Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Who the **** wears Reeboks? Honestly...it's Nike, Adidas or Converse.

Someone getting paud $5 mil a year to wear them.

I don't knock Wall for taking the money and wearing them. I knock Reebok for dishing out that kind of cash and then making a ****ty shoe for him. Un****ingreal. I mean you've been largely irrelevant for a decade. You finally get a franchise player to sponser and you **** up his shoe. Epic fail.

Ted doing what the Redskins probably should do:

http://www.tedstake.com/2010/12/15/wizard-vs-lakers/

Wizards vs. Lakers

We see how far we have to come to be competitive with a championship caliber team. The Lakers have so much talent and depth. They are a tight knit unit and a vet laden team. They play and have perfected a system over the years. It is a great benchmark to see up close and personal.

We, on the other hand, are one of the youngest teams in the NBA. We have played the most starting five units in a game this season in the league with 10 different casts mostly due to injuries. We aren’t talented enough or deep enough to not be healthy and become a gel team. I am sorry but it is the truth. We need to heal up and get a rotation out there that can play and practice with regularity. If we can do that, we will be more competitive. We will get better results.

We played hard last night and up to our capabilities. We took so many more shots than the Lakers did. Our shooting efficiency was suspect. I am surprised at how much difficulty we are having in scoring. We literally had six trips in a row down the court in the 4th period where we clanged shot after shot and didn’t score. We didn’t get to the foul line much and they certainly did. That LA team is a grown-up team that plays the perimeter quite well. But plays defense and in the paint even better!

We played again without John Wall. Without Andray Blatche. Without Josh Howard. And then without Yi.

Despite that, I felt we competed and played to our capabilities. I was happy to see our rookies play so many minutes last night. That is the only way for them to gain experience.

I appreciate your patience. I appreciate the fan turn out. We didn’t register a sell out but I thought the building looked great and there was a lot of energy in the arena.

Life is so much better as a Wiz fan when you accept this and just focus on the positives. The play of the youngsters, the development of the team, the blossoming of NY and Javale. Skins fans would be wise to do the same.

If I could do it over, I would never make that retarded trade of Miller and Foye for our #5 pick.

Stephen Curry, freaking Stephen Curry.Wall, Curry, Young. Game over.

you wouldn't have Wall if the Miller/Foye trade hadn't gone down. The team would have either been better or worst (probably worst) and we would have been in a different situation.

Curry and Wall would not be a good combo in the long run. They play the same position and neither one of them are big and physical enough to cover big 2s.

Curry is an underrated defender and him and Monta coexist quite nicely. Golden States defensive problems have more to do with bad big man play.

There is no telling how or which way this team would have ended if they had picked Curry (multiple reports have said that Curry was going to be the pick). This team would have still stunk as much as it did. Curry alone wouldn't have made us any better.

I was thinking about it. We're constructed much like the Bulls are when you get down to it. Wall is to Rose only with a higher ceiling and better floor vision. Javale is to Noah with better athleticism and offensive potential but with worse toughness/IQ/rebounding ability. Young is to Deng only he's shorter and not as strong but he's faster and a better shooter.

Could Kevin Seraphin develop into our Carlos Boozer? We'd be a good team if he did. He'd certainly help McGee out if he became an elite defender so McGee could focus on playing his defense around and above the rim.

This is a terrible comparison. The only reason people compare Wall to Rose is because of the Calipari connection. I don't believe Wall is much like Rose besides the obvious fact that they can both score points and they both play PG. Rose actually reminds me more of a scoring pg like Gil or Tony Parker and Wall is more like a pg who can score, like a Jason Kidd or a Steve Nash. Not to say Wall's game is the same as Kidd and Nash...just his mentality.

I guess you hit the Javale-Noah comparison....stating that they are nothing alike.

Nick young - Deng....don't see any comparison there

and Seraphin would probably be best compared to Ben Wallace than to anyone else in the league.

---------- Post added December-16th-2010 at 11:45 AM ----------

Curry is an underrated defender and him and Monta coexist quite nicely. Golden States defensive problems have more to do with bad big man play.

