Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

i knew we werent going to get that foul call. But before we blame that on wall, he got others open ( Webster). They just didnt hit the shots. His back is obviously still bothering him, and im not upset that we were letting Beal ride the hot hand. Just came up short. I really would like to see how we play with Porter out there instead of Ariza.

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 1

Wall got hacked real hard by Lamb on that miss.  Can't dwell on that tho.  Game shouldn't have come down to a final possession.  It was lost at the FT line.  13-26, or something like that...SMH.

OK, I'm sold on Gortat.  He's the real deal.  IF the price is right (and length of contract), I would like for him to stick around for at least another 3 years. 

This is a fun team to watch.  I just hope they can go on a run where they win 3-4 in a row.  No longer do I watch the games expecting them to lose.  They SHOULD be in every game with a decent chance to win.  Unless it's against SA hahaha. 

Those two crunch time low post spin moves to the basket were beautiful to watch. Nene and Gortat can score down low and Wittman needs to get them more involved in the gameplan. When we get the ball down there Beal, Wall, and Webster/Ariza have a lot more room to work other.

This team is fun to watch and that game we lost, was very entertaining. Wish I could say the same about the redskins that just fall entirely apart for an entire half.

The Spurs are going to kill us. We've got some good offensive talent but it hasn't become a cohesive offense yet. SA is a machine and they don't go through extended periods of bad decision making. I don't expect this team to figure it out and start playing their best basketball until a good deal later in the season. We're going to have to scrape up ways to win games in the meantime.

I agree with the group though, this is a quality group and we need to find a way to keep most of them together for a change. In a year or two, we could have something legitimately special on our hands.

I wish Wall woulda made that last shot! This was a game of beauty. I just knew we couldn't rest being up 10 with 5 to go. I just didn't trust Durant. Then when Nene went out I got a bad feeling.

But we are literally watching Beal grow up. Dude is becoming a monster. i can't wait to see him at midseason if not next year. Hopefully we can continue to look good on this stretch and possibly win some more.

that one might haunt my dreams for a night or two. How do you not use the backboard in that situation?

eff the backboard, how do you not dunk that?

The Spurs are going to kill us. We've got some good offensive talent but it hasn't become a cohesive offense yet. SA is a machine and they don't go through extended periods of bad decision making. I don't expect this team to figure it out and start playing their best basketball until a good deal later in the season. We're going to have to scrape up ways to win games in the meantime.

I agree with the group though, this is a quality group and we need to find a way to keep most of them together for a change. In a year or two, we could have something legitimately special on our hands.

To be honest, I was saying the same thing about us before tonight. I thought that OKC was too consistent on offense and our defense was too suspect. I figured it'd be a blowout, but we played D and kept it close, actually leading all of the second half until the final minutes. So I'm not counting this team out of any game. I'm actually excited about watching the Wizards this season.

Should have put Jackson on a poster. Right handed slam.

Looking at the gif, he didn't jump early enough to dunk it. When he launched, his only option was a layup. He just didn't anticipate the approach right. Jackson laid off him when he expected the hard contest and went for the scoop finish. Wrong decision.

We're still not good enough yet that we can beat a good team on the road with more from Wall. We're getting there. But this team still has some work to do to come together.

Fan expectations sure have changed, I'll say that. Look at us, we all wanted that win bad. It hurts to lose like that because we think we can win again. That's a positive development. The team is winning us over.

Gortat and Nene look really good. A pair of bigs like that with a pair of guards like Wall and Beal can take you somewhere.

And I'm definitely excited to watch the Wizards play each night. Not a moment too soon either, as my passion for football has recently taken a nose dive.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/11/10/5086546/washington-wizards-scoring-nba-john-wall-marcin-gortat

Identity crisis: Are the Wizards scoring at the expense of their defense?

After establishing themselves as a hard-nosed defensive team that has to scrap and claw for every bucket, the Washington Wizards are scoring at their best rate since Gilbert Arenas was healthy. Has the team changed its identity?

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

man... you cant compare this team's offense with Hibachi and his half court transition jumpers. But i am really liking this offense. If only we could get consistent offense/defense from our starting SF ( hopefully Porter can fill this role ala Tayshon Prince), or a backup plan for the inevitable Nene/Gortat injury.

Kinda looked like John was bracing for contact, then the guy just side stepped him. Kinda threw him off. Idk. Tough loss.

he got fouled by Lamb. Lamb put two hands on his wrist.

And this offense looks better, but it is still wrong schematically. They should not be a jumpshooting team, but this is what Wittman has installed.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Wall clearly got fouled on that final shot but the media doesn't like games to be decided by the refs. It's crap. Fouls that are fouls in the first minute should be in the final. NBA refs have always been inconsistent however and the media fuels that behavior. It's the only sport in which the media actively promotes and supports an inconsistent application of rules. Just look at how they lose their minds when a star fouls out. Hell, look at star calls in general.

You just have to accept it.

Edited by Destino

I think fans and media promote an inconsistent application of rules in football too when it comes to things like pass interference and holding late in games.

Hell they support inconsistent application of holding calls in general.

But I agree. It's annoying the in the NBA. It pays to mug someone in crunch time because they aren't going to call you for it.

Regardless of the possible foul call (well, he was fouled but the NBA changes the rules in the last minute) he kinda choked that.  That's gotta be off the backboard and in.  Of course shooting like 50% from the FT line was the real issue but damn,backboard and in...it was right there.

Between this, the Vikings game and the Capitals pissing away a 3-1 lead with under 5 minutes to play vs. Phoenix, crappy weekend all around sports-wise.

Edited by Sticksboi05

Beal is soo sooo soooooooo good.

The team played pretty passionately so I can't be too upset but the idea of another moral victory pisses me off for obvious reasons.

That second or third to last play in OT killed us. Iso with Beal and Wall, I'm alright with. But if the play breaks down and it's up to Ariza to make an iso move, all you can do is pray that it isn't a TO. Turned out to be the 2nd worst thing to a turnover, a black and an easy 2 points. 

The defense was annoying to watch at the end of regulation, save for that Durant 3. Good defense there, just can't stop that.

Do everything you can do extend Gortat. Most critical 2014 offseason move (I know, offseason talk already, gross).