Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After 3 Weeks, Skins D STILL Ranked Dead Last

RawBBQSauce

I like how everyone blames Haslett. It's not his fault our DB's let every 0 yard pass turn into a 10 yard run. Can't get pressure when its hike, pass, first down all in 2 seconds.

Granted it is his fault to some degree. But man our swiss cheese secondary is pretty weak.

Simply confused, you were quoting me and being general. Sorry, it seemed as if you were responding to me since you were quoting my post.

I'm not following the rest of your post. That sounds personal, like you have your own agenda when it comes to 92. Leave that to Mr.Allen.

Hail!

I was responding to a comment you made, and then made a blanket statement regarding your statement.

The rest of the post is clear. I do have an agenda. 92 is a waste of a roster space as long as he doesn't care about anything but himself, and that is certainly the case. At least our other DL want to be here and play in the scheme. He doesn't. As far as I'm concerned he should have been gone 2 months ago. This is a forum that is used to talk about the team. You certainly expressed your opinion that 92 should be on the field, and that sounds personal. Leave that to Mr. Shanahan.

It's a two way street.

I was responding to a comment you made, and then made a blanket statement regarding your statement.

The rest of the post is clear. I do have an agenda. 92 is a waste of a roster space as long as he doesn't care about anything but himself, and that is certainly the case. At least our other DL want to be here and play in the scheme. He doesn't. As far as I'm concerned he should have been gone 2 months ago. This is a forum that is used to talk about the team. You certainly expressed your opinion that 92 should be on the field, and that sounds personal. Leave that to Mr. Shanahan.

It's a two way street.

Exactly why I was confused. Thanks for clearing that up "Kdog"

No opinion, just reaction to what took place during yesterday's game. The biased is coming from you. Clearly he generates more pressure than any other NT on the team. NFL.com if you want to see for yourself.

Hail!

My Opinion Hayneswoth and Daniels should be playing more. I think they should mix in some 4-3 with by putting 99 on the ground with Hanyesworth, Daniels and our Nose tackle at times... Mix it up. Becasue they sure are not keeping the line off eht line backers!

Next Doughty or Moore, Doughty can tackle put cannot pass cover as good as Moore. But Moore sure cannot not tackle!

Tony

Exactly why I was confused. Thanks for clearing that up "Kdog"

No opinion, just reaction to what took place during yesterday's game. The biased is coming from you. Clearly he generates more pressure than any other NT on the team. NFL.com if you want to see for yourself.

Hail!

Hilarious.

"KDog", cute.

There's bias coming from both of us, actually. The one play 92 makes a game is not worth the money or energy or issues he has caused on this team. That's my opinion. You have clearly stated yours as well. We're both entitled to that.

Hilarious.

"KDog", cute.

There's bias coming from both of us, actually. The one play 92 makes a game is not worth the money or energy or issues he has caused on this team. That's my opinion. You have clearly stated yours as well. We're both entitled to that.

How so sir? he drew a double team and created a sack for teammate? that is a fact. correct?

How so sir? he drew a double team and created a sack for teammate? that is a fact. correct?

That's one play. That is a fact. Correct?

Again, I just said this:

The one play 92 makes a game is not worth the money or energy or issues he has caused on this team

Guys...I think some of you are missing the reason for this transition to the 3-4.

It was meant to complement an explosive offense...just like it did to perfection the first half of the Texans game.

But when the offense doesn't stay on the field and doesn't put TD's on the board (see: second half of the Texans game and entire Rams game), the defense can't seem to get OFF the field.

They get tired, and the scheme stays aggressive, so they get burnt even more. Keeping the offense off the field. Its a vicious cycle, when the offense doesn't start the game with a bang.

Which is a flaw in scheme and game-planning, no doubt. And coaching.

But its not fair to act like this defensive change failing isn't part of a bigger plan that's also failing. And that plan includes the offense playing to a certain level, to allow the defense to play a certain way.

Really, Haslett should have two game-plans, depending on the offensive situation:

One for when the offense is clicking. That's the aggressive, tiring defense that uses everything its got to get the ball back to the offense, which can consistently grind it down the field and kill clock every possession, and allow the defense to rest.

