Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After 3 Weeks, Skins D STILL Ranked Dead Last

RawBBQSauce

hmmm I'm still gonna give it a few weeks. When we were ranked 4th and 10th, people said that stat was meaningless because we couldn't hold teams late, couldn't get turnovers, etc...

So why can't it be the other way around. If we're talking about yards allowed, then just look at it game to game. Dallass, we did well. Houston, we let last years top passing attack have a top passing attack against us. Shocker. And St. Louis, I think we just underestimated Bradford's ability to execute. Their coaches saw what we were doing, and dialed up nothing but quick slants because that's where we were most vulnerable. We were on the road, caught off guard, and failed to adjust our defense. I think that was just part of 'getting used to the new scheme'. We're not ready to make adjustments on a dime. So after all that, we basically have Matt Schaub to thank for our defensive ranking. I'd like to know Houston's rank after Mcnabb threw all over the world on them.

And as for Vick next week, I doubt they will dial up a bunch of quick slants and screens, although I think they would be wise to do so.

Archived