Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

IT got so much love from the media due to being hot in the 4th quarter of games when they were winning. Plus, it's the Celtics and they were in 2nd place most of the year. Celtics get more respect than the Wizards. All of that is about to stop now. Folks are taking notice of the Wizards. Helps, that Barkley is on the bandwagon. IT is not a better PG than Wall. Doesn't play good defense. Only thing he does better is shoot and Wall has improved that part of his game.

Edited by ksun247
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

A back injury robbed him of his athleticism.

Each year that passes, he will become less and less effective. A herniated disk is the grim reaper for a NBA player's career. 

48 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I'm surprised anyone can say IT is the better PG at this point. 

I wonder if Kenny had any justification for choosing IT. Nowadays people put too much emphasis in scoring and not enough in actually being a point guard. 

17 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I wonder if Kenny had any justification for choosing IT. Nowadays people put too much emphasis in scoring and not enough in actually being a point guard. 

Kenny just has something against the Wizards.

He's reluctant to give them ANY credit.

I noticed it years ago when we were facing Chicago,

It's weird...

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Congrats to the posters here on a nice Easter day game 1 win.  Made my weekend.  Morris was a BIG key and Oubre, while a monster on D, has got to tighten it up on the other end of the court.  You can't that miss that many bunnies son!   

The Hawks' second unit is pretty good and not a great match up for us.  Brooks did a great job managing the lineups yesterday.    

16 hours ago, Destino said:

Morris really owned Millsap defensively, he's done that several times now.

Millsap kryptonite.  Gortat also defends Dwight Howard well too.  I think we were Atlanta's worst first round match up.  They could have bullied the front courts of any of the other high seeds.

Getting Morris was one of the big keys to solving our Hawks problem.  Keef dwells deep inside Millsap's head.

• Like 2

So, there was a play last night where John penetrated into the paint and passed the ball to himself, throwing both the defenders off, then delivered the pass to either Gortat or Smith (couldn't tell who) for the easy 2. 

Does anyone remember that? I was trying to find the play but I dont see it on any highlights so im thinking maybe I drank a little too much. 

- This, but from last night. 

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/eye-performance/201501/john-wall-washington-wizards-nba-basketball-dribble

Edited by Llevron

Kieff is the skilled-goon we've long needed for this team.  I love the whole "Death Row" mantra and the chippyness that he brings to the table.  It's rubbing off.  Wizards have the worst team name in the NBA, but damn it, if they don't personify a squad that is a pain to match up against due to the physicality they bring to the table. 

Wizards has grown on me.  I've always hoped that the name would sound better if the team got good, and I think it's going to happen.  Think about it, Lakers and Celtics and Jazz are all weird names.  Knickerbockers and Magic are laughable.  But nobody thinks twice about any of those nicknames.  They've been normalized because they've been attached to good teams that people love.