Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Gortat was outstanding tonight. Vesely was really good off the bench. Booker got hot and made a huge impact in the third. John did his thing and got a little bit more rest than usual tonight. Porter and Temple and Webster were all solid off the bench. Nene took it hard to the rack over and over but couldn't get a call.

And biggest thing, Beal got off the snide and was unstoppable in the second half. Can't wait until he's able to play like this on a more regular basis. He was just way more aggressive right from the get go and he got himself into a rhythm.

Beal played well tonight. I don't have any complaints about his offensive performance because he did score inside and outside.

I also don't trust the refs to call the game fair for us when we do take it inside because they flat out haven't done it since before the New York trip. It was pretty ridiculous that Nene only got to the line once tonight. And it's ridiculous that Charlotte was only called for 11 fouls and we only got 11 attempts before they started fouling late in the game to stop the clock. And yet we were called for 20 and they had 24 FTAs.

It doesn't matter who we play, the game is not called the same for us. Other teams are allowed contact we get called for.

Beal played well tonight. I don't have any complaints about his offensive performance because he did score inside and outside.

I also don't trust the refs to call the game fair for us when we do take it inside because they flat out haven't done it since before the New York trip. It was pretty ridiculous that Nene only got to the line once tonight. And it's ridiculous that Charlotte was only called for 11 fouls and we only got 11 attempts before they started fouling late in the game to stop the clock. And yet we were called for 20 and they had 24 FTAs.

It doesn't matter who we play, the game is not called the same for us. Other teams are allowed contact we get called for.

Life as a Wizards fan.  :(

Marcin Gortat on Jan Vesely's dunk: "He's a black man in a white man's body...You never see a white man jump like that." #wizards

Just saw that interview, you could tell Gortat was really hesitant to say it and when he finally did he was cracking up. Hopefully it's not blown out of proportion 

Can white folks be racist against white folks?

White folks in Europe definitely can. But not in the way Gortat was talking here. White is an American thing because we're such an ethnic hodge-podge. That's as specific as white people tend to get when describing themselves.

But there is an ancient history of ethnic prejudice and strife among white skinned peoples in Europe.

I attended the game against the Raptors last Friday, and I had a general question for those who have attended games at Verizon Center.

If you purchase Acela Club Level seats, is it true you get a free buffet along with them? Or do you just have access to "Club Level" restaurants? 

Edit: Just did some research and I believe it is only for season ticket holders?

Edited by SicEm10