Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Matt Terl twitter - Phillip Daniels to IR

c4man5282

redskinsblog Redskins Matt Terl

Phillip Daniels is going to go on IR, ending his season.

LarryWeisman Redskins Blitz

Doughty has a concussion.

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen

Shanahan on McIntosh's injury: "Rocky tweaked his hamstring." Expects him to be back.

RedskinsInsider Redskins Insider

No update on Brian Orakpo. Shanahan hopes to know more on Wednesday.

And, most likely, his career. It's a shame. Not the most talented player, but definitely a true Redskin. He'll be missed on the field, in the locker room, and on this board (though I hope he continues to stop by once in a while)

He doesn't seem done yet. I don't know his injury, but with only 2 games left, being put on IR doesn't mean much.

So that's more than likely that of Daniels in DC.

Thank you for the last 6 years hard work and dedication Phillip. Not the best end going, but if awards were given for 100% professionalism and dedication to both your craft and this organization, you'd clean up. For that ass whooping against Dallas in the '05 run to the playoffs where you planted Bledsoe on his ass 4 times you'll always have a special place in our history.

Hail.

---------- Post added December-20th-2010 at 03:28 PM ----------

Despite this, many of you want a QB in the 1st round instead of a DE. Plus we're the last ranked defense transitioning to a 3-4. I don't understand it...Shanny better not let me down this offseason.

The next few drafts should be line heavy, both sides of the ball. But if you fully believe a guy is good enough to be your franchise QB, you take him, no questions asked. Even if it means moving up and costing you more picks, if you believe he's your guy to solidify the most important position on the team for a decade or more, you take him.

Hail.

Redskins placed DE Phillip Daniels (abdomen/groin) on injured reserve, ending his season.

It could be a career-ender for the 37-year-old. Daniels was never a star pass rusher, and faded with his run defense this season. Though he's under contract for $1 million in 2011, it's probably time for the Skins to move on.

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

And, most likely, his career. It's a shame. Not the most talented player, but definitely a true Redskin. He'll be missed on the field, in the locker room, and on this board (though I hope he continues to stop by once in a while)

I hope he is kept on as a coach-in-training much like Samuels was.

Archived