Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD - Redskins vs. colts - Let's Corral Them Phonies - with chat link

zCommander

You realize that the actual record is more important than the conference record, right? 5-1 means diddly poop if the wild card teams have a couple more wins period.

Yes, I realize that.

I also realize that it's only week 6 of the NFL season and that a team that's 5-3 and 5-1 in the NFC is in very good position and that it's really nothing to be a game back in week 6, esp, when you have a 2-0 record in the division and the others teams have tough games next week.

And everyone thought we'd be 1-5 at the bye. I really am not upset

I am upset because if we're good enough to have made it out of that hell storm with a 3-3 record, we could have won just one more of those games but our fundamentals break down unnecessarily. It's frustrating because we could have won that game. It's not like we were done in the 1st quarter.

1) We could have won this game

2) We could have been blown out

3) We kept fighting and found a bit of a running game

4) We are making progress. You can just feel it.

I wish we could have pulled it out. And I know we dont win games by what I am about to say.... but I am proud of them. And it has been a long time since I felt that way.

We are moving in the right direction.

ugh, really wasn't impressed with the play calling. 3rd and 1 running a dtretch? i just don't get it. i mean it wasn't a horrible effort, but it just sucks watching them lose on calls that I feel are poorly made. yup just feeling the post game sadness.,

Yea, we lost to a good Colts team, but a team that was beatable, IF:

1]Rogers would learn how to catch, and stop rubbing off on the safeties

2] on 4th & 10, throw to get the 1st down instead of trying to be a hero, but I'm curious if that fault lies with Shanny's evolved sperm cell Kyle

3] we actually have a defense that can hold ANY team under 500 yds of offense per game! Haslett is trying to be an electrician with a plumbers knowledge, and IMO is way out of his league on being DC; its only by the sheer athleticism of the players that we're in the position we're in today.

Face it; McNabb is a huge upgrade over the wad we had for QB last year, and every one of you know we would have been 0-6 or 1-5 at best with him.

I'll hold my head up high tomorrow, how about you?

I'm proud of this team. To be sure, there were some things we could've done better this game, and there's obviously room for improvement,. but we hung tough with this team, and we had DBs that could hang on to INTs, this is a victory.

If , If the Colts don't give up 4 turnovers and miss 2 field goals its a rout, the skins did good to keep this one close.

1) We could have won this game

2) We could have been blown out

3) We kept fighting and found a bit of a running game

4) We are making progress. You can just feel it.

I wish we could have pulled it out. And I know we dont win games by what I am about to say.... but I am proud of them. And it has been a long time since I felt that way.

We are moving in the right direction.

Archived