Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If you asked me, I'd say Spencer was in Wes doghouse tonight.  He had his button down in to end the half, looking around confused.

Gooden is right, we don't stand a chance if we can't hit threes, not in today's NBA.  But his pipe dream of "the potential of our backcourt" sounds like he was paid to say that.

You guys realize this is going to come down on WUJ right?  It hasn’t yet, but if this continues it will get there.  If it’s one player, you blame that guy.  If the team is littered with players that are all playing well below expectations, they’re going to blame the coach.  

Personally, I think he deserves a lot of blame.  You can’t run an entirely voluntary motion offense without a player like Jokic in the middle.  He has no scripted movement.  There isnt nearly enough screening,  He doesn’t call enough plays.  I think he wants them to just do it on their own, but it isn't happening.  He has to coach more until they’ve got it down to a science.  

Just now, Destino said:

You guys realize this is going to come down on WUJ right?  It hasn’t yet, but if this continues it will get there.  If it’s one player, you blame that guy.  If the team is littered with players that are all playing well below expectations, they’re going to blame the coach.  

One thing I noticed is we are again going up against a team that jus seems bigger then us.  Wes doesn't pick the players, nor did he hire himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

One thing I noticed is we are again going up against a team that jus seems bigger then us.  Wes doesn't pick the players, nor did he hire himself.

Yeah our centers are small and KCP is a tiny SF.  With Kuz out we’re small at PF too.  

I think this will eventually come down on the GM. Actually, I'm hoping that it will more than I believe it will. Why doesn't this team have a big back up center? Do they really need Cassius Winston on the roster? That's a simple move for any GM to make. Shep actually did a solid job of that last season and went in the opposite direction this season. 

1 hour ago, jwpanic said:

I took my 7 year old to the game last night—just like I took him to watch the WFT lose to the Broncos on Halloween.

At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if CPS takes him away for child abuse.

How long did y'all stay?

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I was reading an article on the Athletic and there seems to be a disconnect between Wes Jr and Spencer.

Wes is literally begging Spencer to be more aggressive and Spencer counters with "I'm playing the way I've been asked to play".

🤔

Did someone rattle off some box score stats and he responded, "Yes, yes, thats exactly what Wes wants. I'm so confused."? 😒

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe. But they've had a considerably tougher schedule than the Wiz. Already 6 games against the top 3 teams in the West in which they've gone 1-5. 10-12 against everyone else. At this point, I wouldn't trust the Wiz to beat anyone. 

• Like 1

This team just got blown out in the 4th quarter by a lottery team. But at least Beal got his 30. Shep not doing a complete rebuild by trading Beal over the summer is going to haunt this franchise. Not that I actually trust Shep, but it would be better than this trainwreck of trying to win with very little talent.

Just now, abdcskins said:

Well, at least I won some money 🤷‍♂️

Dinwiddie is basically worthless. Bertans plays no defense at all. Prepare to get blown out by Phoenix.

I was thinking you were gonna take the Wiz for some reason. Now it makes sense. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

This team just got blown out in the 4th quarter by a lottery team. But at least Beal got his 30. Shep not doing a complete rebuild by trading Beal over the summer is going to haunt this franchise. Not that I actually trust Shep, but it would be better than this trainwreck of trying to win with very little talent.

I was thinking you were gonna take the Wiz for some reason. Now it makes sense. 

If your crush (Haliburtan) had made it into double figures, I would have hit a hell of a parlay.  He really let me down.