Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins have been terrible on MNF!

deenyce24

The Washington Redskins are 2-10(Monday Night Miracle being one of the wins) since 2000 on Monday Night Football, but with that said i still think we pull this one out.

With that said I hope you pull it out because the Eagles are sittin' pretty in 2nd place. Now all you gotta do is beat NY for us and make their playoff run as difficult as possible... ;)

Yessir...with Landy making the clinching tackle on the Skins 2

If your referring to the game in 2008 when Landry hit Reggie Brown it wasn't a MNF game. The last time we won I believe was 2007 Week 2 against Philly when we were able to hold off the Eagles at the end

EDIT: oops just realized that did happen in 2007 with Landry my apologies

Wasn't that the same night when the Fat Andy went for the ice just before the half, and we ended up going for it, resulting in a TD to Cooley ?

Possibly, I don't remember the halftime break. I just remember the final play because it was Landry's "hello NFL, I'm going to be great" moment.

If your referring to the game in 2008 when Landry hit Reggie Brown it wasn't a MNF game. The last time we won I believe was 2007 Week 2 against Philly when we were able to hold off the Eagles at the end

No worries. I remember it distinctly because I went with a buddy to a Cinema Cafe to watch the game.

Possibly, I don't remember the halftime break. I just remember the final play because it was Landry's "hello NFL, I'm going to be great" moment.

I tried finding a pic of it, but could only find the one Dukes and Skins was talking about with Reggie Brown in the air, but I remember LL's stop on the 4 (I think), cause I remember LL down on his knees after the play, Game Over!

EDIT:: The cooley play was before the half in the monday night game. Fake field goal was a differnet game.

werent there two different games where landry had a game winning play. I remember landry and smoot making a play and then some other eagles game where landry had a game deflection or something.

Mike Shanahan has a record of 10 - 4 coming off the bye week. Everyone knows Reid is 12 - 0 coming off the bye, but probably didn't know he's 4 - 5 for the game after the game, following the bye week. (excluding playoff wins)*

*eagles had their bye week in week 16 in 99' and 00'. In 99' they won their last game which ended their season at 5 - 11. In 00' they won their last game, and then beat the bucs in the NFC Wild card game the following week (which would constitute as the game after the game, following the bye week).

Didn't we beat the Rams in St. Louis in 2000 on MNF? Jeff George's shining moment in a Redskin uniform...

So, that's at least:

Rams 2000

Cowboys 2005

Eagles 2007

All on the road...

Edit: Just realized that you wrote since (as in "not including") 2000.

Yea your right the redskins are 3-10 which is not that much better, but i missed that game.

We've sucked just about any time we've played on National TV.. But we still beat the Pukes this year.. These stats are (obviously) meaningless.. We could show up and blow em' off the field or sleep walk through the game and loose by 20.. Just never know with this team.. I think it's about time we blew someone out on MNF myself.. :point2sky

Rest assured, they will be building the drama all week, with Vick's return to the team that knocked him out, the Shanny/McNabb/Grossman fiasco, so it will be a good game.

I just hope McNabb comes out hitting on all cylinders, and they can get Armstrong, Cooley, Moss, and Davis involved alot. I have an uneasy feeling about Torrain, I don't think he will be a factor in the game, although I hope he steamrolls the Eagles.

Lets all hope that "MNF" doesn't stand for "McNabb ****up"...

Archived