Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA/MD Vineyards/Bed and Breakfast Need Suggestions

BayouBrave86

Get one of the cottages with the jacuzzi and you wont have to worry about that. The food is simply amazing as well.

Here you go OP, this is your place, depending on what you think might be in store. Personally I'm not a fan of b and b's however I might check this place out.

RO, did you have a private deck, that secluded you from random b and b'ers that like to strike up conversation?

There are a bunch of B&B's around Williamsburg, VA. I have stayed at The Williamsburg White House http://www.awilliamsburgwhitehouse.com/ It had excellent accommodations and food. It's themed with presidential memoribilia. Not much secluded about it though. That's sort of the point of B&B's. You mingle with the other guests, eat with the other guests, and tell stories. If you really want to have some fun, make a fake occupation and backstory to tell the other people where you stay, and see if you can get them to believe it.

Inn at the Meander is an inn and B&B that has been around since the 1700's, and is still fully operational. If you stay here, you are close to about three or four great Winery's, including Horton Vineyard. Its right near where I live, and I drive by it all the time. From what Ive been told, they grow most of the food on premisis.

http://www.meander.net/

horton makes some awesome wine. especially their dessert wines

Definitely! My wife loves the rasberry and blueberry wine, and the cranberry wine as well. The Vineyard is very nice as well, and there are about three others right in the same area, so you can make a day of it.

Definitely! My wife loves the rasberry and blueberry wine, and the cranberry wine as well. The Vineyard is very nice as well, and there are about three others right in the same area, so you can make a day of it.

I have tried those wines (Bull Run wine festival this summer)

They have this white chocolate raspberry dessert wine that is amazing

I was wondering the same thing...

Even at an actual tailgate romances have blossomed.

Bottom line is this is a form of networking, and whether it is for social purposes or business purposes, it can be quite informative.

Better to ask without a clue, than to commit to something without a clue. The Op is simply asking for some ideas. With the membership of this board he is likely going to get some good info from people with experiences.

http://www.theinnatlittlewashington.com/

Here you go. Bring your wallet.

Seriously, this right here. I had a chance to eat here once (my neighbor worked there), and it was the best dining experience of my life.

Read the reviews. You don't want to miss this place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inn_at_Little_Washington

http://www.theinnatlittlewashington.com/press/current-awards

And yes, definitely bring your wallet. Or an ATM.

Not much secluded about it though. That's sort of the point of B&B's. You mingle with the other guests, eat with the other guests, and tell stories. If you really want to have some fun, make a fake occupation and backstory to tell the other people where you stay, and see if you can get them to believe it.

This is what I don't undertstand about B and B's. If you're trying to get away for a romantic get away with your wife, why would go to a place where people you don't know approach you just to have meaningless conversation. The other part I don't understand is, there is nothing romantic about a b and b, unless it is secluded. I'm not sure about you guys, but if there is going to be romance, there is going to be some serious action. Hanging out in a building with paper thin walls, squeaky beds and hard wood floors that reverberate every little sound you make isn't the place.

My wife and I have tried b and b's on three different occasions, the only one I like was the Antrim 1864. The other 2 pissed me off. On one occasion at the one in deep creek we were hanging out in the hot tub having some champagne, it was after 11, the next thing you know, this douche bag and his girl came and got in the hot tub with us and tried to strike up a conversation, no thanks, see ya.

The one we stayed at in Shenandoah Wine Country, the walls were way to thin. The next day after a pretty wild night, our only option was to roll out and skip breakfast with all of the other guests.

OP, if you're really looking for some privacy, good food, wine etc, check out the Bavarian Inn in Sheperdstown WV. They have rooms with Balconies that overlook the Potomac. The food is incredible and downtown Sheperdstown is within walking distance. My wife and I try to make a trip there once a year, especially in the fall when the leaves are changing.

Archived