Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Brown will have his new home in the DMV ready soon with all the bricks he’s laying.

He barely played this preseason.  He'll redshirt this year unless some things go terribly wrong.

In other news, didn't realize Mareese Speights is now playing in China and that he's apparently a 40 point scorer for his new team.

In still other news, my boy Jason Smith was an incredible +22 in just nine minutes last night.  That's a mic drop.  I believe he's made his case to start.

15 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He barely played this preseason.  He'll redshirt this year unless some things go terribly wrong.

In other news, didn't realize Mareese Speights is now playing in China and that he's apparently a 40 point scorer for his new team.

In still other news, my boy Jason Smith was an incredible +22 in just nine minutes last night.  That's a mic drop.  I believe he's made his case to start.

Can you imagine the type of Earth-shattering beatdowns Smith would deal out if he chose to play in China?!?

35/20/10/4 nightly!

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Chachie said:

I'm no great basketball mind but "regular season mode" just doesn't put a team in a preferable spot in the post season even if their talent gets them past the cut. I think the Wizards have a "regular season frame of mind" for long stretches. Boston and Toronto seem to play every night with the playoffs in mind. So do slightly less-talented teams like Indiana and Miami. 

messages like that start at the top. those teams have good front offices, we got Ernie with Ted backing him up. We set expectations, then make excuses when they are not met.

can't hold the players accountable when they know the people above them are not being held accountable

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2

Chris HaynesVerified account @ChrisBHaynes 11m11 minutes ago

Milwaukee and Washington are in advanced stages on a trade in which the Bucks would receive a player and a future pick, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. In a separate move, Tim Frazier will be waived.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1051928219719413760

Edited by LLandryistheshiz

I go back to the immediate criticism of the Meeks signing to begin with: why are we giving player options to players like Meeks (& Jason Smith)?

who are we competing with, and why are we valuing those guys enough to offer them player options?

on a different note: glad to see Lee back on the Wizards. always like his writing when he was with the Post

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Thanks 1