Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6 Wins for the playoffs

USS Redskins

What record do you think will give you a first round bye in the nfc? As of right now it belongs to the Falcons and Giants both at 5-2, and i don't see anyone from the nfc west taking one of those spots. The packers could potentially get hot but even if they do we still have the tiebreaker over them. Obviously way to early to tell but at this rate but i don't see any 12-13 win teams in the nfc right now, with that said if we can win the division with a solid 10 win season (hopefully better who knows) we may give ourselves a chance to get a first round bye. I know this is all speculation this early in the season but i can't help to be optimistic with the way the nfc has shaped up thus far

I just love when Redskin fans count unhatched chickens.:doh:

(No offense.)

Well, I hate it because it is the sure fired way to jinx them. If anybody is offended by this then I offer my sincere must heartfelt "I Don't Give A Crap"

It's senseless to predict the last four games. For instance, the OP predicts a loss to the Giants, even though they might have everything locked-up by then and be resting their starters.

I think it would be absolutely huge if we could win the next two, which would get us to 6-3 and 6-1 in the NFC, not to mention 3-0 in the division w/ a sweep over the Eagles.

After that, 3-4 the rest of the way would probably be enough to grab a WC in the NFC.

Win the next two and we're sitting VERY pretty.

I just love when Redskin fans count unhatched chickens.:doh:

(No offense.)

That does seem to be a fatal flaw doesnt it.. lol But what are fans to do in the offtime between games but dream.. ;) I still think I'll take it one game at a time and be happy if we just get to 8-8 this year.. If we do better, great! If not, well, not so great but hopefully better than last year.. :point2sky

10/31 at Detroit

11/7 BYE

11/15 Eagles

11/21 at Tennessee

11/28 Vikings

12/5 at NY Giants

12/12 Tampa Bay

12/19 at Dallas

12/26 at Jacksonville

1/2 NY Giants

Except the Giants road game, all those games are games we can win. The thing is, with the 2010 Redskins; you aren't sure if the team will be able to do it. We could easily blow out the Lions this week but then in 2 weeks get blown out by Eagles. We'll just have to take it week by week.

The season is only half way done so of course it's way too early but right now

East: New York Giants

South: Atlanta Falcons

West: Seattle Seahawks

North: Chicago Bears

WC1: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

WC2: Washington Redskins

New Orleans Saints

Green Bay Packers

Philadelphia Eagles

We are either competing with the Giants for the east or have to have a better record than Bucs, Saints, Packers, Eagles

I would so rather have the division, feels like the Giants have killed our hopes for success more than once in recent years.

3-9 against them since 2004 (2004 I feel is when Dan Snyder was actually starting to really realize that changes needed to be made so I see the current Redskins as before 2004 and after 2004)

Listen to you all trying to play it safe in here. Shame on you (j/k)

At least we know we can score points but the consistency hasn't been there. That is fixable.

last year we were at 16.6 ppg, this year its 18.6....where are we scoring points? Yea the team looks a lot better this year in general as a team. But...in reality our offense does not look better, they just have a bit more spark. The only reason our record is better is we are stopping teams from scoring in the redzone even though they are averaging 400+ ypg on us. Heck, against the Bears we had 6 takeaways. Guess how many points the offense scored off of those....0

Dont get me wrong, I love this team to death but I haven't seen anything that makes me scream playoffs yet....at this point im thinking we are a 9-7 team that might get lucky in a weak NFC to sneak into the playoffs

last year we were at 16.6 ppg, this year its 18.6....where are we scoring points? Yea the team looks a lot better this year in general as a team. But...in reality our offense does not look better, they just have a bit more spark. The only reason our record is better is we are stopping teams from scoring in the redzone even though they are averaging 400+ ypg on us. Heck, against the Bears we had 6 takeaways. Guess how many points the offense scored off of those....0

Dont get me wrong, I love this team to death but I haven't seen anything that makes me scream playoffs yet....at this point im thinking we are a 9-7 team that might get lucky in a weak NFC to sneak into the playoffs

Wow. It is crazy to see that we didn't score any points off of those turnovers, especially when we got the ball at the 10 yard line on one of those. Ridiculous.

Archived