Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Jeez. Yeah, we stole that one. I don't think anyone other than Wall and Beal made a FG in the fourth quarter.

Bad reffing made it close at the end though. Orlando got two big breaks in key moments on the missed goal tend and missed basket interference. A better team puts us away with that kind of opportunity.

John Walls box score is insane, btw.

Man I forgot to make a fantasy team this year. My plan was to bid whatever it took to get Wall and Beal. That would have worked out well tonight.

My only complaints about him and Beal were the TOs and missed FTs. Those are two things they've got to do better with next game.

Beal went 2/8 from three, but that doesn't bother me. First game, on the road. Those shots will start falling eventually.

Otto was pretty invisible tonight. I honestly forgot about him. A quiet 8 rebounds and 5 assists, which is nice. But I'd like to see him get a little more involved with the scoring next game. Orlando did a good job guarding the break, which takes away a lot of Otto's scoring opportunities. We need both him and Hump to be a little more confident pulling the trigger on open looks.

Otto didn't shoot well, but he was everywhere else tonight

pleasantly surprised by his ability to feed Gortat for a couple of easy buckets. He had a quiet game, then you see he has 8rebs and 5 assists

I missed the game, but saw the highlights and read some commentary.

How'd the offense look?

for the most part, we had some decent looks, shots just didn't fall. We had a ugly stretch in the 2nd half, but you can start to see the process taking shape.

I still think we'll need to bring in an authentic stretch 4 and not the conversion types we're running out there now.

• Like 2

Yep. A real stretch four would be the single biggest thing that could help the offense. But I don't think it's going to be Durant. It's just not possible for us to be that lucky.

Wouldn't mind going after Paul Millsap whenever he hits FA. If we had him right now, this team would definitely win 50 games.

Nene looked WASHED. 

If wall cuts down on the TOs and the team can hit 3's at a better clip, that will be the recipe for success.

Gutted that one out tonight.  Orlando is going to surprise folks this year.  Skiles will have those guys giving their all for 48 min, especially on defense.  They're building something nice in Florida. 

Anyways....on to the next one. 

Nene looked WASHED. 

If wall cuts down on the TOs and the team can hit 3's at a better clip, that will be the recipe for success.

Gutted that one out tonight.  Orlando is going to surprise folks this year.  Skiles will have those guys giving their all for 48 min, especially on defense.  They're building something nice in Florida. 

the less said about the Brazilian, the better

• Like 1

They have the players to play great defense. Payton, Dipo, Gordon, and Dedmond. Even Vucevic gave good effort and tried to take couple of charges.

Tobias Harris might be completely hopeless on D. His attempt to take a charge on Wall was one of the worst I've ever seen. Pretty floor bound too, and he's not tall or long for a PF.

They need a leader though. They don't have an alpha player that can take over that role. Even those 50 win Nuggets teams had Lawson as the natural leader.

I feel like they should give the keys of the franchise to Aaron Gordon or Hezonja like we did with Wall.

They need a leader though. They don't have an alpha player that can take over that role. Even those 50 win Nuggets teams had Lawson as the natural leader.

I feel like they should give the keys of the franchise to Aaron Gordon or Hezonja like we did with Wall.

I think Oladipo can be that guy for them in a year or so

I think Oladipo can be that guy for them in a year or so

Yeah probably will have to be him. #2 overall pick. The smartest and most aggressive member of the team. As a SG, I wonder if he has the scoring ability to do it though?

I think they probably should have picked Nerlens Noel. You can see from Noel's body language that he is the natural leader for Philly. And as a C, he can lead without being a go to scorer.