Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**Questions for the draft**

DeployedSkinsFan88

Whats up fellow ES'ers,

Well I didnt get to watch the skins game this week, since they were showing the New Orleans game, yet again, but as I can see it looks like Sexy Rexy played a good game. Hopefully he can keep it up. So heres a question for you smarter ones on the draft. ive read alot of thread on here about trying to pick up Andrew Luck at QB through the draft. Since the Skins wouldnt be able to draft any higher than 6th unless we trade up who do you think we would deal to secure Luck if he is an option?

Me ide rather pass on Luck and build the lines first but theres a reason why Im not a coach, just a fan, so ill trust our organization to do the right thing. But if we were to trade higher, i thought mabye we could throw Fred Davis in the mix. To me I think he is amazing as a tight end however I dont see him getting many reps since we have Cooley. Do you think wede throw in Fred Davis with a mix a AH and Donavan to get Luck? Who else do you think on our current roster coulr be traded away for a draft pick? Lets get some good insight...and everybody on this board who trashed Interceptus Rexus can eat crow for his amazing game against the Cowboys...I think he'll do fine until we mold our next franchise QB....let the debating begin!!!! HAIL!

We'll try to trade McNabb and Haynesworth for whatever we can recover. I don't think Davis has much trade value because he hasn't played much, but I would rather trade Cooley since he would net more. Davis is more athletic anyway.

It's gonna take 2 1sts and some change on top of that to move up from 6-8th overall to 1st to take Luck (assuming the team picking 1st wants to trade down). But I think we should to try to do it anyway.

We'll try to trade McNabb and Haynesworth for whatever we can recover. I don't think Davis has much trade value because he hasn't played much, but I would rather trade Cooley since he would net more. Davis is more athletic anyway.

It's gonna take 2 1sts and some change on top of that to move up from 6-8th overall to 1st to take Luck (assuming the team picking 1st wants to trade down). But I think we should to try to do it anyway.

you are gonna get blasted for saying trade cooley. however, as much as i love having 47 on this team, he has great trade value. also, keeping davis on the bench with his talent is damn crazy!

ive been saying this for the past 2 years!

If a team is set on taking Luck, I don't think that Fred Davis would be the difference that would tip the scales.

LOL. Very dry, and very good.

We aren't getting Luck. We found out last year that trading up to get what's perceived to be a sure fire lock at QB is nigh on impossible. Everyone knows we're desperate and in the market for a QB. The compensation they'd want would be too big a hit to take when we have so many holes to fill across the board.

Cooley, as much as I love the dude, would be the TE you'd trade if you wanted value, not Davis. And with Davis being a younger, more athletic option that can be equally as effective a pass catching TE; that wouldn't be a bad thing to do in the bigger picture.

Hail.

Very valid points you guys have given, so Luck is pretty much a LONG shot...if i was the GM/scouting crew whatever I would pick up some more solid O-line personell, i mean look at what shanny found (the silverback) i remember before we had drafted him everybody had said he had major work ethic issues and never really pushed himself to excel. Hes been the total opposite of Fat Al and truely defined himself as a solid Left Tackle for us...im not to keen on Jamal Williams at all.

I may get burned for this by other members but I say keep Rex as the QB if he continues to perform at a solid level, then ide draft us some solid O-Line guys. and fill as many holes as possible with youth via the draft, then whoever we can get through the FA, thats not washed up...thats would i would LOVE to see happen. You can take a subpar QB and "make" him look superior with a solid o-line....so I say no to a QB for now...fill our more pressing spots first, then look to a future QB...you never know..Luck could be a "bust"

AND.....please dont let Cooley go...yea he could be great trade value....but I want to see him retire as a Redskin...hes the only way I got my wife to actually watch football...she only remembered his name...PLEASE FOR GOD KEEP NUMBER 47! Lol.....

If Luck is as special as everyone is saying he is then you go get him; whatever the cost. Most people have him rated as being a much better prospect than Bradford. And Bradford is damn good. The QB is THE MOST important position on the field. Because a good one can get out of bad plays and into good ones. Every play goes thru him (even runs) so he has to be very sharp upstairs and have at least NFL Average physical ability.

