Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zach Galifianakis smokes a joint on Bill Maher's show

WVUforREDSKINS

It's so simple

Legalize Marijuana and keep the rest banned

You won't get a ny argument from me on crack and heroin. They're addictive.

Marijuana is mislabeled as a "gateway drug" or "bad for you" or "unhealthy". There is no doubt cocaine and heroin are bad for you. There is doubt that marijuana is.

I base it on this: Answers.com

There are just 67 deaths by sharks in the whole world. Often the shark may see a flash of white (a person's leg or arm) and mistake it for a fish.

1 year: Note: there were 4,956 teen deaths involving motor vehicles).

10 people per year die from peanut allergies

2,000 children drown each year

Answer:

According to Drug War Facts, the answer is 0.

An exhaustive search of the literature finds no credible reports of deaths induced by marijuana. The US Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) records instances of drug mentions in medical examiners' reports, and though marijuana is mentioned, it is usually in combination with alcohol or other drugs. Marijuana alone has not been shown to cause an overdose death.

One in 25 deaths around the world is caused by alcohol consumption - (WHAT!!!!!!!!!) (time magazine)

Cigarettes cause more than one in five American deaths

Seems rather easy to figure out what should and should not be legal?

RIIIIGHTTT. Because no one has ever died doing anything while high on pot. Or, they can't prove that pot caused it. No link to lung cancer? There will be once the govt gets involved and regulates it and starts growing it using pesticides and contracting out to companies similar to Phillip Morris and Winston to mass produce it. And make it addictive. Where have we seen this pattern before? Oh right, tobacco.....

RIIIIGHTTT. Because no one has ever died doing anything while high on pot. Or, they can't prove that pot caused it. No link to lung cancer? There will be once the govt gets involved and regulates it and starts growing it using pesticides and contracting out to companies similar to Phillip Morris and Winston to mass produce it. And make it addictive. Where have we seen this pattern before? Oh right, tobacco.....

Okay, how about apples to apples: (Beer/cigs only) not whiskey/moonshine/dip/cigars

which one is by far safer. (apples to apples comparison).

And just because someone was driving 50 in a 55 on the highway does not mean Marijuana was the cause of the death ;).

And your saying tobacco wont kill you if you smoke it without it coming from Phillip Morris?

Okay, how about apples to apples: (Beer/cigs only) not whiskey/moonshine/dip/cigars

which one is by far safer. (apples to apples comparison).

And just because someone was driving 50 in a 55 on the highway does not mean Marijuana was the cause of the death ;).

And your saying tobacco wont kill you if you smoke it without it coming from Phillip Morris?

Ahhh, but if that same person had a .09 BAC it WAS the cause of the crash. Gotcha.

Show me the studies linking home grown tobacco to cancer....

Ahhh, but if that same person had a .09 BAC it WAS the cause of the crash. Gotcha.

Show me the studies linking home grown tobacco to cancer....

Says the guy that didn't link anything and just switched it around.. not your personal assistant: List 2000 deaths by Marijuana first.

that should be .07% of what killed a person from Alcohol or Cigs (NOT including behavior). just straight up death from usage.

You could say that about heroin and meth. Is it OK to do those?

yes its ok for somebody to do those, cause its HIS/HER body. if you kill somebody thats YOUR free will to do what yuo want. so why should it be illegal? if you wanna mess ya life up go head...shouldnt get locked up cause u wanna mess ya life up.

The only thing I agree with that is that athey shouldn't be thrown in jail, jails are overcrowded as is

Heroin and Cocaine are nasty, addictive substances and should remain illegal...but marijuana is HARMLESS

EXTREMELY HARMLESS

All you do is laugh all the time and get hungry, it hurts no one. Damn, just legalize it already

The government is involved, and they still can't relate marijuana to deaths caused by marijuana overdose.

Alcohol on the other hand can kill you on consumption alone. If you want to add deaths caused as result of alcohol intoxication, that number, which is already mind blowing, multiplies.

And one thing you're forgetting about marijuana is that while big companies like Phillip Morris will get involved, the average pot smoker, unlike the average cigarette addict, knows what his plant looks like. I wouldn't buy a pack of marijuana cigarettes if I cut one of them open and saw some suspicious herbs.

I'm strongly against marijuana and all forms of every drug. I don't even like legal drugs unless they're absolutely necessary. I probably take 5 ibuprofen a year. No alcohol at all. The only thing I would consider doing is dip, but that causes a lot of oral cancers.
Party Man!!!

now if only we could get rid of taxes on cigars and cigarettes.

Not sure on how this is related. If marijuana were to be legalized, it would and should be taxed just as cigars and cigarettes should be taxed. How does the argument for legalizing one thing lead you to believe it should result in not taxing another?

I commented on a post about "its his right to do to his body what he chooses".

And I added "now if only we could get rid of taxes on cigars and cigarettes."

It's about CHOICE.

There are ridiculous taxes attached to tobacco that in my opinion should be removed.

Are there huge taxes on junk food b/c of the later chances of bad health and obesity? no. At least, not yet.

Like I said, it's ridiculous.

Ban indoor smoking. Fine.

];7936290']The government is involved' date=' and they still can't relate marijuana to deaths caused by marijuana overdose.

Alcohol on the other hand can kill you on consumption alone. If you want to add deaths caused as result of alcohol intoxication, that number, which is already mind blowing, multiplies.

And one thing you're forgetting about marijuana is that while big companies like Phillip Morris will get involved, the average pot smoker, unlike the average cigarette addict, knows what his plant looks like. I wouldn't buy a pack of marijuana cigarettes if I cut one of them open and saw some suspicious herbs.[/quote']I am sure the people that grew their own tobacco and rolled their own cigs with it said the same thing. Generations later, well you know.

Says the guy that didn't link anything and just switched it around.. not your personal assistant: List 2000 deaths by Marijuana first.

that should be .07% of what killed a person from Alcohol or Cigs (NOT including behavior). just straight up death from usage.

Well, how long was tobacco smoked by natives without any real incidents of cancer? When did lung cancer begin to become an epidemic? It doesn't take much research to determine that.

Well, how long was tobacco smoked by natives without any real incidents of cancer? When did lung cancer begin to become an epidemic? It doesn't take much research to determine that.

Native Americans probably weren't standing outside of their wigwams taking 15 minute smoke breaks though.

And a lot of them probably died of terrible diseases and other things before any signs of lung cancer could really manifest (and that's IF they were using any tobacco commonly, rather than just for some ceremonial purposes).

Doesn't moderation and overall usage of the product play a role in this?

I'm just playing devil's advocate. I'm strongly against marijuana and all forms of every drug. I don't even like legal drugs unless they're absolutely necessary. I probably take 5 ibuprofen a year. No alcohol at all. The only thing I would consider doing is dip, but that causes a lot of oral cancers.

I'm curious as to why you're strongly against pot, you don't drink any alcohol at all, but you would consider dipping.

Which (besides the wreck it turns your mouth into) is arguably the biggest pain in the ass to do (have to carry a can or pouch around as well as something to repeatedly spit in, unless you want to walk around spitting on the ground), makes you look the silliest with a big lump in your lower lip, and is the biggest turn off in general to women out of all of those choices.

If you spend a lot of your time in a tree stand in the woods hunting, maybe dip is understandable. Otherwise I can't fathom how you'd even consider it, let alone consider it but not consider drinking or smoking.

Archived