Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

23 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

I'm actually surprised some NBA team hasn't offered Zach Lowe a front office position.  He's a great writer, but he's the first guy in the media that I can remember embracing advanced stats, amongst other things.  To me, he's brilliant. 

Anyways, I'm on board with bringing in Muhammad.  Dude can flat out score. I don't think he'd really eat at Kelly's minutes because Oubre could slide to the 4 in certain lineups if he shared the floor with Muhammad. 

Hollinger definitely takes that crown. I mean he invented PER.

• Like 1

A RealGM poster compared Muhammad's game to Bonzi Wells.  You guys remember him?  A SG/SF type who makes his living with his back to the basket.  I can see it.  Although I think Muhammad's a better outside shooter, so he has more offensive potential and versatility.  Though he's not as good a passer.  And he's a much worse defensive player.  But on the flip side, I don't think he's crazy.  

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

John Hollinger was the first mainstream guy to embrace advanced stats.

But I think Zach Lowe is the best NBA writer in America. He actually watches tape and every game and is a really good writer. It is interesting that he hasnt been offered a job yet, or publicly has.

Ahhhh...ur right.  Forgot about Hollinger + Memphis. 

For X's & O's, no one is better than Lowe. 

For all other NBA writing, Jonathan Abrams is fantastic as well. 

I'd love to see a NBA team pair Lowe with someone who knows how to work the cap.  It would be interesting to see the type of team they'd want to field. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

A RealGM poster compared Muhammad's game to Bonzi Wells.  You guys remember him?  A SG/SF type who makes his living with his back to the basket.  I can see it.  Although I think Muhammad's a better outside shooter, so he has more offensive potential and versatility.  Though he's not as good a passer.  And he's a much worse defensive player.  But on the flip side, I don't think he's crazy.  

Wasn't Bonzi actually a pretty damn good player for awhile? I mean, Muhammad is pretty much a draft bust at this point, no? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

Wasn't Bonzi actually a pretty damn good player for awhile? I mean, Muhammad is pretty much a draft bust at this point, no? 

Bonzi Wells was a good player.  Muhammad is solid.  He's a 14th pick in the draft, being a solid rotation player at that spot means you're not a draft bust.

We figured out how to execute the switching scheme.  Morris is good at it.  Much better than a traditional man scheme where he has to help out from the weak side.  He's quicker than he looks.  The scheme is also a lot easier on Porter and the guards because fighting through so many screens is tiring and they play a lot of minutes.

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

lottery protected

It was too much to hope it was top 25 protected I suppose.  Ugh.  I loved this draft class and wanted us to actually use the damn pick.

It's also not lost on me that the Pelicans got DeMarcus Cousins for only a little bit more than we spent to get Bojan friggin Bogdanovich.

Look, this is as much on Ted as it is on Ernie. He's allowing him to torch the place and has done so for years. Giving away first round picks like they're nothing is not a good thing. I like the two players we got in return but for the love of god they were not worth our first round pick. This is getting ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I don't love it but I don't hate it either.

I'm intrigued by McCullough's upside.

Now get me a guard and I'll feel better.

I like Bogdanovich, SkinEm sold me on him a couple of days ago.  I just don't like that we gave up a first to get him.  I really liked this draft class and wanted us to keep the pick to take advantage of it.  There was some really appealing talent being projected in the late first and early second.

IMO the only way this trade ends up being good is if we're able to keep Bogdanovich this summer.

I haven't watched any of Chris McCullough yet so I know nothing about him.  Do you have any idea why he wasn't playing this season?

2 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Look, this is as much on Ted as it is on Ernie. He's allowing him to torch the place and has done so for years. Giving away first round picks like they're nothing is not a good thing. I like the two players we got in return but for the love of god they were not worth our first round pick. This is getting ridiculous. 

I think it's clear that the reason we had to trade the first was to get rid of Nicholson.  Ernie was cleaning up his own mess.  Just like he did with Eric Maynor.  Just like he did with Vesely.  Just like he did when Okafor went down and we had no center depth at all.  Just like he did when we went into last season with frickin Kris Humphrey as our stretch 4.

The other thing this makes me think is that Ted gave Ernie a mandate to avoid the luxury tax at all costs next year.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like Bogdanovich, SkinEm sold me on him a couple of days ago.  I just don't like that we gave up a first to get him.  I really liked this draft class and wanted us to keep the pick to take advantage of it.  There was some really appealing talent being projected in the late first and early second.

IMO the only way this trade ends up being good is if we're able to keep Bogdanovich this summer.

I haven't watched any of Chris McCullough yet so I know nothing about him.  Do you have any idea why he wasn't playing this season?

I think it's clear that the reason we had to trade the first was to get rid of Nicholson.  Ernie was cleaning up his own mess.  Just like he did with Eric Maynor.  Just like he did with Vesely.  Just like he did when Okafor went down and we had no center depth at all.  Just like he did when we went into last season with frickin Kris Humphrey as our stretch 4.

Yes, I agree but Ted is enabling this. He's the one who keeps giving him extensions when the fanbase has been begging for him to get fired.