Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This team is going to get murdered in in the playoffs. Incapable of playing with good energy in consecutive games. 

I'd say make some trades, but Martell has been trash since coming back and I can't imagine the market for Seraphin is too strong given his deficiencies. Really need to find a way to get another guard that can actually handle the ball and get his own shot.

Too many turnovers, flat out. I absolutely feel we can beat them (the 20 point comeback on the road was impressive), but we won't be able to if we're beating ourselves. I'm not too pissed considering how many other teams Atlanta has done that to (give credit where credit is due). Great teams are deep, but I feel it will be easier to cut down our turnovers then it will be to add more above average players like some of the other contenders have done.

They kicked our asses. We played our worst in all phases and they absolutely cruised. You can't shoot yourself in the foot on the road against the 1 seed and that's what we did and the result was they completely embarrassed us. I'm pissed about this one. They better come out with some ****ing fire against San Antonio.

Either that or a better rim defender. Tired of the easy inside shots we keep giving up with Gortat right there (though he's great at a lot of other things).

yeah, Gortat is just not a rim protector. That is a big flaw with him. Its what makes what Wall is doing defensively so incredible. This team doesnt have someone to stop play at the rim.

Miller is done.

Wittman is just not that good of a coach, which is really where we lost today, imo. We are not a good offensive team and he has no idea how to adapt to spread offenses.

Along with Miller, the bench has come back down to Earth the last few weeks. Been getting outplayed nightly.

I thought this was the year of a banner. That is probably over unless Teague gets injured. :(

Some more random negative thoughts:

- When Wall has an awful game like today, the team gets blown out. This is a problem. A team full of good passers and scorers, particularly in the starting five, should not have so much trouble keeping the ball moving without relying on Wall.

- Wall apparently took Pierce's preseason challenge to shoot better from the FT line this year and majorly regressed.

- Beal doesn't know how to draw fouls. He shoots mostly jumpers and takes it inside and finishes well through contact but never, EVER draws fouls.

- Rasual Butler is a Nick Young-esque chucker. Good in a limited role but he does absolutely zero shot creation for anyone else.

- Webster isn't even close to getting back into the swing of things.

- We always go under screens on shooters and get shelled. Why were we doing this against the Hawks of all teams? Same **** happened against Dallas both times. Why are we daring teams that can shoot to shoot? They're the ones who blow us out.

- Humphries can't guard a four with range and got exploited on defense.

The Wall thing is because we lack a second star. If he's off the team is just a bunch of role players in an offensive system that isn't great.

Beal isn't close to where I thought he'd be. Klay Thompson, is a star in the making, and Butler is also probably a better young SG right now. I thought Beal would be right there with him but his handles remain garbage and he's looking more like a rich mans Danny Green than a star SG. I can't wait for Grunfeld and Ted to announce his max extension.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

The Wall thing is because we lack a second star. If he's off the team is just a bunch of role players in an offensive system that isn't great.

Beal isn't close to where I thought he'd be. Klay Thompson, is a star in the making, and Butler is also probably a better young SG right now. I thought Beal would be right there with him but his handles remain garbage and he's looking more like a rich mans Danny Green than a star SG. I can't wait for Grunfeld and Ted to announce his max extension.

Eh, Butler's not really young. Klay is older than Wall too. Actually those two are good arguments for patience with Beal. The leap Butler's made at age 25 bodes well for Beal.

It's a frustrating situation because we've got a front court full of quality role players ready to compete today (and for not much longer) but the two stars supposed to be the engine of the build just aren't there yet. Wall is close but Beal is not.

I think making it to the ECF is a realistic, if slightly improbable goal for this season. It'll depend on not getting matched up with a healthy Hawks team early. But realistically, give us a Cleveland or Milwaukee or Miami in round 1 and a Chicago in round 2 and it's very doable. But expecting anything beyond that is unrealistic.