Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grant Paulsen (via Twitter): Redskins have signed Jacob Bender OG from UFL (Connecticut)

Sweet Sassy Molassy

RT @granthpaulsen: According to a league source, the #Redskins have agreed to terms with OL Jacob Bender. He had been playing guard for Connecticut in the UFL.

RT @granthpaulsen: Bender chose the #Redskins over a couple of other interested teams. He worked with OL coach Chris Foerster in San Francisco last season.

No word if he's on 53-man (but who would we drop—Rabach going to IR?) or Practice Sqaud.

RT @granthpaulsen: According to a league source, the #Redskins have agreed to terms with OL Jacob Bender. He had been playing guard for Connecticut in the UFL.

RT @granthpaulsen: Bender chose the #Redskins over a couple of other interested teams. He worked with OL coach Chris Foerster in San Francisco last season.

No word if he's on 53-man (but who would we drop—Rabach going to IR?) or Practice Sqaud.

Probably practice squad. You have to pay 150k to sign a player to the active roster, but it's free to sign them to the practice squad. Not sure how that all works, but seems like we'd use that loophole.

Skins now have o-linemen from Centreville HS (Will Montgomery) and DeMatha. That's pretty wild.

I think Heyer went to DeMatha too. Same with Westbrook. I think I read somewhere Dematha has more pro players than any High School in the country

EDIT: Sorry, wrong about Heyer. Right about Westbrook tho

Someone said that no UFL players could be signed until after Sat. because their season is not over until then and they sign contracts agreeing to stay the whole season? Then I hear the Giants signed a WR. Now we sign a OL from the UFL.

Yeah, apparently that was false info haha.

Guys, Will Robinson was signed off our PS by Seattle. Bender takes his place. The Seahawks swoopped in right when we needed a little more OL depth. But I'm guessing that if they didn't promote Robinson with all the mayhem in the trenches, then he wasn't really the guy anyway. Hopefully, Bender can get up to speed pretty quick.

Archived