Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor: Cowboys Tony Romo on par with Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers

manny891

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/jtaylor/stories/100610dnspoinsidetop.15ec2cf51.html

Column by JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News

You can choose to disagree, but Tony Romo sits to pee is one of the NFL’s best quarterbacks. Not Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees good – at least not yet. But he’s certainly at the next level with Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers.

If he wants to end the idea that he’s just a guy who piles up gaudy passing statistics and doesn’t win the games that matter most, then it’s time for him to seize control of this team.

It’s time for Romo sits to pee to tell his teammates with his performance that he’s ready to lead them where they want to go. When Romo sits to pee is terrific, like he was against Houston in the Cowboys’ last game, this team is tough to beat.

That’s because Romo sits to pee can make every throw – the back-shoulder fade, the deep out, the slant, the bomb, the skinny post. And he’ll throw it where the coverage dictates, instead of forcing it to Jason Witten or Miles Austin as some folks contend.

He has the athleticism to bring forth big plays out of chaos, the intelligence to read defenses, and the charisma to inspire his teammates with his performance.

The Cowboys need that guy. Every single week.

They don’t need the jittery quarterback lacking confidence because he didn’t trust his offensive line. That player is just a guy, the kind of quarterback who will drive you crazy with his inconsistency.

Romo sits to pee should be held to the standard of elite quarterbacks because he’s that good. The first quarter of the NFL season has shown us that no dominant team exists.

The conference is waiting for some team to take charge, and become the front-runner. If Romo sits to pee plays to his ability, the Cowboys can be that team.

The game is always about the quarterback.

It’s time to find out whether Romo sits to pee is ready to become one of the league’s elite players on a consistent basis.

The test starts Sunday.

Fixed that for you. He's not on the same level as Rivers or Rodgers.

Brett Favre went to 2 SBs, winning 1, and was a boneheaded throw last year from going to his 3rd (as was almost ironically the case 3 years ago in GB). When Romo sits to pee makes it past the Divisional round, I'll consider upgrading his status. ;)

He's not even the best Q.B. in the division. Hell, he might even be ranked 4th. JJT is a ****ing idiot. I clicked the link and saw his picture, loser needs to lose the "soul patch". Looks like a typical Cowboy's slurper.

Brett Favre went to 2 SBs, winning 1, and was a boneheaded throw last year from going to his 3rd (as was almost ironically the case 3 years ago in GB). When Romo sits to pee makes it past the Divisional round, I'll consider upgrading his status. ;)

Hence why he is the poor mans version. He'll throw for a million yards a bazillion TD's a quater billiondy INT's, can improvise like Favre, is elusive in the pocket as was Favre at that stage of his career but will never go deep into the playoffs or win the big game.

Hence why he is the poor mans version. He'll throw for a million yards a bazillion TD's a quater billiondy INT's, can improvise like Favre, is elusive in the pocket as was Favre at that stage of his career but will never go deep into the playoffs or win the big game.

Ah, I see what you're saying. And I concede the point, well played sir. It also helps that he's been compared to Favre by every Cowboy homer for the last 5 years.

Given enough time, Romo sits to pee can torch you. In other words, he does what any NFL QB should do. Give him pressure and he folds like a house of cards. That is why he is a great regular season QB, but does not have the talent to beat top shelf teams 4 games in a row, which is what it takes to win the SB.

And yet Rodgers has never won a playoff game. What a lame double standard just because Romo sits to pee is a Cowboy.

If you would be honest, every one of you guys would take Romo sits to pee in a heartbeat. I know it, and you know it, but I also know you'll never admit it. Some of you guys were actually posting that Campbell was better than Romo sits to pee. I always got a chuckle out of that one.

If you would be honest, every one of you guys would take Romo sits to pee in a heartbeat. I know it, and you know it, but I also know you'll never admit it. Some of you guys were actually posting that Campbell was better than Romo sits to pee. I always got a chuckle out of that one.

Please. I'd take Rodgers over Romo sits to pee in a heartbeat.

I don't think anybody but loser Dallas fans would pick Romo sits to pee over Rodgers. Rodgers game is better in every way, and he does it with less. Rodgers and Drew Brees very well may have the quickest release I have ever seen.

Archived