Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marion Barber.

blue collar

Seriously, does he have to jump up and celebrate every 5 or 6 yard run as if he just broke a 20 yarder?

Barber must be making really good money for every yard he carries...so, it's just natural for him to be excited that a 4 yard run represents about $50,000 for him.

I'd be excited, too.

Its no worse than Santana's ridiculous first down signals, or Portis spinning the ball on the ground. All are equally stupid, imo.

Virtually every reciever does that now, not just Santana. After a big play, I don't mind it. That's why I really don't have a problem with Austin celebrating because it's usually after a big play. But after EVERY 5 or 6 yard run, gimme a break.

Virtually every reciever does that now, not just Santana. After a big play, I don't mind it. That's why I really don't have a problem with Austin celebrating because it's usually after a big play. But after EVERY 5 or 6 yard run, gimme a break.

Virtually ever receiver DOES NOT do this. The antics he does are completely ridiculous. And sometimes he does it when they're down big, or after a 5 yard catch for a first down in the 1st quarter. Just toss the ball to an official and go on about your business. Its not that difficult.

The antics of Moss, Landry, and Portis are equally as dumb. Therefore so is this post, imo. Let's try and be objective.

Virtually ever receiver DOES NOT do this. The antics he does are completely ridiculous. And sometimes he does it when they're down big, or after a 5 yard catch for a first down in the 1st quarter. Just toss the ball to an official and go on about your business. Its not that difficult.

The antics of Moss, Landry, and Portis are equally as dumb. Therefore so is this post, imo. Let's try and be objective.

You must not watch a lot of games. A lot of recievers gives the first down sign after getting a first down. Not saying I like it, but Moss is far from alone when it comes to first down celebrations.

Considering how feable our passing attack has been over the years, Santana gets me pumped after every first down he gets. :D

I like Dirty 30, but I must admit that his celebrations after EVERY tackle are ridiculous. I could understand celebration after a key stop, but after EVERY tackle?

I don't mind the celebration but I do hate on Roy Williams first down celebration. I just want to swing a sledge hammer at his face.

Its no worse than Santana's ridiculous first down signals, or Portis spinning the ball on the ground. All are equally stupid, imo.

Except that Moss does that 1st down signal after--wait for it--he caught a pass for a 1st down. Barber is doing his celebrating even after getting 6 yards on 1st and 10 lol...no 1st down needed.

Considering how feable our passing attack has been over the years, Santana gets me pumped after every first down he gets. :D

I like Dirty 30, but I must admit that his celebrations after EVERY tackle are ridiculous. I could understand celebration after a key stop, but after EVERY tackle?

Did anyone else crack up at Landry's celebration after his sack this past Sunday? It was like he was pumping a shotgun with his muscles or something. It was embarassingly silly.

Did anyone else crack up at Landry's celebration after his sack this past Sunday? It was like he was pumping a shotgun with his muscles or something. It was embarassingly silly.

I tend to give defensive players more slack for their celebrations, though...because their celebrations usually help pump up their defensive team mates. And defense is all about mixing adrenaline and attitude with technique and assignments. You want your defense to be angry and aggressive, and oftentimes those celebrations help keep the defense pumped up and motivated from one play to the next.

I tend to give defensive players more slack for their celebrations, though...because their celebrations usually help pump up their defensive team mates. And defense is all about mixing adrenaline and attitude with technique and assignments. You want your defense to be angry and aggressive, and oftentimes those celebrations help keep the defense pumped up and motivated from one play to the next.

I believe this too. I don't hate on any of our players celebrating. I love to see barber celebrating after a 4 yard gain, and then on the bench in the 4th down by 14.

I dont understand what the big deal is on celebrations or "antics" after a play it is no way near ridiculous. Whats wrong with having fun and getting your self pumped after a good play when your doing something you love to do?!?! When you love doing something you get excited about it and when you do good you get excited even if its something small.

I'm pretty sure you get excited when you do something good that your good at.

So all the so called antics are just fine lets not make football get boring and boring. Its perfectly fine and there is nothing wrong with it.

I didnt crack up Sean Taylor used to do that same celebration. ^ read above ^

You must not watch a lot of games. A lot of recievers gives the first down sign after getting a first down. Not saying I like it, but Moss is far from alone when it comes to first down celebrations.

No, I don't watch alot of games, you're right. I only have Sunday Ticket. Not to mention 3 fantasy football teams.:rolleyes:

I know alot of receivers give the signal. But not "virtually all of them do", as the other poster wrote. Big difference between those two statements. Might want to follow along. Its just dumb. And how about the TD celebration he did against the Bengals, where he wiped his shoes off, and subsequently got flagged for it. Which, of course, made our kicker kickoff 15 yards further back. And we know how that story ended.:mad:

Yeah, as long as we have Landry on our team we can't make fun of anyone else for this stuff. :)

This. How many times have we had to watch Laron celebrate after tackling a guy once he's broken off 15 or 20 yards or hit some one late out of bounds?

/thank God he's looking better this year. I hated watching him last year.

Since we're talking about Marion Barber, did anyone else see him get absolutely lit up when attempting to block Julius Peppers on Sunday? Peppers just abused him.

The Cowboys actually got their only offensive TD on the play, but Aikman seemed to be more interested in Peppers steamrolling Barber. :ols:

Archived