There is no telling how or which way this team would have ended if they had picked Curry (multiple reports have said that Curry was going to be the pick). This team would have still stunk as much as it did. Curry alone wouldn't have made us any better.

you are talking about changing three variables on the team though.....foye and miller out and curry in....there is very little possibility the team would have had the same record.

you are talking about changing three variables on the team though.....foye and miller out and curry in....there is very little possibility the team would have had the same record.

Even without Curry, better record or worse record, chances are we still don't have Wall. Hell if the lottery is done again, we wouldn't win 95 out of a 100 times. But that doesn't justify giving up talent.

On a side note, I'd like to get Wilson Chandler from the Knicks if and when they acquire Melo.

you wouldn't have Wall if the Miller/Foye trade hadn't gone down. The team would have either been better or worst (probably worst) and we would have been in a different situation.

Curry and Wall would not be a good combo in the long run. They play the same position and neither one of them are big and physical enough to cover big 2s.

Curry plays out of position at PG. The kid is a natural 2 who would probably be best as the primary shooter instead of facilitator.

He's also stronger than he looks. I agree he'd struggle to defend the big 2s of the league, but his offensive value would be such that none of us would really care.

We shouldn't have made that trade period, even if we hadn't taken Curry. I'd take Demar DeRozan over what we got in return for that deal.

---------- Post added December-16th-2010 at 05:05 PM ----------

Even without Curry, better record or worse record, chances are we still don't have Wall. Hell if the lottery is done again, we wouldn't win 95 out of a 100 times. But that doesn't justify giving up talent.

On a side note, I'd like to get Wilson Chandler from the Knicks if and when they acquire Melo.

Chandler would probably be part of any deal for Melo. I don't know that he's available to us unless we get ourselves mixed up in a 3 team deal.

When you get down to it, there really aren't that many good, available 2s in the league. That's what I'd want out of any veteran acquisition. There are so many good 3s in this year's top 6 of the draft that we can find our long term solution there.

Look at the landscape of the league and you've got a ton of great PGs, a ton of great SFs, and a ton of great PFs. What happened to all of the 2s?

---------- Post added December-16th-2010 at 05:17 PM ----------

This is a terrible comparison. The only reason people compare Wall to Rose is because of the Calipari connection. I don't believe Wall is much like Rose besides the obvious fact that they can both score points and they both play PG. Rose actually reminds me more of a scoring pg like Gil or Tony Parker and Wall is more like a pg who can score, like a Jason Kidd or a Steve Nash. Not to say Wall's game is the same as Kidd and Nash...just his mentality.

I guess you hit the Javale-Noah comparison....stating that they are nothing alike.

Nick young - Deng....don't see any comparison there

and Seraphin would probably be best compared to Ben Wallace than to anyone else in the league.

Good job missing the point there. The point is that we both built around three specific players drafted--a stud PG, a long, athletic C, and a big time scoring wing.

And you're wrong about Rose. He's an elite scorer because his team used to suck and required him to be. He's a much better passer than given credit for. He's averaging 8.4 assists this season which is .4 less than Jason Kidd.

Wall and Rose came out of very similar backgrounds: Super quick slasher with elite size and defensive potential for the position and a shaky jump shot. The only big differences I see are that Wall has a bit more of a reputation as a pass first guy, is longer, and he's not as strong or tough as Rose is. Other than that, they're playing styles are extremely similar.

Also, I didn't say Seraphin was Carlos Boozer because obviously they are different. He's not nearly as skilled as Boozer in any way shape or form, but he's a much better athlete. I merely wondered whether Seraphin could one day fulfill a similar role to Boozer's on our team.

Agreed. If Ted wants this team to play with passion he's gotta put Cassell in charge.

Been saying this for weeks. What is the harm in giving Cassell the reins? We go down in flames . . .we go down in flames. But maybe we find a solid coach, though I am doubtful.

Time for Cassell to take over for the rest of the year.