Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everyone needs to relax, stay medium and think about the future direction.(Merged)

Homercles82

Um, by "instant gratification" do you mean we, the fans, are sick of being anywhere from bad to mediocre year in and year out? If so, that makes sence, because this "instant gratification" you speak of, I've been waiting on for nearly 20 years!

That may be true...but how many "eras" have we had in those 20 years? We've just been releasing and firing left and right when we don't get the results we want. Nothing is ever put into perspective.

If the CBA ends up working out, there will be some decent, quality receivers on the open market. Guys like James Jones from the Packers and Davonne Bess from the Dolphins are both scheduled to be free agents and would both come with a modest contract compared to somebody like Vincent Jackson or Randy Moss.

- Eric

That may be true...but how many "eras" have we had in those 20 years? We've just been releasing and firing left and right when we don't get the results we want. Nothing is ever put into perspective.

No, you're right. What you described is the problem...I've mentioned this in another thread last week, and here is the gist of it:

Pittsburg head coaches from 1970 to present: Noll, Cowher, Tomlin

Redskins coaches from 1970 to present: Lombardi, Allen, Pardee, Gibbs, Pettibone, Turner, Robinski, Schottenheimer (sp?), Spurrier, Gibbs, Zorn, Shanahan.

The Redskins need stability and an identity, and I think Shanahan and Bruce Allen can really help in that department. As mentioned earlier, I think if the team makes the right moves this off-season, the team will be on it's way to greatness. We really got to get a great O-line in place first, then really build up the Defense to get players for the 34 scheme.

My wish....MK steps up next year, James Davis proves to be the real deal (saves picks on WR and RB), and we draft a Center, Guard, DT, OLB, NT, FS. Or...if a solid FS isn't available, another OG.

The problem is that when people complain about the player acquisition strategy in the offseason, especially the seemingly contradictory paths of rebuilding the entire defensive scheme and most of the d-line, while acquiring 30-something year old players on offense, everyone jumps all over them for being negative and writing off the season before we've even played the game.

Now that the games are being played, and other teams are settting records against the Skins, no one is allowed to complain because we're supposed to be on a 3-to-5 year plan and we should all be patient.

What other team, besides Philthy, set records against us? I am not attacking, curious.

"The Redskins must decide if they’re the hunters or the hunted, chasing big game or allowing big games. Predators or prey.

In the spirit of getting it together, let us prey. Upon others." - Larry Weisman 11/16/10

While we can feel disappointed, upset, lash out and be critical on our team, for obvious reasons, lets not be unintelligent and waste the energy of the moment now, this week, and next week. Not yet, because this team has 7 more games to go. An event this devastating is an embarrassing realization, back-to-earth, humbling feeling that instinctively transpires into being hungry, redemptive, and determined soldiers. Mistakes can be profitable early, for there are later stages for proving your teams full potential, and the knowledge of having the lesson of previous mistakes will pay off exponentially. This is an opportunity, not a disaster.,, lets not waste precious preparation time lamenting, instead learning and executing for the sole reason of redemption and reclamation. There is time, let them fight back. Its not over until you are officially out of the playoffs. 7 games, lets get it!

HTTR!

:logo:

Archived