Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I mean when you're one of the worst teams and you're getting blown out on a regular basis by the other worst teams (Raptors, Kings, Nets, etc), doesn't it stand to reason that you are in fact THE worst team?

We're gonna win 20 games this year.

---------- Post added December-16th-2010 at 08:57 PM ----------

I feel sorry for Buck and Phil. They sound so dejected.

This team DESPERATELY needs a real big-man coach for the front court. Outside of their individual talent, our front court players have not improved one iota when it comes to being legitimate NBA big men.

They literally do nothing right. Half of our fouls this game are because they don't even know how to set a legal screen.

We'll have Harrison Barnes if we want him. Buck up everybody. Things won't stay bad forever. Wall will come back. Young will still kick ass. We'll get a great player in this class. Booker and Seraphin will knock heads. And McGee will throw down highlight dunks all day because that's the only shooting he'll ever have to do.

Eh, like I've said, I had shoe issues in the Army. I know firsthand what kind of pain can come from that. ESPECIALLY shin splints. Which is what I've heard that he is (also) suffering from. And you really do overcompensate for the issue, which can put stress on other parts of the body and eventually result in a serious injury.

It has actually been 2 weeks since a D.C. team won...Wow...

Yup. The Wizards got the last win. December 3rd. Which I guess makes them the hottest team in the city by default. :doh:

I also just realized today that 1/3 of the Wizards wins this year have come against the Sixers. We've played them twice.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Eh, like I've said, I had shoe issues in the Army. I know firsthand what kind of pain can come from that. ESPECIALLY shin splints. Which is what I've heard that he is (also) suffering from. And you really do overcompensate for the issue, which can put stress on other parts of the body and eventually result in a serious injury.

I got a bad case of shin splints in high school from wearing Chuck Taylor Converse All Stars at tennis practice for a week or two. One wonders how in the **** people used to play basketball in those horrible shoes. I was stupid and lazy and didn't bring proper court shoes to practice because I was so fricking fast I could have played barefoot and still run everything down. I played in boat shoes some days just because I could.

My hubris resulted in the aforementioned shin splints and that cooled my jets. Every day for a couple of months it hurt to walk. It really hurt to run and change directions. It definitely slowed me and subconsciously limited my effectiveness because I tried to get by on the court moving as little as possible. But I lived and still played and never missed a damn practice and I kept winning. I understand Wall's game is predicated on his speed and he's a multi-million dollar investment for our franchise. But you've got to hope he's tougher than he seems...

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I get the feeling that the team is holding him out because they're scared he's going to really hurt himself. This season is lost anyway and it would be an absolute disaster to destroy the franchise player for nothing. That would set the franchise back a million times more than him missing half of the first 20 games of the season.

I get the feeling that the team is holding him out because they're scared he's going to really hurt himself. This season is lost anyway and it would be an absolute disaster to destroy the franchise player for nothing. That would set the franchise back a million times more than him missing half of the first 20 games of the season.

The best cure for tendinitis is rest. I really don't blame Wall for having tendinitis. Almost everyone who has come out with the report for his shoes has trashed it.

Reebok pretty much committed brand suicide with this. You get an up and coming star to back you up and you release that piece of **** shoe? Wild guess: they are also holding him out to make sure that the next time he gets on the court, he doesn't have to wear those crappy shoes. Does his deal require him to wear them every game?

Edited by No Excuses

We'll have Harrison Barnes if we want him. Buck up everybody. Things won't stay bad forever. Wall will come back. Young will still kick ass. We'll get a great player in this class. Booker and Seraphin will knock heads. And McGee will throw down highlight dunks all day because that's the only shooting he'll ever have to do.

Problem is, the worst team very RARELY get the 1st overall pick.

Problem is, the worst team very RARELY get the 1st overall pick.

This team doesn't really need the #1 pick again. The top 5 for next years draft is heavy in big men and SF's. We can pretty much draft anyone who is rated as top 5 prospect and fill a position of need at PF or SF.

This team doesn't really need the #1 pick again. The top 5 for next years draft is heavy in big men and SF's. We can pretty much draft anyone who is rated as top 5 prospect and fill a position of need at PF or SF.

exactly, i would be very happy with Barnes, either of the Jones, and i wouldn't mind Sullinger (although he is shorter than his listed height, i love his game)

we could really make a come up if we get the 1st pick and team 2 or 3 spots below us falls in love with Kyrie Irving.

Edited by StillUnknown

exactly, i would be very happy with Barnes, either of the Jones, and i wouldn't mind Sullinger (although he is shorter than his listed height, i love his game)

we could really make a come up if we get the 1st pick and team 2 or 3 spots below us falls in love with Kyrie Irving.

That's an interesting point. But Irving will probably slip because of his injury. Sullinger has had a dominant year so far, but he's a little hefty and lacks the athletic potential #1 picks usually carry. Otherwise I would say he's the best bet to go first if Irving's injury keeps him out the entire year.

I agree though, I'd be happy with Barnes or either Jones. Barnes is the one I want, but I think each could become valuable starters on a contender.

The foreign bigs are supposed to be good too.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Agreed. So far this is looking like one of those drafts where there isn't a clear cut #1. So anywhere in the top 3 to 5 works.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=As4fCOQVdv499bHudFNSLys5nYcB?slug=aw-magictradetalks121710

Orlando and Washington are engaged in serious discussions for a trade that would send Gilbert Arenas(notes) to the Magic, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Arenas has privately told people for days that he believes a deal will soon send him to Orlando, where he’ll be reunited with Magic general manager Otis Smith, a friend and mentor from Arenas’ days with the Golden State Warriors. Sources said Orlando has escalated its pursuit of a deal in recent days. After losing five of their past six games, the Magic have shown more urgency to find a perimeter scorer who can help them stay a viable contender in the Eastern Conference.

Still unclear was whether Orlando would send the expiring contract of Vince Carter(notes) as part of the package or build a trade around longer-term contracts, including that of backup center Marcin Gortat(notes), sources said. The Wizards also have been angling to get a first-round pick in return, sources said.

Arenas has four years and $60 million left on his Wizards deal. Following his 50-game suspension for bringing guns into the Wizards locker room last season, Arenas became further expendable after Washington drafted No. 1 overall pick John Wall(notes).

The Magic have discussed Gortat with other teams, sources said. Several teams, including Houston and Portland, have inquired about the 7-footer’s availability. If the Magic are going to take on the remainder of Arenas’ contract, it could be important for them to trim some other deals to spare their luxury-tax hit with what’s already a league-high $94.7 million payroll.

Orlando has had discussions on several fronts, sources said. Phoenix has been making calls on forward Hedo Turkoglu(notes) and had a conversation with Orlando about the former Magic forward. Turkoglu is in the second season of a five-year, $53 million contract. The Toronto Raptors traded him to the Suns over the summer, but Phoenix is already looking for ways to get off the remaining four years, and $44 million on his deal, sources said.