Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, we finally have a QB

BayouBrave86

The difference between the Saints game of last year and this game is that we barely was able to keep pace with a team that we was outmatched against, where as a team had to play catch up with us after being down 17 points even though we was outmatched against them.

And hail Trent Williams. We got a chance to see what we look like without him. Even with Donovan, it's TRENT who has helped this team most because he makes Donovan possible.
Great point. Take the time off you need to and get well, Silverback! We need you long term!

We've gone so long with a great LT like Samuels, it's horrifying to imagine where we'd be without one.

I wasn't able to watch the game here in Western Pennsylvania. From the stat lines, it looked like our receivers might have stepped up with McNabb. Any thoughts on our WR play?

I just got back from the game. At times it was great today, when we were on the field, you just knew we were gonna do something. Unfortunately we stalled in the second half. As far as the passing game today though, it was awesome, Cooley, Moss, (I missed the Galloway play :ols: just my luck), but it was awesome... Just a couple more points in the second half...

He isnt scared to go for it all. He pulls the trigger on almost every down if he has a chance to hit a long ball. We saw him make some deep throws on 3rd down. Two which could have led to touchdowns. (Joey G and Santana Moss one). I would love to see what mcnabb could do with some better targets like Randy Moss.

The Saints were always within striking distance...at one point in the 3rd quarter it was 20-17. I never got the sense last year in that game that the Skins were running away with that game but that's just my opinion

Well we would have been if that ridiculous INT ---> Fumble ---> TD play hadn't happened...

Having a true, franchise quality QB, it's just sortof a shock to the system.

Oh, Jason really was that bad, I think his few-and-far-between games and his stat-padding checkdowns made him appear to be more than he was (and people seem to forget his fumbling, and seemed to only count INTs)

But that true, franchise QB shock to the system. Well, yeah, that's what many of us have been saying since even Brunell (it wasn't all about Jason) that not having one here for so long, some of us (not me) became inured to extraordinarily inadequate QB play. It made people way too satisfied with less-than-mediocre QB performance and TERRIBLE QB leadership. Again, that was visible in the body language of the players on the field and the tempo of the huddle and offense and something that was ignored time and again by some in our fanbase.

Well, we told you so.

It appeared to me that Joey hesitated or slowed down just a bit and that the ball was actually fine.

I agree. And that was a long bomb...man that would have been sweet. Oh well.....

Oh and apparently McNabb switched a lot of plays...thankfully considering our running game. Quote from the article ::

"Players said after the game that the numbers were so uneven at least partly because of the Houston defensive alignment. McNabb often switched the call from a run to a pass play at the line of scrimmage, guard Artis Hicks said, and the calls were successful so they continued to look to the pass. "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/19/AR2010091905243.html

So McNabb made some switches and that probably explains our success for most of the game. However, when it comes down to the wire we need an effective running game to compliment that and finish it. Ahh well...let's cross our fingers from here on out...and hope that not only does our passing game stay on point...but our running game picks up. Especially when it's needed to run out the clock

mcnabb had time to throw all game and he made the texans pay for it.

he's not gonna have that kind of time from here on out, so we will see how he can handle it

QBs play huge in OLs success. Like the time Houston blitz 2 guys up the middle unblock and Mcnabb found Williams for 34 yard gain. With JC it would have been at least 10 yard loss or fumble.

Archived