Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Redskins Fan Manic Depressive Fits of Laughter Thread

MarkRascadizzle

It's a well known fact that being a devoted Redskins fan has the side effect of manic depression.

So our options after this loss are:

1. Cry

2. Hang up our TV's and never watch the Redskins again.

3. Get a sex change and root for the Cowboys.

or 4. Just freakin' laugh about it.

So I'm making this thread so we can all release all of our depressive rage in the form of humor.

What's the difference between Bozo the Clown and the Redskins' extra point unit?

When Bozo juggles, we all win.

it hurts me so bad. The Redskins are such a HUGE part of my life.

They've been so bad for so long, i'm pretty numb these days. Yet I still fly a Redskins flag outside my house, wear a redskins lanyard to work every day, and spend 10+ hours on extremeskins every week.

and they give me nothing in return but heartache. it'll be "GO SKINS!" until the day i die, but my god...something's gotta give one day...

Meh, your only 20. I was exactly the same back then. This result would of ruined my whole week, I'd be an ass to be around, around now; and I'd be plotting how to legally make Gano disappear.

Maybe it's a sign of age, with priorities in life changing; maybe it's just years and years of being totally worn down by this team; but it honestly doesn't effect me near half as much these day's. I've been at #4 for long enough now. Don't get me wrong, it still hurts. But it's not the "be all and end all" it was at your age to the extent it would totally affect my life. Now, I can log off here after this post, turn on the TV and get straight into a show; talk to the family; whatever.

It changes man as life goes on.

Hail.

it hurts me so bad. The Redskins are such a HUGE part of my life.

They've been so bad for so long, i'm pretty numb these days. Yet I still fly a Redskins flag outside my house, wear a redskins lanyard to work every day, and spend 10+ hours on extremeskins every week.

and they give me nothing in return but heartache. it'll be "GO SKINS!" until the day i die, but my god...something's gotta give one day...

I'm with you SkinsFan, I feel like a battered wife that keeps coming back for more punishment.

I'm with you SkinsFan, I feel like a battered wife that keeps coming back for more punishment.

you and i are the same age too. i'm 28, abotu to be 29. were just barely too young to really enjoy the 80s. i remember superbowl 26, i was 9 years old. definitely not old enough to truly enjoy it.

All i've ever really known is losing. but still, every sunday i'm in my jersey and screaming at the top of my lungs. paying Direct TV a butt-load of money just to watch this crap team. i just keep telling myself that in another 5 years when we turn it around, and the joy i will feel knowing that we deserve it because we hung in there. Fans like us are "due."

Man ive all but given up.I still bleed burgundy and gold and all that but come on.......I dont even get excited if we are leading.I dont get upset when the refs miss penalties on the opposing teams.I just kind of lie there on the couch, all but lifeless waiting for the skins to blow it.Then i just giggle about it.I guess i've just come to expect us to lose against anybody on every gameday.So i dont care anymore.They give me no reason what so ever to have the slightest amount of hope.

It used to affect me for a while after a tough or huge loss.Not anymore.I didnt even shake my head after todays loss.Just got up and grabbed the remote and switched to another game so i can watch a REAL team play football.So here's to losing out,might as well get the best draft possible.

It used to affect me for a while after a tough or huge loss.Not anymore.I didnt even shake my head after todays loss.Just got up and grabbed the remote and switched to another game so i can watch a REAL team play football.So here's to losing out,might as well get the best draft possible.

that's exactly what I did LOL.

isn't it depressing? when they show these highlights of other teams, these long bombs or nifty runs and trick plays. you know, PRODUCTION? i wish the redskins could put together some plays like that. that's where the whole "we have no talent" thing comes into play, and i hope we can make some good moves this off-season to acquire some young, fresh talent.

---------- Post added December-12th-2010 at 01:54 PM ----------

Well on the positive side McNabb only needs to average 2 TDs the last 3 games to match Campbell's TD production from last year and it only cost us to draft picks. :cry: :(

Wow...just wow. LOL.

With every tragic and ever more humiliating defeat, I stand awed and in wonder at the ever more ingenious ways that the Skins find to lose games. And, after each dejecting loss, as I watch the players on the opposing team celebrate at their good fortune, I have a single vision. Me, sinking forlornly to my knees, while above me is a guffawing Daniel Snyder, lighting a hundred dollar cigar with money he has taken directly from my wallet. As I wallow on the ground next to his 4000 dollar loafers, be bends down, as if to console me, but instead blows his rancid cigar smoke directly in my face. Half blinded, all I can do is scream in agony and betrayal, knowing that this time next week, I will be in the exact same position.

Hey, ****tail weenies. Gotta go

Well on the positive side McNabb only needs to average 2 TDs the last 3 games to match Campbell's TD production from last year and it only cost us to draft picks. :cry: :(

He's also just become the first Redskin QB since Theismann to pass for a TD in 12 straight games. As well as being on target for a 4k passing yrd season. Throw in the fact until today we've little to NO running game, and a line as porous as anything Campbell faced. Oh, and his first year in a new system after all his pro career in a completely different one.

But hey, he cost us a 2nd and 4th, and apparently he's no better than his predecessor.

Hail.

I would like to do #2 but I am not man enough to do it. Every week I tune back in for the same crap as the previous week. Every week I say I am done, and I keep coming back. But I am smart enough not to buy any Redskins related merchandise anymore. I just want to fall asleep and have someone wake me up when Snyder sells the team. I am tired of the free agent busts, I am tired of the retread coaches, I am tired of all the hype. Is it my fault for buying into the hype? Yes. But the more this team blows the more I feel like giving up on it. Just say in August we have a lot of work to do and it is a process. Don't come in with Shanny and McNabb and make us think we are contenders.

Archived