Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD - Redskins vs. colts - Let's Corral Them Phonies - with chat link

zCommander

Im gonna hold out hope that it was AH's idea to sit out.. But if it's more MS "conditioning" crap, Im gonna be dissapointed, to say the least..

I highly doubt it's anything like the conditioning it's just going to be he wasn't prepared to play he didn't practice all week( understandable given the circumstances and the tragedy) but at the same time while he missed for a reason if he's not here to practice and learn the whole game plan then you don't play him

http://www.snfallaccess.com/2010/10/haynesworth-wouldve-loved-to-play-tonight/

Albert Haynesworth told me when he arrived at the stadium today and went into the locker room his uniform was packed away in his bag – a sign that he wouldn’t be active for tonight’s game. By 6:30pm he was already up in the suite where he will be watching the game.

Haynesworth told me he would’ve “loved to play” against the Colts and he didn’t think conditioning or mental readiness were issues.

In fact, he told me playing would help the team as well as himself. He said, “football is my escape from life” and from any issues off the field (he’s still mourning the sudden death of his 23 year old half brother Lance McCoy). As for helping the team, he said after seven years with the Titans in the same division as Indy, he thinks he knows the Colts better than the Redskins coaches do. He said he knows Peyton Manning’s snap count and his audibles. But he said from the time he returned to the Redskins on Thursday, after six days away, he wasn’t used in any defensive packages or game planning, just scout team – so he figured he wasn’t going to play tonight even back then.

The team had him run extra sprints Saturday and even this morning. Haynesworth said he thought he could still be moved by Tuesday’s trade deadline and reiterated to me that he does not fit this defensive scheme but understands they have a lot of money invested in him.

Speaking of the trade deadline, multiple sources have confirmed the Titans interest in Haynesworth but Tennessee only wants to give up a fourth round draft pick while the Redskins are looking to get a second round pick.

Redskins Executive Vice President/General Manager Bruce Allen told me Haynesworth is out tonight because he was gone for a week. Allen said the Redskins have never talked about trading Haynesworth and still are not. I asked him if Haynesworth will still be a member of the Redskins after the trading deadline and he said, “yes, he will still be a member of the Redskins”

I highly doubt it's anything like the conditioning it's just going to be he wasn't prepared to play he didn't practice all week( understandable given the circumstances and the tragedy) but at the same time while he missed for a reason if he's not here to practice and learn the whole game plan then you don't play him

That sounds good on the surface.. But he was back for Thurs, Fri and Sat walkthroughs.. He might not be 100% on the gameplan, but I bet he's not lost enough to be deactive.. Nickle situations alone would be worth him being on the field.. :(

again the only thing I can see is that they feel that Lichtensteiger can do the job and that there are guys backing him up who will do the job just as well. I think the team just doesn't like Dockery as a ZBS LG

Hmm, I suppose they have guys they need in the game more.

I wonder if they're going to trade him or something though, if he's this much of a non factor.

Haynesworth told me he would’ve “loved to play” against the Colts and he didn’t think conditioning or mental readiness were issues.

In fact, he told me playing would help the team as well as himself. He said, “football is my escape from life” and from any issues off the field (he’s still mourning the sudden death of his 23 year old half brother Lance McCoy). As for helping the team, he said after seven years with the Titans in the same division as Indy, he thinks he knows the Colts better than the Redskins coaches do. He said he knows Peyton Manning’s snap count and his audibles. But he said from the time he returned to the Redskins on Thursday, after six days away, he wasn’t used in any defensive packages or game planning, just scout team – so he figured he wasn’t going to play tonight even back then.

The team had him run extra sprints Saturday and even this morning. Haynesworth said he thought he could still be moved by Tuesday’s trade deadline and reiterated to me that he does not fit this defensive scheme but understands they have a lot of money invested in him.

Speaking of the trade deadline, multiple sources have confirmed the Titans interest in Haynesworth but Tennessee only wants to give up a fourth round draft pick while the Redskins are looking to get a second round pick.

Hmmm. I know TK said no trade with him.

This is a little depressing though.

Haynesworth told me he would’ve “loved to play” against the Colts and he didn’t think conditioning or mental readiness were issues. As for helping the team, he said after seven years with the Titans in the same division as Indy, he thinks he knows the Colts better than the Redskins coaches do. He said he knows Peyton Manning’s snap count and his audibles. But he said from the time he returned to the Redskins on Thursday, after six days away, he wasn’t used in any defensive packages or game planning, just scout team – so he figured he wasn’t going to play tonight even back then.

Well, guess that sums it up.. I really wish they'd just trade him for whatever they can get.. Shanny's scared to death he might actually blow up a team and get a foot hold here in DC it appears.. Just move the man, so I can stop questioning MS's mental capacity.. Shanny does a bunch of stuff I love, then turns around and rattles my faith in his ability to tie his own shoes.. Oh well, it is what it is.. I hope we dont miss AH tonight!! HAIL! :point2sky

Archived