And one for when we're settling for FG's in the redzone and getting 3-and-outs galore, which isn't as aggressive, but keeps us in the game (like Blache's defense) rather than getting burnt for not adjusting for the poor output on our other side of the ball.

But he doesn't seem to do this, and there's the rub.

so you respond to my fact with your opinion ?

What?

Okay. This is cluttering the thread and at this point you're not even bothering to read. So I'm done with this conversation. My opinion stands that 92 is a waste and wouldn't be healthy enough to play "every" snap anyways. It's a matter of time before his mystery ailments pop up.

What?

Okay. This is cluttering the thread and at this point you're not even bothering to read. So I'm done with this conversation. My opinion stands that 92 is a waste and wouldn't be healthy enough to play "every" snap anyways. It's a matter of time before his mystery ailments pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinzfever2010 View Post

That's one play. That is a fact. Correct?

Again, I just said this:

The one play 92 makes a game is not worth the money or energy or issues he has caused on this team

^You took a fact and responded to it with an opinion. Yet you claimed that I was giving my opinion on Albert throughout the thread. I was stating that he is the most productive NT we have on the field. I supported my claim with the sack he created for Orakpo. Again you responded with an opinion. ^

The defense looks terrible, but they're still 11th in points allowed. I'd rather be last in Yards per game than last in points allowed.

I'm a little worried that this defense will end up being reminiscent of Zorn's offense - looks great for the first couple of games then gets wrecked once teams have some tape on it. Bradford was calling audibles at the line and cutting us up yesterday. He wasn't confused one bit.

As for Haynesworth playing - sure he's a great athlete but he's still playing like a 4-3 DT. He's trying to penetrate and get into the backfield on every play. He just picks a side and tries to penetrate the gap instead of maintaining blockers and freeing up guys to make plays. He may have had the one play to free Orakpo for a sack, but that's not how the 3-4 typically works. Honestly none of our DL except for maybe Carriker are doing that good of a job occupying blockers and freeing the LBs up. Maybe that's why Steven Jackson's anonymous backup ripped us to shreds?

they are who we think (and who the stats show) they are. they are terrible, plain and simple. the issue isn't as much the scheme as it is the players not fitting the scheme. any team we play will watch film and see that when they need a "money" play, run a bootleg back towards andre carter. you will have guys running wide open. it has happened EVERY SINGLE TIME a team has run a boot on us. i love dre but he is an undersized defensive lineman, and an over-sized un-athletic outside linebacker. for the life of me i don't understand why chris wilson can't even get a shot on the field. i know it was preseason but he made plays everytime he was in the game and he runs better than andre. i do know this, that defense is going to have a long day this sunday. if you can't defend the rams offense, wait until they try to defend vick, mccoy, jackson, celek, maclin. did i leave anyone out?

We don't have the personnel for the 3-4 right now but here is my patch plan. Rocky has gained weight and is 242 now so lets move him back to outside LB. Carter needs to be traded if possible or used only in the nickel and dime rush situations at end. At other inside LB lets use the rook Riley as he was promising in the preseason. Lastly if we are going to blitz which is why you play the 3-4, the dag-on corners have to press the receivers in man more. Every blitz is a zone blitz and we have horrible zone coverage Outside LBs and corners. Los is garbage but his best work is done in press coverage. We need to press corner cover and mix in zone and combo man/zone blitzes.

It's ridiculous to be playing off coverage for any good portion of a gm versus the worse receiving corpse in the league and a rookie QB. Why is it we are the only team that can't ever make rookie QBs look like rookies ie: Bradford and Stafford last year. It's like Haslett had more respect for Bradford than they had for McNabb. Its pathetic, press these weak receivers and get at the rookie QB non stop. He sat back there against a bunch of base zone crap with all day to throw. Man up and blitz hard. They did it to McNabb with way less talent on Defense and it worked because our receivers as a whole are not that great either. You only have a split second to make a decision and someone has to beat coverage. In his situation the TEs end up blocking more which helped take away 2 of our top three past options in Cooley and Davis due to the line problems. Just my two cents but we were out played and severely out coached on both sides. I didn't liked Haslett as a 3-4 coaching option with Romeo Cronell and Mike Nolan on the market at that time who are both much more proficient and accomplished in this scheme.

Archived