Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everyone needs to relax, stay medium and think about the future direction.(Merged)

Homercles82

I got to the same spot! When did we blow it up?? Unless u consider getting rid of Betts, ARE and Rock as blowing it up?

Did you stop reading at that post of Kdawg's as well? I specified that I mean blowing to be changing coaches/schemes seemingly every year or two.

That sounds like the same philosophy that got us in this mess to begin with.

So do you propose that we should have kept Campbell? Or what free agent QB would you have liked us to get? Or what QB would you have rather selected at #4 in the draft instead of Trent Williams?

I got to the same spot! When did we blow it up?? Unless u consider getting rid of Betts, ARE and Rock as blowing it up?

I agree with tshile's premise that they did kind of blow it up. There's so many new players on this team, the problem is, they're just not any good. Seven players not on the roster last year are starting on offense, and a couple on defense. About 20-25 guys are all new on the roster altogether. That's a significant turnover.

People just need to be realistic about this franchise. It's one thing to "hope" your team surprises you, but going on a complete bash fest is just silly.

We have so many holes it's not even funny...so how can anyone expect us to keep pace with teams that have a better O-line, receivers, running game, corners, etc. etc. etc.???

People just need to be patient. I'm tired of new era after new era...give it a chance. Let's see our offense built more because contrary to what many believe I think McNabb can take us far once we build more. Just be patient and build the team. I'm seeing and hearing from so many people saying they give up on the team forever that I really don't want to hear a peep out of them if we do do well in the future

Relax? Are you kiddin me? We just signed a bum Philly got rid of to a 78 Million deal and had the worst humiliating loss in our team history and the Monday Night football in front of entire nation. Forgot that we still have another bum goes to sleep on a play who we signed for 100 million 2 years ago. Even the Cowgirls played with more heart than this pathetic team last night.

McNabb is 34 and we needed to use that money to build a OL and draft a young QB.

We're going backwards again.

We're only going backwards if you only view moving forward in a narrow minded fashion

Did you stop reading at that post of Kdawg's as well? I specified that I mean blowing to be changing coaches/schemes seemingly every year or two.

So do you propose that we should have kept Campbell? Or what free agent QB would you have liked us to get? Or what QB would you have rather selected at #4 in the draft instead of Trent Williams?

Donovan McNabb's having a worse year this year than Campbell had last year (or than Campbell's having this year in Oakland, for that matter). And he would've been cheaper AND you'd have kept 2 high draft picks, which could've been used on OL, WR, DL, RB, whatever. I always thought Campbell and the two draft picks was equal to or greater than McNabb minus the picks. Now, if McNabb was a free agent and you didn't have to part with the picks, that'd be different.

But who says that you had to select a QB at 4? There's only 4 picks in the entire draft? Brees was a 2nd rd pick, Schaub was a 3rd rd pick, Orton and Garrard were 4th rd picks, Cassell and Romo sits to pee were undrafted altogther. Those are all guys ranked top 15 or higher this year. And that's not counting Rodgers, Freeman, Flacco, all guys in the late 1st round, that if you have picks, you have the option of trading up to get. If they can only pick good players if they have a top 5 pick, they need to not be drafting.

Last night hurt, but I kinda marked it as a loss before the game anyway...I mean, the odds of sweeping in the NFC East are low. Next week will probably be another loss, and a 4-6 record. However, the team could beat the Bucs, Vikings, Cowboys (best chance of a sweep), split with the Giants, and beat the Jags. Should this happen, the team is 9-7 and possible wildcard.

9 - 7? Nothing wrong with dreaming. You think Bucs, Vikes and Cowboys and rest of the team will just lay down and give us a win? With this defense, you're delusional about beating the Giants or any other team on rest of the schedule this year. If we lose next week, we'll have to finish 5 - 1 the rest of the year for 9 - 7 and it aint happening.

It must be nice to be so even keeled after presenting such a steaming pile to the nation in primetime. I don't want to hear how we're building for the future, I don't care if the long term picture is improving and I could give two farts in a windstorm to hear anything even remotely positive or medium. That um...er...game last night was the very definition of rock bottom, uninspired, egregiously lackluster football...At home...After a bye...On our only MNF game of the season...to a division rival....that we beat 6 weeks ago. We were setting records for the Eagles like a fat kid on a cupcake and Michael Vick is now the annointed messiah of the QB position thanks to a game plan that by all means could've be drawn up on an Etch-e-Sketch by a blind, dsylexic amputee. But to all those people out there that think it's all good baby, you just keep wishing on a star and humming down the lane with a bluebird on your shoulder or maybe we should take the train back form Mamby-Pambyland you Jackwagons!!!

It must be nice to be so even keeled after presenting such a steaming pile to the nation in primetime. I don't want to hear how we're building for the future, I don't care if the long term picture is improving and I could give two farts in a windstorm to hear anything even remotely positive or medium. That um...er...game last night was the very definition of rock bottom, uninspired, egregiously lackluster football...At home...After a bye...On our only MNF game of the season...to a division rival....that we beat 6 weeks ago. We were setting records for the Eagles like a fat kid on a cupcake and Michael Vick is now the annointed messiah of the QB position thanks to a game plan that by all means could've be drawn up on an Etch-e-Sketch by a blind, dsylexic amputee. But to all those people out there that think it's all good baby, you just keep wishing on a star and humming down the lane with a bluebird on your shoulder or maybe we should take the train back form Mamby-Pambyland you Jackwagons!!!

