Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

See What A Big Receiver Can Do?

kingdaddy

3 TD's for Calvin Johnson from a 2nd year QB who was playing his first game after being injured for several weeks. Getting a big receiver has to be a priority for the Redskins this offseason. I'm not suggesting they should have signed him but T.O. would look pretty good in B&G right now.

3 TD's for Calvin Johnson from a 2nd year QB who was playing his first game after being injured for several weeks. Getting a big receiver has to be a priority for the Redskins this offseason. I'm not suggesting they should have signed him but T.O. would look pretty good in B&G right now.

I would love to go back and see what you said about T.O. coming to the Redskins when he was a free agent, however I have work to do. I am not sure a big receiving target is our problem though. HTTR

Offensive line. It's not as shiny as a 6'5, jumps out of the building, runs like a gazelle, hands like pillows stud WR, but without an O line he's useless.

The Lions protection did a great job at stonewalling our front pass rush. They did what we needed to do... protect the QB, and apply pressure to the QB without blitzing heavy.

Boldin was out there. Why didn't we go after him?

That's an excellent question... we need a big guy who can run a slant so DMac can get the ball out quick. I still think getting rid of Thomas has a bad move - he could've at least filled that role. I'm not saying he's Jerry Rice, but you can't tell me he can't run a freakin' slant pattern.

Well, it certainly helps if your offensive line gives your quarterback enough time to get the ball to him. Currently, our line doesn't do that. We have MUCH BIGGER problems than not having a tall receiver.

We need o-line bad. Then playmakers. We cant do anything with the line we have.

havent we tried that before? not addressing our O Line and taking 3 BIG receivers (or 2 and a tight end... call it what you want but its 3 big targets) in the second round that year... I just hope we dont spiral downward after the bye. Hopefully McNabb can play better and rabach needs to learn how to not step on his foot twice in 10 plays. I would love to see some centers be brought in for competition.

I love how SIMPLE it all is. Just get a big, talented WR and it's the difference maker. Why didn't we think of that before??? Please don't miss the sarcasm.

But exactly what difference has he made? He caught 3 TDs in a game that was in the balance with 2 min left. If WE had better players, his big day would've been moot. Taking the longer view, this big talented wideout has led Detroit to exactly how many playoff appearances?

We tried that with Brandon Llyod and the 2nd round picks. Just because your tall does not mean you are a great football player. We passed on players like Deshawn Jackson and Eddie Royal in the draft because they were not the tallest at their position. I rather have production that height.

Offensive line. It's not as shiny as a 6'5, jumps out of the building, runs like a gazelle, hands like pillows stud WR, but without an O line he's useless.

:applause: +1

I would love to have both, but we don't and the O line needs to be addressed first.

I dont know about having a big receiver. I see what having sorry cornerbacks can do for you.

I'm happy with our corners. D Hall has played well with 6 INTs and Rogers has good cover skills, just made one mistake turning the wrong way on the go ahead TD. This is the last place we need to adjust. I would say our Secondary is the best part of our team.

You need a big receiver on those days when our QB is under fire, and we dont have time for our tiny speedy WR to get open deep. A guy you can throw the slant to without worrying about the MLB taking his head off. Oh and you need a big WR for the endzone, for 2 pt conversions, goal to go situations. Our tiny WR's are more likely to score from 20 yds out than 2 yds out.

"Going three wide with Galloway" has become comical. Targeted 4 times, 1 catch, 2 yds. His supporters tell you he practices well and stretches the field for Moss and AA. I happen to think those two practice and stretch the field just fine without him, thank you.

Really. Thomas couldnt bring that additionaly dimension to our team, a WR with size?? The Shanny's are learning defensive lines are dominating our O line and our tiny WR's fail when that happens. We need a big target for the short passing game, and have for about 15 years now. The deep ball offense we have cant complete short passes consistently. We need to run inside the 10 yd line much much more. D's go tight man on the TE and we are screwed.

Well, it certainly helps if your offensive line gives your quarterback enough time to get the ball to him. Currently, our line doesn't do that. We have MUCH BIGGER problems than not having a tall receiver.

My point is that a tall receiver helps cover up some problem areas. So far this year we've been toasted by Andre and Calvin Johnson and Pierre Garcon. There's no doubt we have O-line issues but the need for a tall, strong WR needs to be addressed thru free agency....

EVERY team wants a 6'5", 230# receiver that can run a sub 4.4 40yd dash. Unfortunately there aren't many available.

Pretty much. This guy was taken with the #1 pick in the draft.

Getting a "big WR" isn't the answer, getting an extremely talented WR is the answer, and you kinda have to get a little lucky with that.

There was only 1 play that Calvin's size came into play. The 4 yard pass that he beasted through Hall's tackle and lunged for the endzone. That was strength.

Calvin is a great WR generally speaking but (yesterday) if he were 6ft instead of 6'5, he gets the same results because of Detroit's o-line & his skill at the position.

Stafford's and CJ's success didn't come from CJ being big. It came from the offensive line giving him enough time to throw the ball to his weapon.

One of the TD's was a rocket fired low to the ground....

The other one, Rogers didnt get his head around quick enough and it landed in CJ's lap

Archived