Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Nice little three game win streak. It's nice to play in the East.

I can't wait to play Cleveland.

I'm looking forward to that @Tor on Friday. That team dominated us last season, I want to see if that's still the case. That would be a nice win but I'm not counting on it.

• Like 1

Seraphin is that type of dude who excels against some folks, but sucks against others. The clincher is that if he doesnt start off well, you can pretty much guarantee his night is gonna be bad. I just wish that if he felt that an off night was in the works, he would rely on trips to the line. Hes one of our best there. I think he tries a bit, but hasnt learned the craft yet and ends up with offensive fouls much of the time. I think it will come to him. Whether it here or elsewhere (See Booker, Trevor) remains to be seen.

I mean I really need to figure something out. Having to wake up early (right now), I go to sleep early. I always watch the games the next day on the DVR but it's not the same. Ugh. Something has to give I've waited too long.

Sorry, just waking up and reading this thread. Bugging me. A lot. Carry on though.

So proud of this team. What twilight world are we living in, the Clippers and Bullets/Wizards are two of the best teams and the Lakers, Knicks and Celtics all suck. And it is....AWESOME. I blame Adam Silver. Been on the job two weeks and already the best commish of the four majors. And David Stern deserves a lot of credit for picking him (and grooming him). Watch out NFL. You're about to have real competition.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Houston and OKC have played four road games so far this season. Us and Milwaukee have played three. Everyone else just one or two. It's a testament to how good Houston's start has been. But we're doing well sitting at 3-1 after 3 on the road.

Home game against Indy tonight. We need to win this one. Need to continue rolling and beating the teams we should beat and cement ourselves in the top half of the standings.

Seraphin hit that 15 footer like Nene has been. It looked nice. And he was aggressive on defense.

The whole team was out there ball hawking. That kind of ball pressure ground New York's offense to a halt because they stopped passing and running and reverted to chucking. That's the kind of defensive intensity we need to play with to be a true top five defense.

Seraphin's PER went from -19 to 11.1, a 30 point jump in effect. Not bad for a night's work.

Seraphin looked great last night. Started ugly (almost immediate turnover) but he was a big part of the Wizards winning. Wall Nene and Gortat combined for 24 points, normally that would mean a loss. Seraphin, Miller, and Gooden really came up big on offense.

Some people were worried about the work Melo would put in because we were missing Ariza. What was forgotten is how good of a defender Paul Pierce is when matched up w/ Melo.

Loved what I saw out of this team. Just gotta keep it going. This is a DEEP squad.

I was worried, because let's be real, Melo could dominate the hell out of Pierce at this point in their careers.

The wizards sent an extra defender at Melo all night. Every time he tried to dribble a guard would flash in and take a swipe at the ball. They did a great job of disrupting Melo and that offense in general.

Has Pierce ever really been faster than he is right now though? He's always been slow as hell with no bounce. And yet he's always been a good defensive player. With him it's all about effort, skill, and anticipation. He has really good hands and he is really good at keeping opponents from getting comfortable. He's a pest that competes hard and you could tell he bothered Melo.

Seraphin looked great last night. Started ugly (almost immediate turnover) but he was a big part of the Wizards winning. Wall Nene and Gortat combined for 24 points, normally that would mean a loss. Seraphin, Miller, and Gooden really came up big on offense.

Yep. Nene, Wall, and Gortat carry us the last game. This time all three were off offensively and our bench stepped up instead. As they say, better pack your defense when you travel, and that plus the offensive production off the bench was what carried us against a NY team that started the game off very frisky. They were playing defense and moving the ball well.

I'm just glad the Professor is back. The way he played in the first three games really scared me. You never know when a player his age is going to hit the wall and/or just give up. A Professor in the game teaching classes changes the bench entirely. We've got a lot of bench players that can score, we just needed a PG that can unlock the offense.