Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor: Cowboys Tony Romo on par with Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers

manny891

On Romo sits to pee's release:

From here.

Collinsworth also had a segment about it on Sunday Night Football, broke it down frame by frame. Romo sits to pee beat Marino's release by a few fractions of a second. Not much, but there ya go.

Both are fast times, but what film did they use, and how many plays did they time to find an average? Or are we talking about a single throw here? Release times vary a great deal based on the situation.

Hey, if the Mods on here want to ban me because they think I'm a banned poster using a different user ID then let them. They'll be banning someone for the wrong reason, but what the hey. I've not attacked anyone here, tried to enter into discussions that are actually related to football, and not broken any of your board's rules. If they want me gone for that, then so be it. It has become fairly obvious that you don't like posting with rival fans, especially Dallas fans. Absolutely everythins posted about the Cowboys is negative and anytime someone calls one of you on it, they get blasted for something or another. I don't get that line of thinking, but if that's the way it is, I'm fine with it. I understand this is a Redskins board and there is going to be a bias. There is on every board. However, you shouldn't think that rival fans are going to just fall into line with some of the erroenous stuff posted here. Like I said in another thread, 99% of stuff posted on every board is opinion. Doesn't mean they're right or wrong, but everyone should be entitled to their own.

You answered your own question, you're on a skins message board. It's not that you may or may not have broken any rules, it's because you're a puke fan, please read the following thread if you have not already....it's full of useful advice for you:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?203223-****-the-Cowboys

So much wisdom packed into only 26 years. LOL I remember when I had my first beer.

Really? This is it? You act like a 4 y/o and after getting called out for sounding like an idiot, you go after my age? Maybe if I was 26 from Bowling Green, KY (see how I did that?) you could assume that I hadn't passed 8th grade, and pull some kind of age card. Unfortunately for you, I'm not, and you're still an idiot.

I'd take Rodgers over Romo sits to pee because he's tougher and more talented, plain and simple. Not to mention he's several years younger. It's not that difficult a choice really. Rodgers plays through injuries and doesn't miss time. Romo sits to pee breaks a pinky and is out for a month.

This, Romo sits to pee is a big baby, and folds under pressure, Rodgers does not.

On Romo sits to pee's release:

From here.

Collinsworth also had a segment about it on Sunday Night Football, broke it down frame by frame. Romo sits to pee beat Marino's release by a few fractions of a second. Not much, but there ya go.

Fine he has a fast release...he still sucks :)

If everyone should be entitled to their own opinion, then why do you feel the need to insist that anyone who ISN'T saying that Romo sits to pee is better than Rodgers is not only wrong, but not being rational/unbiased/whatever?

I may hate the Cowboys, but I have plenty of respect for the talents of some of their players. In fact, many of them. In an unbiased way, as well.

And I'd still take Rodgers over Romo sits to pee, and not just because of age. That's my unbiased opinion, that you believe I have the right to.

But I bet you'll be a hypocrite and either tell me I'm wrong, or there's no way I can have this opinion if I'm REALLY unbiased :doh:

Well, that's the deal. I've never told anybody they were wrong for thinking that. I also never said I thought Romo sits to pee was better. I said I didn't think there was much difference between the two at all. I merely used some stats, etc. in rebuttal to one poster that said Rodgers was "head and shoulders" better than Romo sits to pee. That's a ridiculous statements and I posted the reasons I thought so. That's it. I don't care who thinks Rodgers is better. It's a moot point. I just think Rodgers gets so much praise for not doing much. He's done the same thing Romo sits to pee has (puts up great stats), but he seems to get a pass for not winning in the playoffs whereas Romo sits to pee got killed for it. Double standard IMO.

I'd take Rodgers over Romo sits to pee because he's tougher and more talented, plain and simple. Not to mention he's several years younger. It's not that difficult a choice really. Rodgers plays through injuries and doesn't miss time. Romo sits to pee breaks a pinky and is out for a month.

You don't think a broken finger on a QB's throwing hand is an issue? Really? OK, whatever. And he only missed two or three games and those are the only games he's missed since becoming the starter.

Donovan has never had the talent around him that Romo sits to pee does.

But wait, the resident football experts on this board say Dallas doesn't have any talent. They say every player we have is overrated?? They say our Oline is terrible (can't argue with that) and our receivers and backs are overrated. Same with our defense. Where is all this talent you speak of? Careful or you'll fuel the ire of your peers on here.

But wait, the resident football experts on this board say Dallas doesn't have any talent. They say every player we have is overrated?? They say our Oline is terrible (can't argue with that) and our receivers and backs are overrated. Same with our defense. Where is all this talent you speak of? Careful or you'll fuel the ire of your peers on here.

I can't believe you came back after that last beatdown you took...

They all still suck. Just that Philly's talent sucked more. Hope that clears it up for you.

Hey, if we're talking about having brown hair, then yes, Tony Romo sits to pee IS on par with Rivers and Rodgers. If we're talking about football talent, then no, Romo sits to pee is lacking. If we're talking about the ability to play big in important games and not choke like crazy, than Romo sits to pee couldn't lick the **** off of either of those guy's *****, because he doesn't even come close to that level.

Rodgers is constantly great with pressure and being the focal point of their offense, he was sacked more than any QB last season, yet had top 5 stats. Rivers has been a sniff away from the Super Bowl and constantly pulls wins out of his *** when his team is slowly getting worse around him.

Romo sits to pee couldn't do either of those things on his best day, he can't even handle a snap on a sure field goal if the game is on the line, too much pressure for him. He can't even handle playing in front of his girlfriend, too much pressure for him. He's pretty much paper mache emotionally. Dallas has one of the top defenses in the league, yet he can't even manage them to the big game. He's a loser, he'll always be a loser, and anyone believing that he's going to take Dallas anywhere but down is setting themselves up for disappointment. Your hero is a wilting lily that can't take a hit and should be playing ultimate frisbee instead.

Hey, if we're talking about having brown hair, then yes, Tony Romo sits to pee IS on par with Rivers and Rodgers. If we're talking about football talent, then no, Romo sits to pee is lacking. If we're talking about the ability to play big in important games and not choke like crazy, than Romo sits to pee couldn't lick the **** off of either of those guy's *****, because he doesn't even come close to that level.

Rodgers is constantly great with pressure and being the focal point of their offense, he was sacked more than any QB last season, yet had top 5 stats. Rivers has been a sniff away from the Super Bowl and constantly pulls wins out of his *** when his team is slowly getting worse around him.

Romo sits to pee couldn't do either of those things on his best day, he can't even handle a snap on a sure field goal if the game is on the line, too much pressure for him. He can't even handle playing in front of his girlfriend, too much pressure for him. He's pretty much paper mache emotionally. Dallas has one of the top defenses in the league, yet he can't even manage them to the big game. He's a loser, he'll always be a loser, and anyone believing that he's going to take Dallas anywhere but down is setting themselves up for disappointment. Your hero is a wilting lily that can't take a hit and should be playing ultimate frisbee instead.

And those great QB's that you speak of... which one of them have won a Super Bowl, let alone reach it? That's what I thought.

And those great QB's that you speak of... which one of them have won a Super Bowl, let alone reach it? That's what I thought.
So Romo sits to pee would be fit to hold Dan Marino's jockstrap? No? Didn't think so.

Romo sits to pee's got great stats, but he's never carried his team like Rodgers and Rivers, you know really good QBs do.

I just think Rodgers gets so much praise for not doing much. He's done the same thing Romo sits to pee has (puts up great stats), but he seems to get a pass for not winning in the playoffs whereas Romo sits to pee got killed for it. Double standard IMO.

To be fair, Rodgers has done not much is less time than it's taken Romo sits to pee to do not much.

At 30 I don't think Romo sits to pee's going to get any better.

At 27 I think Rodgers could.

So I'd take Rodgers.

As an aside, I'd like to note just how amazing it is how much positive press the Cowboys can generate during a bye week. They've somehow managed to parlay that into retaining their station as the Darlings of September even though they only won one game. That's quite the impressive spell they put over their minions. Impressive indeed.

Now, let's start another thread about how amazing someone else on the Cowboys is!

To be fair, Rodgers has done not much is less time than it's taken Romo sits to pee to do not much.

At 30 I don't think Romo sits to pee's going to get any better.

At 27 I think Rodgers could.

So I'd take Rodgers.

As an aside, I'd like to note just how amazing it is how much positive press the Cowboys can generate during a bye week. They've somehow managed to parlay that into retaining their station as the Darlings of September even though they only won one game. That's quite the impressive spell they put over their minions. Impressive indeed.

Now, let's start another thread about how amazing someone else on the Cowboys is!

Puke fans thrive on bye weeks.

It's all they have.

If you would be honest, every one of you guys would take Romo sits to pee in a heartbeat. I know it, and you know it, but I also know you'll never admit it. Some of you guys were actually posting that Campbell was better than Romo sits to pee. I always got a chuckle out of that one.
Romo sits to pee is the worst and least accomplished starting QB in the division. This year not only has his team been horrible and in last place, but Romo sits to pee also trails all the other NFCE QB's in y/att. He's got 1 playoff win in 8 seasons, is a crappy leader, and is now even starting to lag behind the rest of the division QB's in statistical categories as well. Why would any of us want him on our team?

Rodgers had a game-ending fumble returned for a TD in overtime against Arizona in the playoffs last year. And he took so many sacks in 2009 because he often held the ball for way too long. He made his offensive line look worse than what they were. At this point I don't see much difference between him and Tony Romo sits to pee. They've both put up big stats without much to show for it. Rodgers may change that someday. But if producing a bunch of stats meant a player was going to be a great QB, then I would think guys like Carson Palmer and Tony Romo sits to pee would have had a lot more success by now.

Romo sits to pee is the worst and least accomplished starting QB in the division. This year not only has his team been horrible and in last place, but Romo sits to pee also trails all the other NFCE QB's in y/att. He's got 1 playoff win in 8 seasons, is a crappy leader, and is now even starting to lag behind the rest of the division QB's in statistical categories as well. Why would any of us want him on our team?

It's convenient you chose one stat to highlight Romo sits to pee's inferior play.

So, if Yds/Att is such an indicator of great QB play than Romo sits to pee is one of the all-time greats.

He is #4 ALL-TIME in Yds/Att He has the highest of anyone that has played in the last 50 years.!!

Romo sits to pee leads the NFCE QB's in Comp. %, YPG and 2nd to Vick in rating. I guess he is falling like a rock behind the rest of the division.

It's convenient you chose one stat to highlight Romo sits to pee's inferior play.

So, if Yds/Att is such an indicator of great QB play than Romo sits to pee is one of the all-time greats.

He is #4 ALL-TIME in Yds/Att He has the highest of anyone that has played in the last 50 years.!!

Romo sits to pee leads the NFCE QB's in Comp. %, YPG and 2nd to Vick in rating. I guess he is falling like a rock behind the rest of the division.

My point was that gaudy stats are the only thing Romo sits to pee has ever had. And now he's starting to lose those, too. That's why he is the least of the NFCE starting QB's.

Archived