It is...but none of that matters when you improve for the future

Just ask the Cowboys. In 2008 they got crushed by 38 points against the Eagles...44-6. But the Cowboys swept the Eagles 3 times in 2009. People still bring up 44-6...but how many care? Heck even last week...Seahawks got crushed by the Giants and the Patriots got crushed by the Browns. They come back this week and it's already forgotten. Same thing with the Broncos vs. Raiders. This seems like the end of the world this week...but you just gotta take it for what it is. This was always a team with a lot of holes and yet people expected us to be lighting it up like teams with twice as much talent

9 - 7? Nothing wrong with dreaming. You think Bucs, Vikes and Cowboys and rest of the team will just lay down and give us a win? With this defense, you're delusional about beating the Giants or any other team on rest of the schedule this year. If we lose next week, we'll have to finish 5 - 1 the rest of the year for 9 - 7 and it aint happening.

Maybe so, and maybe I've drank too much Kool-Aid, but I've seen crazier things happen. It's doubtful the team will finish 9-7, 7-9 is more likely, but it's possible.

A blowout loss on your own home field to a team that you have already defeated makes no damn sense at all. LaRon Landry, DeAngelo Hall, Kaareem Moore, and just about everyone who starts in the secondary should have been benched after the first quarter. If Mike Shanahan was trying to win the game, he does so by making this idiots accountable for their horrible play. Michael Vick is a phenom athlete but he isn't as good as he played last night. The Redskins defense looked pathetic, giving up almost 600 yards of offense. I was at least hoping that someone would hit Vick late or break his damn leg or something. But of course how much pride does a last ranked defense truly have? I'm tired of this weak 3-4. Mike Shanahan should have stuck with 4-3 alignment.

Maybe so, and maybe I've drank too much Kool-Aid, but I've seen crazier things happen. It's doubtful the team will finish 9-7, 7-9 is more likely, but it's possible.

I'll take 7-9. At least it's better than 4-12 last year and hope for 9 - 7 in 2011 if football is still here.

I understand where the OP is coming from with this, but I do agree with you Kdawg.

See, at my office there are 6 of us, and we all like different teams. Last week one of the other guys was reading the posts on here with me and his only comment was "Damn, those fans sound just like what they complain about Snyder doing for so many years"

That IS the outside opinion of us, which is what the OP was trying to get at.

Now, as far as the rest goes, The problem is that only one aspect or the other has been revamped every few years. Either they purged the roster, brought in over paid players who are washed up, or brought in a whole new coaching staff. This past offseason was the first STEP in the right direction. Snyder finally agreed to be patient, allow shanny and allen time to build the team. So now we have a new FO and coaching staff. To show the fans that they are serious about this team, they need to stick with those people for the most part (I have NEVER been a Haslett fan but gave my best attempt this year to support him until last night), and rebuild their roster. That will show the consistency we need and hopefully wear off on to the fans in time. But we are rightfully ticked with the organization and I can understand anyone complaining about it.

The only change I want to see is Snyder paying the Cooke family to take the team back over and give them a public apology while begging for forgiveness. (Yes I have a lot of hate for him, but maybe in time he can turn things around)

My issue is year in year out...we keep talking about the same issues witht his team over and over! The only thing that changes are the coaches: Spurrier, Gibbs 2.0, Zorn and now Shanahan.

I am fan of this team, and I will never trade in my team colors. But this has gotten maddening!

The problem is that when people complain about the player acquisition strategy in the offseason, especially the seemingly contradictory paths of rebuilding the entire defensive scheme and most of the d-line, while acquiring 30-something year old players on offense, everyone jumps all over them for being negative and writing off the season before we've even played the game.

Now that the games are being played, and other teams are settting records against the Skins, no one is allowed to complain because we're supposed to be on a 3-to-5 year plan and we should all be patient.

This town seems to have no patience. We want instant gratification!

Um, by "instant gratification" do you mean we, the fans, are sick of being anywhere from bad to mediocre year in and year out? If so, that makes sence, because this "instant gratification" you speak of, I've been waiting on for nearly 20 years!

I'll take 7-9. At least it's better than 4-12 last year and hope for 9 - 7 in 2011 if football is still here.

There are A LOT of "ifs" but if the team does some good things this off-season, I think they'll be decent next year, and set up for greatness in 2012. Basically, in my mind, what needs to happen is this....MK finally steps up as a solid WR option, James Davis pans out as a solid choice for RB, the team drafts well (particularly on the O-Line), and we maybe land a reliable FS via free agency, and I think the ground work will be set for this team to take off. Unfortunately, I just think it's about two years away...

This town seems to have no patience. We want instant gratification!

Yep...and it's that lack of stability that's killed us for years. Always firing this...firing that...releasing Qbs. By next season McNabb will be gone and will probably have success with the Cardinals...we'll draft a young QB(which we did a few years ago), and we'll continue to go in circles because we have no patience. Like with the McNabb trade and Mike Shanahan coming in...I always saw it as a stabilizing move to lay a foundation. But people are already more than willing to tear apart that foundation and it will continue to be a pattern

Redskins fans may not share the same views as Dan Snyder...but they sure REACT like Dan Snyder in terms of impatience...

Archived