Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Portis Is 'Ready To Go,' Torain Out

flexxskins

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

Posted: November 19, 2010

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/News___Notes__Portis_Is__Ready_To_Go___Torain_Out_172573.jsp

Running back Clinton Portis is expected to play on Sunday against the Tennessee Titans.

Portis is returning from a groin injury he suffered in Week 4.

“Looks like Clinton will be ready to go,” head coach Mike Shanahan said after Friday’s practice.

Meantime, running back Ryan Torain will not play against the Titans due to a hamstring injury.

Portis has participated in practice the last two weeks, although he said he had a setback before the Redskins’ game against the Philadelphia Eagles last Monday night.

Portis was full-go in Friday’s practice.

“He has had a number of weeks to get back into football shape and he has had a couple of weeks to practice and hopefully there is no setback,” Shanahan said.

Click the link above for the rest of the article

Here's hoping C.P. comes back with an attitude. Team needs every little bit of help it can get. Be nice to have him back there on those pass plays too.

It seems like the passing game was definitely healthier with CP in there. His pass blocking is obviously good, but he's good blocking downfield too...that block in the Houston game comes to mind. Plus I think he can still have success on the ground. Having him back will at least be one reason to look forward to the game. :silly:

Although yes I hope that CP can have a solid day rushing, I think Shanny is going to give Keiland more carries since Clinton is fresh off an injury, but at least Mcnabb will have an extra second or two to throw the ball. I have a feeling we're gonna see multiple bootleg and play action plays like we did at the beginning of the year.

I'd expect to see Clinton primarily as a third down back untill he gets fully healthy. My gut feeling is we still wouldn't see him suiting up if Torain hadn't tweaked his hamstring. Hopefully rushing Clinton back into action isn't going to set him back. I know he is highly overpaid at this point but I believe he could still be a productive back in this system.

Geez, that "train" was derailed quick!

What I wonder about is, will AH come in playing flat and with no effort, or will he have a chip on his shoulder for Fisher trading him ?

Either way, I've always liked CP, and whether he's lost a step or two, or three, or twenty eight, he is one of the few players who actually cares, which is alot more than I can say about the rest...

Archived