Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everyone needs to relax, stay medium and think about the future direction.(Merged)

Homercles82

If an outside were to read this board, and I am sure that some do, they would think that the Redskins fanbase is ready to blow up the team, yet again.

They would see thread titles such as, "Mike Shanahan Quit On This Team With 11 Minutes Left. Sorry Mike, That's Possibly The Worst Coaching Performance In Skins History." or "Suffering from Front Office Bi Polar Disorder" or "Front Office Moves= Blowouts ".

How can you not read those, along with many other threads and not think the fanbase wants everything changed again?

The knee jerk reactionary fans who post on here, myself included sometimes, are part of the reason our fanbase looks so bad in the eyes of other teams fanbases. But, if posters on this board would take a few minutes to calm down and look at how moves are being made that impact the next 3 to 5 years it would all make sense.

We signed McNabb to a 5 year deal. He may not be here for the full 5 years but essentially what it does is put off the need to draft a QB immediately next spring. It allows us to focus on our primary needs, which lie on the lines. It also negates the need to mortgage future draft picks to move up to draft someone who will likley be a bust.

We desparately need offensive linemen. As of right now Trent Williams, a rookie, is our best playing offensive lineman. Now, as expected with rookies, het gets blown up or commits a penalty, but he is a glimmer of hope on a sinking ship. We all pontificate daily on how the coaches need to move people around. I have read multiple times that Lichtensteiger needs to be moved to C and Dockery needs to be placed at G. How do fans know this will work? This is a very fantasy football/Madden mentality that some fans are taken on. Thankfully linemen can be found in the mid rounds, even later in the draft.

Our defensive line, if staying in a 3-4, of which there have been no indications that we will be changing, needs to be shored up with a stud NT. There is no doubt about it. I honestly think that should be our #1 priority going into next years draft now that we have a QB locked up.

Young running backs have been getting playing time, which is a good thing. Torain appears to have kept the injury bug but has shown promise. Kieland Williams showed some promise last night but some would argue it was in garbage time. I think the running game needs a better OL to compete week in and week out. This is an area of need in drafting.

We do need receivers, badly. I have no answer for WR. We can try and find someone in the mid to late rounds but an early round pick cannot be used on a WR. We have more pressing needs at other more important areas.

What I am trying to get at is some fans need to stop asking for change, which is something we have seen too much of over the last 10 years, and look at the big picture.

If you felt this team was going anywhere significant after the extrme ups and downs during the first half of the season you were sadly mistaken and maybe that is why some of you are so angry. This is something that is going to turn around in another season or two. Unfortunately I think some of us have the patience level of the most hated one, Daniel Snyder. Yes, I went there.

Snyder it seems has had more patience this year than a majority of this board.

If an outside were to read this board, and I am sure that some do, they would think that the Redskins fanbase is ready to blow up the team, yet again.

This is as far as I got when reading this thread. When have we blown up this team? You imply we're rebuilding with this comment.

This is as far as I got when reading this thread. When have we blown up this team? You imply we're rebuilding with this comment.

I consider it blowing up the team when every 2 years you bring in a new coach, new coordinators and new schemes. I never specified blowing up the roster.

I consider it blowing up the team when every 2 years you bring in a new coach, new coordinators and new schemes. I never specified blowing up the roster.

Fair enough... But why then did you bring up my Bi-Polar thread? That was about blowing up the roster, not the entire thing.

The problem is we have never blown this team up. We just bring in new coaches and see if they can polish the turd that is the redskins. When that doesn't work we buy expensive name players to see if that will work while giving up the future. Anyone who thought we were doing to be good this year is dellusional. We won 4 games last year. Lost to the Rams AND the Lions this year. We are quite a few drafts away from being a true contender. I think the coaches are doing what they can. We dont have talent. Starts witht the draft

I was using it as an example of a thread title that could throw off an outsider. Not the merits within Kdawg :)

Just went back and read the OP and it's well thought out. But I'm not sure why you're calling people out. Look, there are some of us who look at things a bit differently than others... I'm not a big fan of the hissy fit, I point out problems I have and solutions to them. But after last night's... uhm... game? I can't find any fault in people who are extremely pissed and not thinking rationally.

We do need to blow this team up... Meaning the roster.

I've said that all year. It's not a new knee jerk reaction for me, and I know there are others who have had the same line of thought.

That said, while I don't 100% agree with the content of the OP, it's at least a well thought out post and that deserves kudos.

Just went back and read the OP and it's well thought out. But I'm not sure why you're calling people out. Look, there are some of us who look at things a bit differently than others... I'm not a big fan of the hissy fit, I point out problems I have and solutions to them. But after last night's... uhm... game? I can't find any fault in people who are extremely pissed and not thinking rationally.

We do need to blow this team up... Meaning the roster.

I've said that all year. It's not a new knee jerk reaction for me, and I know there are others who have had the same line of thought.

That said, while I don't 100% agree with the content of the OP, it's at least a well thought out post and that deserves kudos.

I wasn't intending to call out the OPs of the threads linked. The thread titles are what I wanted. ES turned them into links when I copied.

