Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

9 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

If anything, I feel like the bench might be TOO deep now if that makes any sense. Either that or Brooks knows he can trust Jason Smith at anytime because dude isn't getting any burn. He has to play him on the road trip... Right?

I hope so.  He's come in and hit some shots and has been better than expected.  

28 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

If anything, I feel like the bench might be TOO deep now if that makes any sense. Either that or Brooks knows he can trust Jason Smith at anytime because dude isn't getting any burn. He has to play him on the road trip... Right?

He should use Smith to get Gortat and Otto some rest.  Gortat is 33 and he plays the most physically grueling position on the floor, some rest would help.  Otto is going to break down logging too many minutes at the back up 4.  Smith can help in both situations.  Playoff positioning isn't everything, we need to get there healthy or there is no point. 

Now that we trust the bench a bit more, I'd like to see the starter minutes come down. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

From reading it, I doubt anything will go wrong. :)

It's a good read to be sure. 

Marcin Gortat averages a double-double a game, and sometimes, I don’t think he gets enough recognition for that. He grabs 10-plus rebounds every night, and can finish in the paint whenever he has the ball. Plus, he can take a pass to the face from point blank better than anyone else in the league.

Beal's got jokes! 

• Like 3

Is it just me, or is " area 21 " and the whole " players only" tnt thing annoying. It's just 4-6 guys rambling and I can barely tell if KG is trying to make a point at all. Bosh might be the only one trying to make it work, but then u have Thomas, Baron Davis, and Garnett making a huge incoherent mess. Barkley and the crew can be a mess sometimes, but it's always generally funny and straight from the hip. 

Also, pretty sure Caron chose to talk about top contenders to Cleveland... And he said Toronto. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive