in zb . But also rabach has never zb eather. And point is lately he has looked a lot better then earler in season.Maby his health or maby getting zb down.

Rabach is a bum. Good thing our always brilliant FO has him under contract until 2013.

I read an article that his contract is similar to the one they gave McNabb. The team can cut him at any time without any real CAP ramifications. I don't see the FO not addressing the problems at the C position. I feel the only way Rabach will be back is as a backup...which wouldn't be a terrible thing.

I read an article that his contract is similar to the one they gave McNabb. The team can cut him at any time without any real CAP ramifications. I don't see the FO not addressing the problems at the C position. I feel the only way Rabach will be back is as a backup...which wouldn't be a terrible thing.

That is certainly a good thing. Few things are worse in the NFL than having to pay some washed up has been/never was to sit at home for a couple of years.

I won't disagree that, physically, Rabach struggles, this weekend notwithstanding. However, he is still in there b/c he handles all the calls at the line...and I don't know about you, but I would rather have Rabach handle those duties than Cook. I also disagree with cutting him -- I think he'd be fine as a back-up C where he can fill in here-and-there and help our next young center be it Hudson, Wisnewski or whoever.

And I really can't hate on Rabach. He may not have the talent, but he works. Lichtsanutsack is a different story (I especially like the play where he literally didn't block anyone and let two people run right by him...)

He played well against Dallas for the first time in a long, long time. He usually gets totally owned by Ratliff, so that was a pleasant surprise.

I agree...

No confusion here...I want that position upgraded in the off-season no matter what, but objectively I'd have to say that he looked better in the Dallas game (from what I can tell). Depending on our options, I wouldn't lose sleep if he was retained as our backup center (though I'd prefer that Montgomery be our backup/swing guy instead if he's not tabbed as the starter).

I agree...

No confusion here...I want that position upgraded in the off-season no matter what, but objectively I'd have to say that he looked better in the Dallas game (from what I can tell). Depending on our options, I wouldn't lose sleep if he was retained as our backup center (though I'd prefer that Montgomery be our backup/swing guy instead if he's not tabbed as the starter).

I can agree totally with this assessment.

Then therefore 1st round pick should get cut to he has sucked. And yes i understand the talent he has been up against.And thats why i have defended him with friends. He will get much better in zb . But also rabach has never zb eather. And point is lately he has looked a lot better then earler in season.Maby his health or maby getting zb down.

Are you trying to say that Trent Williams has sucked this year? He's struggled in some games but he's also dominated a lot of the NFL's premiere edge rushers and he's excellent in run blocking in the open field.

Rabach has looked mediocre in his best moments and those moments have been few and far between. It's time to move on and get some youth at Center. Stefen Wisniewski would make this OL noticeably better.

I would also like an upgrade at that position but unsure if Shanahan feels the same way. For some reason they love the guy and I wish we had media members who knew how to ask some of these quetions (not like Shanahan would give specifics but at least ask).

There are so many positions that seem to display serious ineptitude and Shanny just sticks w/ them or feels they position isn't that bad. i.e Dockery vs. Lichensteiger.

But Casey is a hard worker (in practice at least), agile, smart, and hardly every gets injured and because of those reasons i feel the Shannys will ride him out until someone shows them otherwie. The coaches are obviously a little more partial to veterans.

---------- Post added December-22nd-2010 at 10:47 AM ----------

Are you trying to say that Trent Williams has sucked this year? He's struggled in some games but he's also dominated a lot of the NFL's premiere edge rushers and he's excellent in run blocking in the open field.

Rabach has looked mediocre in his best moments and those moments have been few and far between. It's time to move on and get some youth at Center. Stefen Wisniewski would make this OL noticeably better.

ditto. I'm okay w/ Trent minus his early knack for injuries. Falling at home? i dont get it but whatever. He was a good pick.

Rabach needs to be replaced but it has to be an upgrade obviously. Not just someone young for the hell of it.

I won't disagree that, physically, Rabach struggles, this weekend notwithstanding. However, he is still in there b/c he handles all the calls at the line...and I don't know about you, but I would rather have Rabach handle those duties than Cook. I also disagree with cutting him -- I think he'd be fine as a back-up C where he can fill in here-and-there and help our next young center be it Hudson, Wisnewski or whoever.

Ok, a few points.

1. Has Rabach really been handling the calls? Zorn and Saunders both stated that they had QBs call the line audibles. He may be handling the calls now, but let me further illustrate a point here.

2. If he has been handling the line calls for the last few years and is currently handling them, he is awful at them. He literally must be making the wrong calls. Even in his best game (yes I will give him credit for the Dallas game and playing hurt [though stupid to do so as an older player on an eliminated team]) the offense gave up 5 sacks. Of course, not every sack is on Rabach or even the line. If he is in charge of blitz pick up and shifting protection, he is bad at it and has been bad at it for a long time. This team hasnt protected well for most of his run where he supposedly has been in charge of line calls. If he were to be replaced by anyone else, there would be no loss of anything.

Ok, a few points.

1. Has Rabach really been handling the calls? Zorn and Saunders both stated that they had QBs call the line audibles. He may be handling the calls now, but let me further illustrate a point here.

2. If he has been handling the line calls for the last few years and is currently handling them, he is awful at them. He literally must be making the wrong calls. Even in his best game (yes I will give him credit for the Dallas game and playing hurt [though stupid to do so as an older player on an eliminated team]) the offense gave up 5 sacks. Of course, not every sack is on Rabach or even the line. If he is in charge of blitz pick up and shifting protection, he is bad at it and has been bad at it for a long time. This team hasnt protected well for most of his run where he supposedly has been in charge of line calls. If he were to be replaced by anyone else, there would be no loss of anything.

I thought that he did -- and our line didn't REALLY go to pot until last year...I think Rabach knows the offense, however is not physically capable of performing every week. Like I said -- my bigger issue is with guys like Licthensteiger who really blows...

Lichtsanutsack is a different story (I especially like the play where he literally didn't block anyone and let two people run right by him...)

Can you imagine him facing off against AH one-on-one in practice drills? The whistle blows, they both look at each other for a nannosecond, then fall down into a heap together, breathing heavily...

Rabach has improved in the last 2 games IMHO. I've been so down on him this year that I didn't even want to admit that to myself, but it's true. That doesn't mean he's the C of the future. Far from it. My preference is picking up a good C in the draft, grooming one of our newer guys to take the job, or finding a FA, in that order. We can keep Rabach as depth, but that's it.

Archived