Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6 Wins for the playoffs

USS Redskins

Looking at our record and looking at our schedule . . . . the Rams & Houston games are going to absolutely haunt us. Had we just won 1 of the damn games we would be sitting pretty and I think looking at 10 wins and a possible NFC championship game. I have this horrible feeling we will be taking about those games after the season and saying "what could have been. . . . . . " I hope I am wrong.

If we want to to go to the playoffs in our current position I think we must beat the Eagles at home, Giants at home and the Cowboys away.

I would not look past Detroit people!

Look what happened last year. Detroit can do some damage offensively, and this is a second straight road game.

This coming week is a classic trap game. Team will still be basking in Hall's 4 picks, and AH's strong game.

History has shown that we play to the level of our competition. every game could go either way.

exactly also anyone thing ndamkong suh is not going to give rabach fits and the interior line is kidding themselves

I just love when Redskin fans count unhatched chickens.:doh:

(No offense.)

Exactly. To make the full prediction like that, then say that a loss to Detroit means the season is over is just being a mind reader...

I think it's clear we can't know what to expect outta Washington this year, but the potential for playoffs is certainly there.

Yea but if you listen to the media, we shouldn't even show up for our 2 games because the Giants are the best in the NFC! :ols:

Agreed. I think when we play the Giants we should start the second/third string QB

Makes sense. Given the rate that NY is knocking out QB's we protect McNabb.

Write it off, keep McNabb healthy, give our backup QB's some practice time.

Explain what you mean by this.

Perfect was probably the wrong word, but I'm sure he means we're just playing them late FOR ONCE. Because really, this isn't the first year we've been 'rebuilding', the last 2 years were the same. The Giants have been established, and taken us out early while we're still 'warming up'. Playing them late just seems like a good thing.

Agreed. I think when we play the Giants we should start the second/third string QB

Makes sense. Given the rate that NY is knocking out QB's we protect McNabb.

Write it off, keep McNabb healthy, give our backup QB's some practice time.

"write off" a loss

right...

Perfect was probably the wrong word, but I'm sure he means we're just playing them late FOR ONCE. Because really, this isn't the first year we've been 'rebuilding', the last 2 years were the same. The Giants have been established, and taken us out early while we're still 'warming up'. Playing them late just seems like a good thing.

Oh, I see what you mean. At this rate too, they might have little-to-nothing to play for on January 2.

Actually, at this point, the only thing that guarantees a playoff spot is to win 7 more. If this includes a sweep of the Giants, this would get us the division.

I want the division. Shanahan's Redskins should play the Giant tough. The Giants don't look unbeatable at all. They made allot of mistakes last night. Hakeem Nicks & company will take some real punishment from our secondary. Its good to be a good game.

Speaking of the Giants.....not saying they are invincible, but not only do they have good lines on both sides of the ball, but here were some of the skill folks they have recently drafted.....

Smith, 51st overall, 2nd round 2007

Boss, 153rd overall, 5th round 2007

Manningham, 95th overall, 3rd round 2008

Nicks, 29th overall, 1st round 2009

If looking at that doesn't make you hate Vinny Cerrato even more, I don't know what would.

I'm noticing alot of people counting the titans game as a loss and us losing to the giants. I actually think we will beat the titans because Haynesworth will be hyped for that game along with our defense. I think we will beat the giants as well. People forget that the giants struggled against the bears at home even with Cutler out of the game. It was 3-0 at halftime and 10-3 in the 4th quarter. So the giants played the bears close just like us, and we were on the road! I think Shanahan has prepared this team to beat the NFC East, so just as long as we stay consistent against other teams we will be playoff bound. The difference between years past and this year's team is the fact that we have a leader at QB who will always keep us in games,even the ones we would traditional lose.

After the bye we get on a roll. 11-5 baby! :point2sky

Archived