Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After 3 Weeks, Skins D STILL Ranked Dead Last

RawBBQSauce

Teams have figured out how to bottle up the blitz that Haslett is sending most of the time which allows them to get chunks of yardage over the middle. The run defense is as bad and probably worse. Opposing OL are just clearing out the guys on defense which is allowing the big runs up the middle. This has been and will continue to be the story as the year goes on.

We were not 1 player away from Super Bowl contenders. Getting McNabb was getting a QB still in his prime without the growing pains of drafting a QB high who may never pan out to be a good player. If we were going to go for the win now mentality we would have made a stronger player for Vajx among other players.

Or perhaps the Redskins realized that they may have made a mistake dealing picks and it's going to take a few years to build into a Super Bowl contender and instead of compounding the problem they decided they needed to keep the picks and hope that what we have gets us through and into the playoffs. It's all conjecture, on your part and mine at this point. And you have a point with the VJax stuff, but I do as well and honestly, since I'm assuming neither of us are apart of the Redskin brass, neither of us have a clue what the real thought process was.

So why trade for him if we didn't want to win now? I don't understand this logic in the least. We can lose with those other guys. Yes, he's an upgrade, I never said he wasn't. I really like McNabb, but not if he was brought in to win in the future. I agree we don't have the pieces to win now, but the point is I'm not sure the coaching staff believed that from the start. Hence the words "High Expectations". Campbell stinks, but Grossman is an upgrade to Campbell as well. And if we planned on being mediocre to bad, we could have used the McNabb 2nd rounder (and third rounder this year) on other draft picks to shore up the rest of the football team.

And, we'd be on the road to a 1-15 season.

I prefer a stop gap measure until we develop the lines.

We're not going to see playoff results until 2012...IF everything (draft, injuries, retirements, etc.) goes well.

In the meantime, I enjoy watching a competent head coach after a two year absence. I'm liking the discipline. The game time experience has improved.

And, there's hope...something I haven't had in two years.

If McNabb beats the Eagles this weekend, the world will be all better again.

Teams have figured out how to bottle up the blitz that Haslett is sending most of the time which allows them to get chunks of yardage over the middle. The run defense is as bad and probably worse. Opposing OL are just clearing out the guys on defense which is allowing the big runs up the middle. This has been and will continue to be the story as the year goes on.

We are 11th against the run. Our pass defense is what is killing us. Someone posted about how the Rams 3rd down plays were mostly passes for first downs. We are 31st against the pass.

Or perhaps the Redskins realized that they may have made a mistake dealing picks and it's going to take a few years to build into a Super Bowl contender and instead of compounding the problem they decided they needed to keep the picks and hope that what we have gets us through and into the playoffs. It's all conjecture, on your part and mine at this point. And you have a point with the VJax stuff, but I do as well and honestly, since I'm assuming neither of us are apart of the Redskin brass, neither of us have a clue what the real thought process was.

Your point will be 100% valid if McNabb is not resigned. If we get him for 4 years it is worth the 2 picks.

Our blitz packages are getting destroyed by the slant pass....teams will continue to do this until we either get better in coverage or more pressure quicker on the QB.

The zones are too soft or our coverage guys are not seeing the plays develop fast enough. I know teams tend to be doing 2 or 3 step drops.

And, we'd be on the road to a 1-15 season.

I prefer a stop gap measure until we develop the lines.

We're not going to see playoff results until 2012...IF everything (draft, injuries, retirements, etc.) goes well.

In the meantime, I enjoy watching a competent head coach after a two year absence. I'm liking the discipline. The game time experience has improved.

And, there's hope...something I haven't had in two years.

If McNabb beats the Eagles this weekend, the world will be all better again.

Let's see how we finish this year. But if we finish 5-11, was McNabb really worth it? I'd argue no, partially because I'm not sure he'll want to re-up with a bad team. We gave up draft picks, this year and next and we'd drop draft position. If we win, it's great. So it's a wait and see approach for me. I hope we win. Winning will probably help to keep McNabb here and it just makes me happy. Two birds, one stone.

Your point will be 100% valid if McNabb is not resigned. If we get him for 4 years it is worth the 2 picks.

My point is valid now. If he doesn't resign we're screwed. I'm using the word "if" for a reason. We don't know. If we get him for 4 years, and he's still effective the trade will be 100% worth it. But my point is extremely valid. I just hope it doesn't become true.

The zones are too soft or our coverage guys are not seeing the plays develop fast enough. I know teams tend to be doing 2 or 3 step drops.

agreed, when we send some of our cover guys on blitz, the guys that are left (3-4) are not reacting fast enough to the quick spant pass and with the 2 step drop we cannot get any pressure on the QB.

Where are all those guys from week one saying they'd rather have a defense that gives up yards rather than points?? Well now both is happening and the Dallas game is going to go down as a gift from them to us. Never buy into bend don't break defenses.

I'd love a defense that gives up yards but not points. I'd love a defense that doesn't give up yards or points more. Not sure what the point there was. We'd be winning games if we didn't allow points. But we are allowing points and therefore, we're losing.

Who here actually thinks Kedric Golston is better than Albert Haynesworth?

*crickets*

As far as doing his job and attitude and wanting to be here? *raises hand*

As far as talent and play in a 4-3 at DT? 92 is hands down better.

It depends on your definition.

agreed, when we send some of our cover guys on blitz, the guys that are left (3-4) are not reacting fast enough to the quick spant pass and with the 2 step drop we cannot get any pressure on the QB.

Which means that we need to be able to play press coverage and stall the receivers/throw them off the routes.

Archived