Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

Which of the twins would start, though?

Keef is the superior Morris. But the differences between the two are small. Markeif has a better mid range game. Hes a better post game. And a better rebound presence. I think he is better at defense, but its debatable. Marcus is a better 3 pt shooter.

Either way, both are having career high seasons and play different roles. One spots up more, the other isos a little more. Both can play the 3/4. Although Keef has been playing more of the 4/5 this year. I think it would be a good fit.

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The only problem with picking up his brother is if one of them has a falling out with someone on the squad. Thats how it messed up the first time. 

This is the same thing said about Markief before he came in. Havent heard a single peep out of him in a year, except his desire to prove people wrong. Phoenix was just a toxic situation at the time. If Randy was still here, I might be hesitant. But Scottie has this team loving and believing each other while pushing the no one believes in us mantra: i.e. the most powerful motivator in the book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Here are the realistic choices to help this bench:

1. Lou Williams: Personally, he is too high in demand and I think we will get outbid. Would like to have him here though. 2018 1st + Nicholson.

2. Will Barton: Would love to have him here more than Lou, but I think the Nuggets are gearing up to give him a real contract. Priced out.

3. Jahil Okafor: I have already stated my case about him. But unless Mahinmi shows some skill thursday, I think we are stuck for now.

4. Brandon Knight: Was a pretty good combo guard prospect 2 years ago in Milwaukee. Surely he could be a step up from our dregs. That contract though...

5. Marcus Morris: Detroit has Tobias Harris and Stanley Johnson locking down the starting unit, with Jon Leuer and Morris duking it out for the backup spots at the 3/4. His contract is awesome, and Marcus + Markeif has been a great pairing. I would love to see the brothers grim bully Boston in the playoffs. We could anchor the bench with the two, keep the 2017 1st to use on a 2 guard, and give House/Mclellan a chance to take over for Burke.

6. Bojan Bogdanovic: The guy is not afraid to rip it, can hit the 3, and is huge. He would be my sleeper trade.

Pistons are about to have a fire sale, so I really think Morris will be our target.  Would be something to reunite the twins again, so from that perspective, it makes sense.  He'd be the perfect 6th man for this team.  I don't think he'd balk at the role, because he'd still be getting upwards of 30 min per night because he could play multiple positions depending on the lineup.  Like his brother, his contract is beyond a bargain. 

I'd be ecstatic if Grunfeld pulls of a trade for the other Morris and somehow pries away a shooter like Jamal Crawford/Barton/Williams.  It's obviously going to take giving up someone like Oubre and a future 1st, but moves like that would immediately make us EC contenders with a LEGIT shot of making it to the finals.  The time is now and for as much as I don't like EG as GM, I think he gets it.  Trades to save his behind is his specialty, so he'll probably pull a rabbit or two out of his hat. 

I wouldnt give up on Oubre. His upside is better than what Lou Williams can bring. The guy can already lock down on defense and hit a spot up three. He's also our second most athletic player. Most importantly, the guys like him and he is locked in mentally on the court. Like Otto, that is something that you just cant teach. Give him another year, and cross that bring at the next trade deadline.

• Like 2

Oubre should not be dealt unless the trade brings back a big time upgrade over Gortat or Keef.  He's a stud and if we trade him, were going to die when he grows into a Jimmy Butler clone in three years.

I have no interest in trading for Marcus Morris.  He and Keef should absolutely not play together.  They get each other in trouble in Phoenix, and Phoenix fans said it was Marcus who started the fight that got them felony assault charges.

Also we don't need anyone taking up our back up SF and PF minutes.  Jason Smith and Oubre are our two best bench players right now, they're fine.

There is some dumbass Lakers fan in our RealGM trade thread whose been demanding Oubre and our first round draft pick for Lou Williams :lol:.

• Like 1

Arguing Jason Smiths production is a sign of how bad out depth is at the position. Dude is not a good basketball player lol. He serves a function currently and he has done admirably, but you wouldn't win much if you were relying on bench production from him.  

And hes totally one of my fav players on the squad just because of how he dunks on cats. But hes not the guy we want to give alot of minutes to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

A goon that's shooting 54% on pick-n-pops.  He has a role on this team.

He does.  And he also didn't catch a felony assault charge for jumping a guy with Keef.  Marcus was the one who was stomping the guy.

Those dudes can not have a sane professional relationship.  They negotiated their contracts to be one contract for the both of them and even shared a bank account.  There are so many conflict of interest problems between them that it was a nightmare for Phoenix when they had to deal one of them.  Why would we bring that on ourselves?  Keef is in a good place for us and he's playing well.  The surest way to disrupt that would be to trade for his brother.

No thanks.

• Like 3

Who cares about a fight that happened over a year ago. This is about basketball, and capitalizing on Lebron's vulnerability. Ron Artest did worse, but it didn't stop LA from picking him up and winning a championship. I'm pretty sure I heard this argument from you last year about how Markief would be a bad trade last because of this fight issue, he was a terrible perimeter shooter, and has issues. But here we are a year later and neither of the twins have been in any trouble whatsoever, and both are having career years. Phoenix has been a bad situation for everyone involved there since Steve Nash left. 

Jason smith was signed here to be the 3rd big. He filled that role immediately, and admirably. But, that's what his role should be. He's a break glass in case of emergency spot player, not a defecto role player who should get 16-20 minutes a game. And unless Ian gets miraculously traded, he should be back to the role he was signed for. 

I was actually fine with the Markieff trade, I liked his game and contract.  But I had my eyes open about his intangible problems and the risk we took in dealing for him.  Which BTW, that risk is still there.  He would have gotten himself trouble this summer by trying to bring a bunch of weed on an airplane if he hadn't gotten a buddy to take the fall for him.  You're crazy if you totally trust him.

When we traded for him, a Phoenix fan told me that Keef would be better off with us now that he wasn't with his brother, and that the relationship was toxic and caused them a ton of problems.  We'd be fools to recreate that situation here by trading for Marcus.

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They traded his brother because he caught a felony charge for jumping a guy and stomping him.  The brothers brought it on themselves.  And Keef handled the trade very poorly and would have derailed his career if we hadn't given him a second chance.

Bottom line, teaming those two up is asking for trouble.

I very much agree. This team is popping right now, why take on that risk. Which is also why I'm wary of trading 1st round picks.

House is supposedly killing it in his D league rehab,he could be an option.

This team's core is young. Wall is just entering his prime, and Beal, Otto, and Kelly aren't even there yet. What this team sorely lacks is young bigs, and that is what 1st round picks can get you.,.if you're shrewd enough to draft them.,,

...I should have added, non European bigs.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1