Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6 Wins for the playoffs

USS Redskins

Jim Zorn & Greg Blache are gone baby. You gotta be more confident its going to be a slobber knocker. You want to know why I'm not scared of Detroit....

This redskins team is tough. They hit you in the mouth and flex after (landry) I haven't seen this type of football in DC in my 22 years of being a fan. I pray Detroit comes out throwing and I also pray for their O-linemen (HAYNESWORTH) & their WR's & TE's (LANDRY)

Ummm really? capital punishment - does that defense ring any bells? 1991

9 wins will be enough for the playoffs in the NFC this year.

We need to beat Detroit and go 4-4 after the bye.

Detroit is an absolutely monster game for us.

You mean 5-3 at the bye

We are not going to loose to the Lions. This team hasn't responded to much the last 10 years (Coach Gibbs & Coach Williams being the obvious exceptions) but they seem to be responding to Coach Shanahan well. There is no way Coach doesn't prepare us for this game coming out of the St.Louis debacle last month.

I can't wait to see who the D lays out this weekend.

Hail!

As I said earlier I'm kind of glad things happened the way they did early on. We can use those losses as stepping stones. Now we are up against a Detroit team that still sucks but can beat anybody on any given Sunday.

I'm putting my faith in DC baby. We are going to make the adjustments to beat the Lions. This isn't Zorn and it isn't Gibbs II. It mirrors Gibbs II but I think we are more disciplined under Shanny and we generate more turnovers under Haslett.

Detroit is going to come out throwing and they will be in for a rude awakening.

Washington 28

Detroit 20

Believe me, I don't think this is a hopeless situation. I think we can line up and beat the Lions, I just don't believe it'll be easy. We tend to struggle with explosive offenses. My hope is that Stafford is a bit rusty and we can knock him around and take the ball from them. I'd love to see any win (especially a 28-20 win as you predict!). If we get to the bye 5-3 (5-1 in the conference), I think we're in great shape for a second-half run.

If we can take care of business against detroit sunday, enter the bye week 5-3 i like our chances. Having the extra week to prepare for the Eagles at home shouldn't hurt Shanahan, we'll see what we're made of come monday night. Obviously not gonna count our chickens before they hatch but i'll say if we can win those next 2 i definitely like our chances in this nfc

Quote:

I'm sorry but how the hell do you figure that all is lost if they lose to the Lions? WTF?

It's a joke the way Skins fans are... we are all excited after a win against the Bears and I start a thread about the playoffs.

If they lose next week to Detroit - someone (possibly myself) will start a thread talking doomsday.

I'm sorry but how the hell do you figure that all is lost if they lose to the Lions? WTF?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas' sig line quotes Al Bundy: "If you lose to the Rams, they kick you out of the league." That's just a threat. But if you lose to both the Rams AND the Lions in the same season, they actually do kick you out! :)

The Redskins were a tough team in week 3 when the Rams dominated us from the first snap of the game. I don't think we have to "look past" Detroit in order to lose this game. The Lions are much better than they were last year and have been in every single game. I am actually more worried about Detroit than I was the Bears and we narrowly escaped Chicago with a W. I hope we find an offensive rhythm and figure out a way to put some points on the board, because we'll need at least 24 to win this game (probably more).

Are the Lions tougher than the Colts?

6 more wins should guarantee a playoff spot. Catching the Giants will be tough, they get the Cowboys again without Romo sits to pee in 3 weeks.

The defense will stay what it has been, a hard hitting unit that gets turnovers, but also surrenders yards. Still barring injury the defense is good enough to get us the 6 wins.

The offense?? Who the heck knows? What was supposed to be the weakness has actually been pretty good (OL), while the QB has been anything but strong. He makes just enough plays to keep us in games, but is too inconsistent and too many stupid decisions or poorly throw balls. WR has been what we expected (not much) while Torain has been a surprise and Cooley good as usual.

Therefore the fate of the season rests on the shoulders of McNabb's play. If he gets more comfortable in the offense and does well we go, if not we sink to 7-9 and out of the picture.

6 more wins should guarantee a playoff spot. Catching the Giants will be tough, they get the Cowboys again without Romo sits to pee in 3 weeks.

Yes but look what happens to every team we play? Dont count on Manning being able to walk after we play them...anything can happen...especially to the other team's star players. We've definitely shown that.

Are the Lions tougher than the Colts?

I doubt it. But I don't understand the relevance of the question.

If you're trying to imply that we almost beat the Colts with 24 points (losing 27-24), I would contend that they left some points on the field and we were playing at home. I don't think it's ridiculous to think that we might need 24 points to win on the road in Detroit. That's essentially saying that the Lions can score 3 TDs against us (which I believe they can).

Brandon Lloyd Christmas' sig line quotes Al Bundy: "If you lose to the Rams, they kick you out of the league." That's just a threat. But if you lose to both the Rams AND the Lions in the same season, they actually do kick you out! :)

ROFL - losing to those teams would be god awful but I think they could recover from it. This team seems to fall flat on their faces when they are suppose to win and comes out gun blazing when they are suppose to lose. For the record I bet they lose this game.

Archived