Don't trade Cooley. He's so much more consistent and a better playmaker than Davis. I can't put my finger on it (work habits, smarts, or whatever) but Davis just doesn't seem like a top tier Tight End. And as experts agree the Receiving Tight End is the Queen of the Chessboard when it comes to creating mismatches. Look at Peyton without Dallas Clark. Even the Pats make great use of theirs.

We don't have anyone that anybody would want to trade for. We're a 5 and 9 team for a reason! We are bereft of talent.

i can see us packaging both mcnabb and hanyesworth to minnesota for there 1st or 2nd and 4th. or arizona for there 2nd for mcnabb and cooley would probably be delt to atlanta for there last 1st or late 2nd. any trade makes sense but it all depends on how desperate the other teams are who ive mentioned.

As much as I love Cooley, it's time to let him go. The team is getting younger and we have to learn to get rid of aging players. Cooley has missed some very catcheable catches this year, catches he used to always make. It's time to let him go while his value is still up there. Learning to let go of players at the opportune time is key for the growth of this franchise. New England has no problem doing it and look where they're at year in and year out.

---------- Post added December-19th-2010 at 09:21 PM ----------

i can see us packaging both mcnabb and hanyesworth to minnesota for there 1st or 2nd and 4th. or arizona for there 2nd for mcnabb and cooley would probably be delt to atlanta for there last 1st or late 2nd. any trade makes sense but it all depends on how desperate the other teams are who ive mentioned.

Minnesota doesn't have a fourth. Good ole' Randy Moss basically ruined our chance of trading McNabb to the Vikes

then it could be the follwoing years 4th.. im sure that they want mcnabb.. they have all the pieces and ive talked to many of my coworkers who are viking fans and love that idea of both mcnabb and fat al... why.. mcnabb fits there offense and gives them a true instant qb that they need to go with all there firepower and fat al.. well they run the 4-3 and imagine that d with kevin williams, jared allen, and winfield !!! wow! and contract wise.. umm incentive based for fat is what he needs! with the addition of both on the vikings they are right back in the mix of things.. and for us we unload 2 people who dont fit our system and get draft picks... both win win.

As much as I love Cooley, it's time to let him go. The team is getting younger and we have to learn to get rid of aging players. Cooley has missed some very catcheable catches this year, catches he used to always make. It's time to let him go while his value is still up there. Learning to let go of players at the opportune time is key for the growth of this franchise. New England has no problem doing it and look where they're at year in and year out.

Agree completely.

Minnesota doesn't have a fourth. Good ole' Randy Moss basically ruined our chance of trading McNabb to the Vikes

I thought they gave up their 3rd for Moss?

We aren't getting Luck. We found out last year that trading up to get what's perceived to be a sure fire lock at QB is nigh on impossible.

The only reason for that is the Rams were pretty much dead set on taking Bradford. They listened to offers I'm sure, but they apparently set the price so high that you'd practically have to give up an entire draft to move up to #1. Shanny tried to move up but their asking price was beyond ridiculous. So we know that if Shanny really likes a QB he will do whatever he can to get him. If a team that isn't in dire need of a QB is picking #1 overall, you can bet they will be listening seriously to offers and that Shanahan won't want to miss again. This is, of course, assuming that Shanahan likes Luck as much as he did Bradford..though I can't see why he wouldn't like him at least as much if not more.

I'm not sure we will be in a position to trade McNabb. I doubt any team will assume his contract. On top of that he is another year older, has had an abysmal season, and evidence that he struggles greatly in learning a new system. Not very enticing to another team, especially with them knowing we could just cut him on the cheap.

lol a 7th? We need to get rid of him when he still has some value. Need to get younger, IMO

Thats prob all we will get for him right now. I have read a lot of stuff on hogshaven to convince me to keep Cooley and get rid of Fred Davis. We defiantly need to get younger but consistency is crucial.

You're willing to trade a young, athletic TE who when given the opportunity to start, showed that he's a more than capable starter for a 7th rd pick?

Maybe not a 7th more like a 5th. I don't know his trade value but my point is im willing to give him away over Cooley. Cooley has been VERY consistent for us for a long time. I don't care that he shows athletic ability he has shown to be lazy since day 1 of training camp. He dropped a wide open TD vs the eagles and two 2-point conversions. He also celebrated like he won an oscar when he caught that long pass vs the eagles when we were down 28 points. I believe theres a reason he doesn't get targeted. Maybe the cowboys will take him, he'd fit in perfect. He's very "talented".

Archived