Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, we finally have a QB

BayouBrave86

Good article by Tom Boswell this morning...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/19/AR2010091905091.html

Donovan McNabb was at his best in Redskins' loss to Texans

By Thomas Boswell

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, September 20, 2010; 12:06 AM

In many seasons, a defeat like the one the Redskins suffered in overtime Sunday to the Texans, 30-27, could be a wrecking ball that damages the foundation of a whole season. How many times can you have a game in your hands and still find a way to lose?

"It's not frustrating that we lost, it's frustrating that we had the game won and then lost," said cornerback DeAngelo Hall of a blown 17-point second-half lead and the complete shredding of the Redskins defense for 497 passing yards by Matt Schaub.

However, because of one player, Donovan McNabb, this game may actually be a building block, both for this season and several more to come. Because of McNabb's 426-yard aerial show, the third-largest total of his 12-year career, this defeat will, in time, be seen as the day when the Redskins realized how much they've improved since last year at the game's most important position.

Click on the link to read the entire article

Glad you guys are enjoying my boys old QB...

I told many Eagles fans that it was a risk to trade him - especially within the division...he's a good fit with Shanahan...

He is. I liken the Andy Reid and McNabb marriage to a couple that loves each other but aren't meant to be lol. Then walks in Shanahan...McNabb would have been even more successful if he had spent those years with Shanahan imo and may still have better years because of how much of a fit him and Shanny may be for each other

the one thing that stands out about mcnabb is how he makes the o-line look better. campbell makes any o-line he stands behind look worse than it is, by standing there like a statue. mcnabb has an amazing feel to float around in the pocket and keep a play alive way longer, even when he's not obiously scrambling for his life. he uses subtle sidesteps to extend the play and let receivers get open. i'm sure cooley, moss, etc are really appreciating it.

Archived