Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Kyrie is the only player from that class who has proven he can be the guy for a team. Kyrie is the only guy from 2011 who could have been a top 5 pick in 2010. 2010 was a stronger year, you've already had Wall, Cousins, and Greg Monroe prove they can be the guy for a team. And though it seems like Derrick Favors is progressing at a snail's pace, everyone still thinks he's going to become that kind of player too. The only guys left that I see maybe becoming that kind of player are Kanter and Valanciunas.

Kyrie is looking like a guy you can build a winning franchise around. I dont see that yet with any of those guys. They are really good players, and Wall could be a superstar but Kyrie has looked better than them all.

Paul George wasn't supposed to be a feature played but he's still better than the second best player from 2011.

this is my point. I dont care about pre draft stuff, I care about how the guys are playing in the NBA. Paul George is looking like a potential star after a couple of seasons.

Kenneth Faried was a late 1st round pick, but is a much better player than Jan Vesely and is looking like a potential star.

And though Avery Bradley and Eric Bledsoe are just role players, they're better than any of the role players from 2011. Gordon Hayward and Evan Turner probably are too. Maybe even Seraphin?

Also, don't sleep on Larry Sanders and Al Farouq Aminu. They've also looked good this season, like they're taking that next step. Sanders today is where Bismack is hoping to get, and Aminu looks like he's becoming a Luol Deng type wing.

You've got a much bigger depth of quality in 2010 than 2011.

I just dont know how you can make a statement like this. Kawai Leonard was a starter on one of the best teams in the NBA last year. Shumpert was looking like one of the best defensive point guards in the NBA before the knee injury. Norris Cole as well. Marshon Brooks as well. hen you have Kemba Walker leading Charlotte to a damn good start to this season right now. Your whole statement is based on what you read and heard in the pre-draft analysis and not on how these guys are playing in the NBA. The two drafts are looking pretty close, and you could argue that 2011 has more depth.

and my main point is that we could have gotten better players than Vesely. Guys who look ready to play in the NBA right now and would fit in very well with this team. We didnt, and we are stuck with another one of Ernie's tweener projects.

You're under. I think this team gets to 30.

This team is better than the previous two, and even those teams won 23 and 20 games.

This team is only better if and when Wall and Nene get back. Given their injuries, there is no telling how many games they will actually play this season. If neither is back until the end of December, that's 28 games into the season. It will be tough to get to 30 given that.

This team is only better if and when Wall and Nene get back. Given their injuries, there is no telling how many games they will actually play this season. If neither is back until the end of December, that's 28 games into the season. It will be tough to get to 30 given that.

I think the team is better even sans Wall. Guys 2-11 are better than they were in 2010 and 2011.

Dead last in PPG...

Check out the team stat http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/wsh/cat/scoringEfficiency/washington-wizards

If you look at PPS (points per shot) you'll note that worst on the team that are below 1pps are:

Booker

Okafor

Price

Ariza

Pargo

That's 4 of the starting five. Take a look at other teams and you'll quickly see how horrifying that stat is. I can't find a team with two starters under 1 PPS, we have four.

Edited by Destino

I don't think we can look at stats like that after 5 games to see if we are historically bad. 5 games of a 82 game season is about 6%. 1 game of a 16 game season is about 6%. That is kind of like saying after a QB doesn't score a TD in Week 1, "Wow that QB isn't even averaging a TD a game! That must be one of the worst starts to a season for a QB!"

Randy Foye + Mike Miller part 2

God help us if Ernie is the one making that deal.

Hopefully Teddy cleans house. There is nobody is this draft other than Shabazz that I care for and he's not gonna play this year. This team needs to start winning some games and show Wall a future.

Honestly for all this building thru youth the only thing we have is Wall and a bunch of guys. Beal i'm not crazy about but hopefully he can pan out into a 15-18ppg #2-#3 option on a very good team.

This is the offseason, that this top 5 pick we are bound to get should be used to get a legit vet player. The gotta put something around Wall soon or he is gonna leave.

I would rather see how these players look first. This is supposedly a bad draft, but you never know.

if we trade for vets, they better be good players. Not garbage. like the last time.

I would rather see how these players look first. This is supposedly a bad draft, but you never know.

if we trade for vets, they better be good players. Not garbage. like the last time.

Yeah i'm not talking about garbage. I'm talking about useing the pick or pick+ players for a legit younger all star type of of talent. This team even when Wall is back needs that guy to be able to do his thing and create at the end of the game like a healthy Gilbert did.

