Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis: Will he make a difference? *UPDATE: Portis to start vs. Titans.*

s0crates

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm glad he left....he ISN'T HURT....they're just playing it safe....we needed him and he got us going
I hope you are right. He looked phenomenal when he was in there. It would be great to have him healthy down the stretch. If he can play like he was early in this one, he can help us make a run.

I hope you are right. He looked phenomenal when he was in there. It would be great to have him healthy down the stretch. If he can play like he was early in this one, he can help us make a run.

Portis is tough as nails to even attempt to come back.

I hope he can come back healthy; but again, judging by his injury i doubt it.

I've been saying this for weeks. Portis+Torain would be a very good thing to help get our offense going. That plus Portis's pass blocking would be gold

Add in the fact that Keiland Williams is showing improvement and we could get it started. The team is hungry right now...they know with that loss to Philly they have to play HARD to stay in the playoff race

I'm glad he left....he ISN'T HURT....they're just playing it safe....we needed him and he got us going

Sorry but this is an ignorant comment. This isn't some fantasy world. We were down to 1 running back besides Darryl Young so if portis was healthy he would at least be in uniform for the second half. I doubt shanny is reserving his stars for the stretch run. We needed this game and if CP was good to go he would have played in the second half.

He looked good and really made an instant difference in being decisive, good runs, 1st downs, and we already know about blitz pick up in pass pro. I hope he was just being rested a bit and being brought back slowly and didn't mess up the groin again. If not...I don't know what he as left. The injuries are slowly ending his career. He's good to above good when healthy.

Sorry but this is an ignorant comment. This isn't some fantasy world. We were down to 1 running back besides Darryl Young so if portis was healthy he would at least be in uniform for the second half. I doubt shanny is reserving his stars for the stretch run. We needed this game and if CP was good to go he would have played in the second half.

no it will be more ignorant to push the injury if his groin is starting to get sore and tight.. thats how Portis ended up tearing the muscle in the first place because he tried to play though the injury...

its not about "reserving" the stars for the stretch run but instead its about limited the seriousness of the injury...

If this was the Super Bowl.. I am sure Portis was going to be out there pushing it until it he REALLY couldnt go.. but we are only in week 11 with 6 more games to go.. its smarter to have Portis for next 6 games then to risk losing for the season just for 1 game.

portis is teetering on IR territory. the fact hes been out almost 7 weeks and he couldnt even go a half should tell us something. hes just eating a roster spot at this point.

i cannot wait for james davis to come up.

I would LOVE to see someone step up.. but minus that one Torain run in the first Eagles game.. I havent seen ANYTHING from any of our backup RBs that make me feel comfortable going down the stretch without CP as our main guy...

Having that 1 roster spot freed up would be great but are we going to sign anyone to that spot that have anywhere near the impact that CP would have on the team even if he were to be only healthy for 2-3 games out of the remaining games this season... the answer is NO if you were wondering...

He sure looked good while it lasted, but just about everyone predicted he'd be out again before halftime.. He says he expects to be back next week, but from what Shanny said, I doubt he'll even be active.. If he does happen to play, and once again goes out before the game is over, I'd hope he would be IR'd so we can bring up somone else to give a look..

Archived