Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Outside of McNabb, nothing has changed

MonkFan8

Only an upgrade on paper...haha. He is the only positive this team has to show for itself. If I were McNabb, this season would be one and done, and then on to greener pastures. If he's smart.

Its true. Forum fanatics blamed Campbell, Brunell, Ramsey, and every other QB for not getting it done. I saw the game tonight. McNabb looked terrible outside of two long pretty passes. Other than that, it was mostly checkdowns, dirt balls, overthrows and running for his life.Like I said. Same old skins.

This is why we should have blow up the team this offseason. Picking up McNabb only delay it longer. Sorry, but Rams with Bradford has much brighter future than us. Win now mentally needs to stop.

As someone else said, the defense will probably be ready about the time McNabb gets ready to retire. Imagine, we could have had Vick for nothing, or Clausen if we kept the second round instead of trading for McNabb.

Every offseason, Snyder does exactly what the fans want, and the fans are never satisfied.

2000 Fans want to be the New York Yankees of football, we sign Deon Sanders, Bruce Smith, Mark Carrier Jeff George, ect.

2001 Fans hate soft Norv, want a disciplinarian, we get Marty

2002 Fans hate low scoring, running based Marty Ball, we get Spuirrer

2003 Fans want faster players to match Spurrier's style, we trade for Coles, draft Jacobs, sign Trung Candidate,

2004 Fans want a Proven Coach instead of a college experiment, a veteran QB, and a real RB instead of a system back, we get Gibbs and Trade for Portis and Brunell

2005 Fans want Gibbs to use the Shotgun formation and want a QB for the future, We Draft Campbell in round 1 and begin using shotgun formation

2006 Fans want more aggressive play-calling from Gibbs and big name receivers to replace David Patten, We Hire Al Saunders to call the plays and sign Brandon Lloyd and Antwaan Randle El.

2007 Fans want Brunell on the Bench, Campbell is new starter

2008 Fans want Tall WRs, We pass on "short" receivers: Eddie Royal, DeSean Jackson, and Mario Manningham for "tall" receivers: Thomas, Davis, and Kelly

2009 Fans want more sacks and turnovers from our Greg Blache D, We signed Haynesworth,sign DeAnglo Hall, and draft Orakpo

2010 Fans want a proven winning coach, a "real" QB, and a "real" GM, We hire Shannahan, Trade for McNabb, and Fire Vinny

Every year, Snyder will do what he thinks MOST fans want, and EVERY year you get it. EVERY year there is hype, and EVERY year there is a let down.The problem is that the things that fans care about "RBs, tall WRs, explosive offenses, ect. are not the most important things in the game. The most import things in the game when it comes to winning, are the lines, continuity, protecting the ball, running the ball, and not making stupid mistakes. But if we have an off-season where we draft solid defensive players, players that protect the ball first, and players to develop for the future, the fans will be bored, and the hype won't be there, so that is not what we will do. Instead we will be trading our draft picks to players that have played and exciting style of football else where, and signing big name players to fill the needs that our fans think we have.

Panel, I don't wanna quote your whole post, but I think your exactly right. He's giving us exactly what we wanna see. OTOH, we're mere fans. There's a reason we're posting an a message board and not working for the Redskins. We can't have it both ways- him giving us what we want AND expecting to be a competent football team. For crying out loud, something's gotta give here.

Panel, I don't wanna quote your whole post, but I think your exactly right. He's giving us exactly what we wanna see. OTOH, we're mere fans. There's a reason we're posting an a message board and not working for the Redskins. We can't have it both ways- him giving us what we want AND expecting to be a competent football team. For crying out loud, something's gotta give here.

Yeah, if Snyder is making decisions based on the whims of fans (even worse on what he PERCEIVES the whims of fans to be), then it's worse than I thought.

Yeah, if Snyder is making decisions based on the whims of fans (even worse on what he PERCEIVES the whims of fans to be), then it's worse than I thought.

Right, b/c then our worst nightmare has actually materialized (though we already pretty much know he's all about $$$ anyway). It's all about the big money for him and nothing more. Who cares if the Skins lose every game as long as he's making his gazillion dollars?!

Time will tell whether he's been bad in 2 of the first 3 games? I think it already has.

No..I wouldn't say he was bad in the first game because of all those dropped passes. He was excellent in the last game...and this game not so hot. It happens...personally I would still love to have Vjax by midseason...we need weapons

Overall I think McNabb will finish well as a Redskin...I understand people live in snapshots and I'm sure people have plenty to say about McNabb this week...but all of that won't matter depending on how he finishes his career here

So far, McNabb's red zone stats are 3 for 12, 16 yards, no TDs. Those are abysmal.

One FG drive against Dallas and a complete lack of production in the second half today, along with nothing on third down.

He was great against Houston. Other than that, he's been bad.

Well...can't argue with a guy who doesn't want McNabb here in the 1st place. Nevermind then *shrug*

Let's face it and own up to the fact that the Rams were the better team today. The Rams weren't supposed to defeat the Redskins, but turnovers and momentum gave them the edge in the game. A lof of what transpired on the field was simply overconfidence on the Redskins part. And they lost to a team who they should have defeated. And the defense....I just don't know what to say. They appear to be out of place in the 3-4.

LOL. How can McNabb play poorly in the red zone when our moronic coach won't even let him throw in the red zone itself? All this after he got them there in the first place.

Wow! That sounds just like every excuse for every other Redskins QB. Regardless. McNabb and the rest of that team did not get it done. They looked flat from the start.

Saying he's been better than JC isn't the same thing as saying he's been "great". He's been good, and an upgrade. That's more than you can say about any other aspect of this team.

I disagree. McNabb has been "good" for one half of a football game last week. The rest has been stink.

So far, McNabb's red zone stats are 3 for 12, 16 yards, no TDs. Those are abysmal.

One FG drive against Dallas and a complete lack of production in the second half today, along with nothing on third down.

He was great against Houston. Other than that, he's been bad.

I think that was the knock on him from the get go. He is a good QB between the 20's. Not so much in the RZ.

Archived