Yeah i'm not talking about garbage. I'm talking about useing the pick or pick+ players for a legit younger all star type of of talent. This team even when Wall is back needs that guy to be able to do his thing and create at the end of the game like a healthy Gilbert did.

If it turns out to be a bad draft as you suspect, it lowers the return on what we could expect for a top 5 pick.

Check out the team stat http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/wsh/cat/scoringEfficiency/washington-wizards

If you look at PPS (points per shot) you'll note that worst on the team that are below 1pps are:

Booker

Okafor

Price

Ariza

Pargo

That's 4 of the starting five. Take a look at other teams and you'll quickly see how horrifying that stat is. I can't find a team with two starters under 1 PPS, we have four.

This should not surprise anyone. One of the biggest reasons I hated that trade was that it tied money up into two players who added nothing to our pathetic offense. It kept us from bringing in offensive help and we're seeing it now.

So who wins first? Detroit or Washington?

Detroit:

OKC

Philadelphia

Orlando

Boston

Orlando

Washington:

Charlotte

Dallas

Utah

Indiana

Atlanta

I think we dont win until the second match against the Pacers, while Detroit gets theirs the first match against Orlando.

Sigh..... A bonus question:

How awful does our team need to be to get a new medical staff and a new GM? (im assuming the new GM would bring in a new coach as well)

So who wins first? Detroit or Washington?

Detroit:

OKC

Philadelphia

Orlando

Boston

Orlando

Washington:

Charlotte

Dallas

Utah

Indiana

Atlanta

I think we dont win until the second match against the Pacers' date=' while Detroit gets theirs the first match against Orlando.

Sigh..... A bonus question:

How awful does our team need to be to get a new medical staff and a new GM? (im assuming the new GM would bring in a new coach as well)[/quote']

dude...ernie is never leaving

I don't think this team is making a big move until after the 2013-14 season other than a high draft pick. There was plenty of opportunity to do that this past offseason and the wizards weren't interested in the slightest. Money is tied up for two seasons.

Ted ****ed up. Big time.

Edited by Destino

Rudy Gay is the only SF trade option I can think of but he is probably too expensive. I'd love to add Josh Smith since he wants out but again, he'd cost too much and he'd be a FA next offseason.

I've never been 100% sold on Rudy Gay. Great athlete with nice talent but he's never really been the sum of his parts IMO. And you're probably right that he's too expensive.

Josh Smith would be nice if we could actually extend him and afford his salary.

What about DeMarcus Cousins? Any chance Sacramento thinks about dealing him? Probably not, he's good, young, has a cheap contract and years of team control. I would trade any draft pick in this class for Cousins without hesitation. He would stay here too.

I've never been 100% sold on Rudy Gay. Great athlete with nice talent but he's never really been the sum of his parts IMO. And you're probably right that he's too expensive.

Josh Smith would be nice if we could actually extend him and afford his salary.

What about DeMarcus Cousins? Any chance Sacramento thinks about dealing him? Probably not, he's good, young, has a cheap contract and years of team control. I would trade any draft pick in this class for Cousins without hesitation. He would stay here too.

That dude is nuts. STAY FAR AWAY. We've had enough buffoons.

This idiot just got suspended for confronting Sean Elliot after a game because Sean said he was "immature"

That dude is nuts. STAY FAR AWAY. We've had enough buffoons.

This idiot just got suspended for confronting Sean Elliot after a game because Sean said he was "immature"

Sure. He is a bit nuts. But that's definitely no bar to NBA greatness.

Cousins is pretty ridiculous. He took up the game pretty late, is totally immature, and can already make going 20 and 11 seem like the easiest thing in the world.

How good is he going to be when he actually knows what he's doing? I'm thinking second best center behind Dwight.

You just don't find guys with Cousins's combination of feet, size, strength, hands, and skill. His footwork on the low block is just ridiculous and he knows how to throw his weight around.

I think he's also a good kid. He's hot headed and he has trouble dealing with confrontational media/coaches without getting defensive and seeming hostile. But he's actually a really nice guy. Calipari loves him and says he's the nicest kid. Cousins and John are also close and John really seems to know how exactly to play with him to unlock his potential. They've got a rare bond.

If there is anyway the Wizards can bring in Boogie w/o having to give up Beal or Wall, the deal needs to be made ASAP. He's immature - but he's 22. He'll smarten up. I can think of a certain football player who ALL OF US grew to love, who had his ups/downs to start his career with the Redskins. Yup, Sean Taylor. Dude came into his own around 25 years old. If the Kings are dumb enough to entertain trade offers for Cousins, we should be all over that.