Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I love John, I really do but if you are a #1 pick, you need to get your ass out there

Hes only around my age and if missing games over minor things now, imagine 5 years from now

I hate using the word soft but if I played all my games on a torn mcl last year, he can play through aches and pains

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 07:06 PM ----------

So glad I didn't spend money on tix!

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 07:22 PM ----------

Our excellent training staff strikes again!!!

I love John, I really do but if you are a #1 pick, you need to get your ass out there

Hes only around my age and if missing games over minor things now, imagine 5 years from now

I hate using the word soft but if I played all my games on a torn mcl last year, he can play through aches and pains

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 07:06 PM ----------

So glad I didn't spend money on tix!

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 07:22 PM ----------

Our excellent training staff strikes again!!!

i wasn't going to say anything, but the "soft" word entered my mind as well

There's a part of me that wonders if Wall's absence is because they're giving him the Stephen Strausberg treatment. Saying, he's a young kid. Let's be careful with him. Not wear him out. Groom him.

Mind you, the Strasberg treatment didn't work out at all well for Strausberg

Edited by Burgold

And back to my email, you think Ted was mocking me with the "The shoes" opening? I've been over my experience with shoes so I know it's a possibility. I'm about to write him back so I'm trying to think how to come at this. And if you love the team, I suggest you write him about the medical staff as well.

I'll write to him in a few weeks. He's been getting quite a few emails regarding the medical staff and Ted has been known to snap at people in the past lol. It's hard to tell with him. For as interactive as he is with the fans, he can definitely be a giant douche at times.

When I wrote to him about using other teams history to pump up the Wizards crowd, he wrote back saying "We've been doing this for years". I haven't been to a game since but I'm sure it's still going on. Ted writes back but most of the time, it's fluff.

Didn't Ted get into a fight with a Caps fan awhile back?

Well here's what I responded with:

Mr. Leonsis,

Not sure if you were mocking me with the "The shoes" comment. When I served in the Army I had terrible issues with my feet and specifically shin splints. I finally got hooked up with some nice Asics that fit my style of foot (high arches) and style of running perfectly. Never had problems again.

I have to say though, it's pretty weak that Mr. Wall is missing so many games because he "aches". Because he feels discomfort in his foot. I got offered $70 tickets for tonights game. I had prior engagements so I couldn't make it but I would be absolutely livid to drop that cash just to watch Kirk (God bless him) play 40 minutes.

If he's missing time now, at age 20, because he has "aches", what's he going to do 5-10 years from now when his body isn't as young and fresh? Us Wiz fans are starting to wonder: Is he soft? What's really going on?

Happy Holidays,

Colin

Let you know what three words he responds with.

Hypothetically, How much do you think we could get for Wall?

What did we give up for Webber? I'd say something similar to that if I remember the deal correctly.

And not what we got for him from the Kings. That was a classic Unseld rape. What we gave the Warriors for him.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

This team will commit a crime to its fan base if it doesn't resign Nick Young. Don't care what the price is, the guy will get BETTER. I am officially on the bandwagon. He makes shooting look easy. No doubt one of the best pure shooters in the league. The added bonus of his solid defense just puts it over the top.

KEEP NICK YOUNG.

How about Wall for Love, the rights to Rubio and a non-protected 1st?

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 09:22 PM ----------

Actually, I just checked and I was wrong. We gave up THREE 1sts.

Yeah I thought it was more than two. And then we dumped him two years later. So we basically traded three 1sts for 30 year old Mitch ****ing Richmond.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

How about Wall for Love, the rights to Rubio and a non-protected 1st?

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 09:22 PM ----------

Yeah I thought it was more than one. And then we dumped him two years later. So we basically traded three 1sts for 30 year old Mitch ****ing Richmond.

Wouldn't do it. Love isn't what his numbers suggests. One hell of a rebounder but his defense is bad. Rubio looked bad in the FIBA tournament as well.

Unless we get two unprotected firsts, along with a guy like Carmelo Anthony, I wouldn't trade Wall.

I can't believe I put non-protected.

Anyway, to get someone like 'Melo you'd have to make the contracts work. Wall's number is like $4 mil. So that's about $14 mil or so more to fill.

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 09:29 PM ----------

ESPN's trade machine for those that have some how missed it over the years:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

EDIT: Wall's number is $5 mil.

Melo trade - two 1sts: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2e4k586

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.