Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins have been terrible on MNF!

deenyce24

Exactly. I'm always shocked at how many fans love Skins playing on MNF. What is there to love?
I don't know. I think I remember Joe Gibbs' preference being Sunday Games at 1:00. When I think Redskins, that is what I think. I just seems to mess up the whole schedule for the team and sometimes under the lights, I think you get the egos that sometimes cannot cash the check. I am glad this is the last prime time game of the season. I think it is 1:00's from here on out.

Someone (think the poster has "Dirty 30" in the user name) talked in a recent post about how much of a supposed advantage the Skins have in night games at FedEx due to the crowd getting amped up, etc. To the best of my research, this is our record in night (8 pm or later starts) games at Landover since the joint opened:

Monday night: 1-9 :yikes: (the one win was against Dallas in the first ever night game there)

Sunday night: 2-4-1

Saturday night: 0-2

Thursday night: 2-0

We suck at home when the lights are on to start the game!!

Yea, they've typically just been bad in primetime, I wouldn't just put it on MFN. Although, this year, we beat Dallas, and put on a hell of a show vs Indy. The whole Pitt takeover a couple years ago, and the NY beatdown are in the past. For that matter, I'm SO glad our 2 NY games are just 1-oclock's, and not some big deal for the whole nation to feast on.

I feel fine about this game. I would assume Vick won't go down again, so it will be fun to watch LL DARE him to run downfield like that ;)

Monday night: 1-9 :yikes: (the one win was against Dallas in the first ever night game there)

Sunday night: 2-4-1

Saturday night: 0-2

Thursday night: 2-0

We suck at home when the lights are on to start the game!!

So, you expect to win more than 5 out of 21 home games in prime time?? I'm kidding...that is horrible!

We should schedule more home Thursday night games though. If Spurrier can win on Thursday night, anyone can!

I hate Monday Night games. I prefer the 1 PM Sunday games. I hate 4 PM games also.

How they hell did a 4-12 team get 3 primetime games anyway? And all at home.

1. TV ratings. All our opponents in those primetime games (Cow****s, Colts, Eagles) are big national draws

2. The schedule came out a couple weeks after the McNabb trade so maybe people thought we'd contend this year (we're not out of the running by a long shot)

I prefer Sunday afternoon games. 1 o'clock is my favorite, but I'll take 4 o'clock too.

Archived