Ok, I can see that, a lot of people need to vent or piss themselves and roll around in it to get it out of their system- fine- not my way necessarily but if that is absolutely critical they are allowed to, but that has it's limits. Just because you're compassionate about the loony screaming on the corner doesn't mean you invite him in to root through your medicine cabinet to see if something might help. People talk all kinds of crazy :pooh: here all the time, and others point it out.

Ok, I can see that, a lot of people need to vent or piss themselves and roll around in it to get it out of their system- fine- not my way necessarily but if that is absolutely critical they are allowed to, but that has it's limits. Just because you're compassionate about the loony screaming on the corner doesn't mean you invite him in to root through your medicine cabinet to see if something might help. People talk all kinds of crazy :pooh: here all the time, and others point it out.

No... But this is a forum. And while I don't agree, people can voice their opinion however they want. The only issue I have when people do that is when they spread misinformation.

Last night was a perfect storm of catastrophe, but it's not like they get their doors blown off like that every week. These games happen to even good teams. Teams that make the playoffs and even go to the Super Bowl get hammered like that. We lost by 31, but the 49ers lost by 32 to the Eagles back in '94 the year they won the SB. We're not going to the SB, or even the playoffs most likely, but such a blowout loss isn't the end of the world unless it happens frequently.

Relax? Are you kiddin me? We just signed a bum Philly got rid of to a 78 Million deal and had the worst humiliating loss in our team history and the Monday Night football in front of entire nation. Forgot that we still have another bum goes to sleep on a play who we signed for 100 million 2 years ago. Even the Cowgirls played with more heart than this pathetic team last night.

McNabb is 34 and we needed to use that money to build a OL and draft a young QB.

We're going backwards again.

Relax? Are you kiddin me? We just signed a bum Philly got rid of to a 78 Million deal and had the worst humiliating loss in our team history and the Monday Night football in front of entire nation. Forgot that we still have another bum goes to sleep on a play who we signed for 100 million 2 years ago. Even the Cowgirls played with more heart than this pathetic team last night.

McNabb is 34 and we needed to use that money to build a OL and draft a young QB.

We're going backwards again.

I addressed most of you post in the OP.

Oh I'm relaxed alright. I've FINALLY stopped being delusional about this team. Just like many others, I have invested a lot of time and money in this team and for what, to be in the same category as the Lions, Browns and Raiders? Hate to break it to you guys, but we are in worse shape then those teams. They have the youth and draft picks. We don't.

I'm glad I've been able to witness what was the glory years with this team because they aren't going to return any time soon.

justice, that was the biggest blow out loss we've had in a long time, but we've allowed 27, 30, 30, 37 and 59 points in games this season. It's frequent.

A blowout and simply allowing a lot of points are two different things. They give up a lot of points, but they don't lose by 30+ all that much. I was only referring to the frequency of huge blowouts.

do you even pay attention?

how is replacing about 1/2 of your roster not blowing up your roster?

you can only do so much in one offseason, especially one that flips the tapes on UFA making most of them RFA (ie: this past offseason).

I mean, at what number do you consider it blowing up? We have 4/5 new OL players (except heyer still gets playing time somehow).

we have 1 WR from last year. 1. well, 2 i fyou count kelly who's on IR...

not a single QB is here from last season

we have 1 RB from last season

and we held over 2 TE's.

how is that not blowing up your roster on the offensive side?

defensively they obviously have more holdovers, but i mean **** you can only swap out so many people in one offseason.

Oh I'm relaxed alright. I've FINALLY stopped being delusional about this team. Just like many others, I have invested a lot of time and money in this team and for what, to be in the same category as the Lions, Browns and Raiders? Hate to break it to you guys, but we are in worse shape then those teams. They have the youth and draft picks. We don't.

I'm glad I've been able to witness what was the glory years with this team because they aren't going to return any time soon.

Ok, can't even argue with you feeling that way, but I have a simple question. How do you think things will ever change? Why we are here is not as important as where do we go from here.

do you even pay attention?

how is replacing about 1/2 of your roster not blowing up your roster?

you can only do so much in one offseason, especially one that flips the tapes on UFA making most of them RFA (ie: this past offseason).

I mean, at what number do you consider it blowing up? We have 4/5 new OL players (except heyer still gets playing time somehow).

we have 1 WR from last year. 1. well, 2 i fyou count kelly who's on IR...

not a single QB is here from last season

we have 1 RB from last season

and we held over 2 TE's.

how is that not blowing up your roster on the offensive side?

defensively they obviously have more holdovers, but i mean **** you can only swap out so many people in one offseason.

Well, when people say "you can only do so much in one offseason", with what they did in the offseason, they pretty much set up one position on the whole team in the offseason and that's the left tackle. At that rate, how many offseasons is it gonna take?

Well, when people say "you can only do so much in one offseason", with what they did in the offseason, they pretty much set up one position on the whole team in the offseason and that's the left tackle. At that rate, how many offseasons is it gonna take?

An offseason without many quality free agents available. The only way to get quality was to trade picks. We traded for McNabb and now have him resigned. I think it was a fair trade.

Last night hurt, but I kinda marked it as a loss before the game anyway...I mean, the odds of sweeping in the NFC East are low. Next week will probably be another loss, and a 4-6 record. However, the team could beat the Bucs, Vikings, Cowboys (best chance of a sweep), split with the Giants, and beat the Jags. Should this happen, the team is 9-7 and possible wildcard.

Archived