Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail! magazine is now giving away a Chris Cooley game-worn jersey

themurf

hail100610.jpg

Hello friends. As you hopefully know by now, a few buddies and I started Hail! magazine, a digital publication dedicated to the Washington Redskins.

This weekly e-publication is absolutely free and goes beyond the content of a typical sports publication. In addition to thoroughly covering each and every game during the NFL season, Hail! magazine also gives Redskins fans an inside look at the players representing the burgundy and gold. Whether it be in-depth personality features or a behind-the-scenes look at life off the field, Hail! magazine gives Redskins fans insider access that no one else can match. Some of our weekly features include:

- Ask Andre, Redskins linebacker Andre Carter answers your questions

- Point/counterpoint, the guys from Skinscast debate that week’s hot-button topic

- “Where Are They Now?” feature, catching up with players from yesterday

- Four Downs, an amazing collection of photos from that week’s game

- Cheerleader profile, a chance to get to know the First Ladies of Football

- Pigskins, a weekly comic dedicated to the Redskins

- Plus fan articles, tailgating recipes and much, much more.

If you haven’t seen Hail! magazine yet and would like a sneak peak, here’s a link to our second issue. In it, we spotlight Redskins defensive end Phillip Daniels and his insane powerlifting hobby.

For the feature story, a photographer and I traveled to Chicago the week before training camp to spend a weekend with Daniels to figure out how and why a 37-year-old gets into something as insane like competitive powerlifting. That’s the kind of access we have to the Washington Redskins. That’s why this magazine is like nothing else out there today.

Don’t take my word for it though. Listen to Scott Kelby, the gifted photographer who believes all football fans should subscribe to Hail! magazine for the following two reasons:

1. It’s so incredibly well done, that it looks like an online edition of a full printed magazine. Really great layouts, with a clean, tight design.

2. The photography is just fantastic. Very “SI” like, with big feature photo spreads that really draw you in to the articles.

So there you have it. And the best part about Hail! magazine is it’s completely free. All we ask is that you take 10 seconds to click here and subscribe. Why, you ask? Because the more subscribers we have, the better it is for generating revenue for advertising and everything else.

What’s in it for you, you ask? Well, just for signing up, you’re entered for a chance to win an autographed, framed 16 by 20 picture of Santana Moss, a game-worn Phillip Daniels jersey and, I’m proud to announce today that one lucky reader is now going to take home a game-worn Chris Cooley jersey. Tell me any one of those wouldn’t look great in your Redskins room. So thanks to all of you who have already subscribed and for those still on the fence, I’m guessing those goodies should be enticing enough to win you over.

Again, all you've got to do is click this link and subscribe to be entered for a chance to win.

Who won the Phillip Daniels jersey?

Oh, and GREAT work on HAIL!

We've given away some of the smaller stuff - like posters of players from our game shots, etc. - but the autographed, framed 16 by 20 of Santana Moss, the Phillip Daniels game-worn jersey and the Chris Cooley game-worn jersey haven't been given away yet. Since those are the bigger prizes, we'll wait until closer to the end of the season. We will post photos of the winner with the goodies though, so if/when you win, folks will know. Cheers.

Will it just go to a random reader (no entry required, every reader has a chance?)

You have to sign up for the magazine to win a prize from the magazine. The good news is: Hail! is free and you can awesome stuff just for signing up. What more could you ask for?

You have to sign up for the magazine to win a prize from the magazine. The good new is: Hail! is free and you can awesome stuff just for signing up. What more could you ask for?

Already signed up :thumbsup:, just wanted to see if there was anything else I needed to do.

Already signed up :thumbsup:, just wanted to see if there was anything else I needed to do.

Glad to hear it. And here's a free tip: if you want more than one chance to win, then you just convince your buddies to sign up and list you as the person who referred them. Every time you're listed as a referral, your name gets thrown in one more time. You refer 20 people, that's 20 more chances to add sweet stuff to your man cave.

Just signed up. I love the photos! I will be patiently waiting for you to do a write up on Marcus Washington :). He was one of my favorites and would love to know what he's been up to since leaving the NFL!

I also would recommend some sort of a "fan opinion column". Basically so we can write in and ask certain questions or voice our opinions on certain issues w/ replies from some of you that have inside knowledge to give us feedback etc.

Great magazine you got going here murf. I already won an 8x10 autographed picture of Brian Mitchell, which is framed and hanging nicely on my wall. I know Hail runs a "guess the score" feature every week on Facebook (that's howI won the Mitchell pic), and I won it again (I'm pretty sure) for the Texans game a few weeks ago. I sent out a message to Melvin Arroyo on September 22 requesting the picture I wanted. It hasn't come yet and he hasn't replied since I sent it, so is there any way you can figure that out?

Now, for those who have already signed up, I have a question - what else would you like to see in the magazine and/or which players would you like to see featured in future issues?
London Fletcher, definitely.

You have to sign up for the magazine to win a prize from the magazine. The good news is: Hail! is free and you can awesome stuff just for signing up. What more could you ask for?

The magazine looks good Murf. Glad I signed up,and the real prize given in this is the actual magazine. :)

Just signed up. I love the photos! I will be patiently waiting for you to do a write up on Marcus Washington :). He was one of my favorites and would love to know what he's been up to since leaving the NFL!

I also would recommend some sort of a "fan opinion column". Basically so we can write in and ask certain questions or voice our opinions on certain issues w/ replies from some of you that have inside knowledge to give us feedback etc.

Marcus Washington was one of my favorites as well. I agree it'd be great to catch up with him and see how life is treating him these days. Thanks for the suggestion and for everyone else, keep them coming.

The magazine looks good Murf. Glad I signed up,and the real prize given in this is the actual magazine. :)

I'm glad you feel that way. I'm basically working two full-time jobs these days, between my real gig and playing editor of Hail! We're all putting in a ton of hours, but hopefully it's worth it to 'Skins fans. Thanks.

Great magazine you got going here murf. I already won an 8x10 autographed picture of Brian Mitchell, which is framed and hanging nicely on my wall. I know Hail runs a "guess the score" feature every week on Facebook (that's howI won the Mitchell pic), and I won it again (I'm pretty sure) for the Texans game a few weeks ago. I sent out a message to Melvin Arroyo on September 22 requesting the picture I wanted. It hasn't come yet and he hasn't replied since I sent it, so is there any way you can figure that out?

London Fletcher, definitely.

Sorry for the Delays Dustin Craft, as with the Brian Mitchell that was printed singed and ready to go. The photos used for our Guess the score are actual game taken shots and do have to be sent to be printed and shipped. It is ready to go, it should have shipped by now. you will have it soon to frame and add to your collection. Again sorry for the delays as we have worked out a faster turn around method to get these give-a-ways shipped out.

eM

Sorry for the Delays Dustin Craft, as with the Brian Mitchell that was printed singed and ready to go. The photos used for our Guess the score are actual game taken shots and do have to be sent to be printed and shipped. It is ready to go, it should have shipped by now. you will have it soon to frame and add to your collection. Again sorry for the delays as we have worked out a faster turn around method to get these give-a-ways shipped out.

eM

Shhh... don't tell them. :paranoid:

Archived