Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Chicago gave us their best shot and we absorbed it and got away with the win.  A lot of great plays tonight.  That block to win it was special.  Nene couldn't buy a basket but made an impact in a variety of ways.

Wall was an absolute force.  Beal was huge in the fourth when he finally got off the bench.  Temple had an excellent night.  Webster made some important shots.  Gortat was a defensive presence.  Ariza chipped in and how about Booker?  I think his past couple games he's been shooting like 80% from the floor.  Ridiculous.

Also, this 8 man rotation is pretty nice.  Got our third guard making defensive plays and running the offense, making assists.  Just what you want him to do.  Got our third wing knocking down shots.  And our third big is playing hustle ball, rebounding, and finishing his inside looks.

Please, please, please let us stay healthy for a while.

Also, this 8 man rotation is pretty nice.  Got our third guard making defensive plays and running the offense, making assists.  Just what you want him to do.  Got our third wing knocking down shots.  And our third big is playing hustle ball, rebounding, and finishing his inside looks.

Please, please, please let us stay healthy for a while.

Its working, not sure how long it can last before something disastrous happens, but its working.

Otto got some burn in the 2nd and was virtually invisible, Seraphin got a few seconds as well.

It won't happen, but I wonder if Otto would be better off in the d-league where he could get consistent time on the court.

Edited by StillUnknown

Booker has shot 72% from the floor his past four games.

Its working, not sure how long it can last before something disastrous happens, but its working.

Otto got some burn in the 2nd and was virtually invisible, Seraphin got a few seconds as well.

It won't happen, but I wonder if Otto wouldn't be better off in the d-league where he could get consistent time on the court.

It's only a matter of time before someone important gets hurt.  That's why I can't get too excited about an 8 man rotation.  Some of our players can't really sustain the kind of minutes it requires.

I'm not too worried about Otto as long as Ariza and Webster are healthy and playing as well as they have.  It's been a surprising luxury for us to not have to use a #3 overall pick this season.  I'd only be worried if Webster or Ariza were sucking and Porter still wasn't getting run.

But again, that probably means a big injury to Ariza or Webster is coming knowing our luck.

Right now, it's best for Otto to be with the team IMO.  His moment will come.  Hopefully not this season.  At this point, and with how much time he missed to start the year, it'll be nice to bring him along slowly and give him a red shirt year.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Toronto beat Minnesota in Toronto.  They're starting to get some separation for that third seed.  They've been the third best team in the East I've seen this season.  Not saying a whole lot, but they have.

And Detroit is getting blown out by Utah in Detroit.  We have got to beat them tomorrow night.  Need to win the season series and separate ourselves from them in the standings.

I really need to stop reading Kendall Marshall's stat line.

Shame we dismissed him without even a consideration that he could help us.

I feel the same way, it really drives me nuts. Laziness and incompetence! The kid was a local product too, what would it have hurt to see what the kid could do?

Bulls gave us 105% of their game…not enough.

Is our 8-man rotation the precursor to a trade?

I don't expect a trade.

1.) Ariza is the only one we can really trade, but he's playing so well for us and we can use his expiring for our own savings.  Hard to justify dealing him unless it's for something good.

2.) Porter has not shown enough so far to reassure us that we won't take a step back by dealing Ariza.

I expect us to keep this group together and see if we can close out the year strong, make the playoffs, and hopefully make a little bit of noise in the postseason.

I feel the same way, it really drives me nuts. Laziness and incompetence! The kid was a local product too, what would it have hurt to see what the kid could do?

Meh, he's playing big minutes for a horrible Lakers team that's getting their butts kicked every night.  I wouldn't have minded keeping him because his passing is better than anything Maynor does.  Wasn't sure of that at the time though.

And I don't think he was a big loss.  Slow PGs that can't shoot don't have much of a place in the NBA.  He wouldn't get any run on a team that wasn't trying so hard to tank.

I think the bottom line was that they team didn't want to have to cut somebody to keep him when they just viewed him as a contract for trade ballast.  I don't blame the team that much for sticking with their plan they came up with in the offseason on the eve of the season opener.

You can play any of the back up PGs the wizards have had in the last three years big minutes and they wouldn't average 12 and 12 in a month. That is worth a lot more than Chris Singleton. A guy chosen that high, when the Wizards were that bad at the PG position, was worth a look. Lazy and incompetent.

Edited by Destino

Pure hypothetical:

If the Wizards got good and maybe won a championship before changing the name, how would you all feel about the name then?

If they win a championship we should all just resolve ourselves to wearing robes and long white beards to home games.

• Like 2

You can play any of the back up PGs the wizards have had in the last three years big minutes and they wouldn't average 12 and 12 in a month. That is worth a lot more than Chris Singleton.

True. That's why I wouldn't have had a problem with keeping him. Singleton has been dead weight.

But we also didn't know Maynor would suck so much. And the trade happened like the day before the season started. There wasn't really time to redo our plan for the roster. We were basically looking for a one for one swap of Okafor and a new starting C.

And honestly, if we were going to cut Singleton to keep someone in that package, it probably would have been Shannon Brown. Marshall looked terrible as a rookie and Shannon Brown at least had an NBA history. You can't kill the move without hindsight.

If they win a championship we should all just resolve ourselves to wearing robes and long white beards to home games.

If they win a championship, I will never say anything bad about the name or Ernie Grunfeld again. And for the games, I'll dress up like Gandalf or Harry Potter or something.