Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Twitter via Adam Schefter: Haynesworth to primarily play on passing downs

MattFancy

Isn't Dallas a pass first team? If so I expect to see him get plenty of play time. And it's not like Dallas holds up a sign that says "we're passing on this play".

Passing downs refer to 3rd and 4+ yards, 2nd and long etc. I think Shefter is referring to the more obvious passing situations.

The only reason this is considered news is because 4 days ago everyone was swearing that either Haynesworth was gonna be traded before the week was over, or that he was gonna possibly be inactive for the Cowboys game. Now the mediots are thinking that getting the scoop on anything concerning AH's playing time is newsworthy.

Great. Our run defense blows, and Fat Albert won't even play his assignments. :doh:

x2 our run defense did blow all preseason i honestly feel it will be the downfall with smaller inside LB'S in Fletch and Rocky taking on guards..

I guess if Albert can't control his gaps the rest of them can't either, atleast he can flash every now and then to make a play or draw attention.. Nobody on that d-line will require a double team but Albert..

Our pass rush should be very dangerous on Sunday then. Haynesworth is a guy who has those bursts of energy every once in a while. With him just focusing on pass rushing, I think he can have those bursts on every play.

If he even gives 100% on those plays, which isn't a given. Wouldn't be the first time he's taken plays off. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out tomorrow night.

You haven't noticed that Shanny is into head games and spin control? Read the injury report for god's sake.[/Quote]

You are 100% correct. Shanny stated this week that he will not give opponents his starting roster or when any player will be playing. He called it an advantage and he is doing that very thing right now.

where did you see/hear that AH was the source?

it was either Albert himself or someone in Albert's camp. I doubt another player would reveal it and certainly not any coaches at this point. The only way it wasn't a leak from Team Albert is if Shanny is just screwing with the media and putting out disinformation.

Soon the local media will start complaining that Adam broke this story and not them.

Chris Russell @Russellmania09

Guess I was wrong again on Haynesworth IF Ed Werder report is true, that he will play on pass downs, inside rush. Wonder who told him that

If this is true, that Haynesworth will play, sends a terrible message to the guy that sits who busted his butt, while Al was cruising.

@JasonLaCanfora I thought they would sit him, Haslett said six up, they have 8, and he was really vague when I asked him direct.

Always amazed by how powerful twitter is, I Know the guy is a super talent, but Shanny loses some of the emphasis on his message by this.

Lol looks like you were right. So Russell is now pissed that a)someone else broke the story and B) Haynesworth will play, which proves him wrong because Russell thought AH would be inactive.

But something tells me if Shanny didn't play AH, Russell would be ripping Shanny a new one for sitting him.

You are 100% correct. Shanny stated this week that he will not give opponents his starting roster or when any player will be playing. He called it an advantage and he is doing that very thing right now.

You really think Shanahan or another coach was the one that leaked this out? And I doubt the Cowboys really thought Haynesworth wouldn't be playing.

it was either Albert himself or someone in Albert's camp. I doubt another player would reveal it and certainly not any coaches at this point. The only way it wasn't a leak from Team Albert is if Shanny is just screwing with the media and putting out disinformation.

Yeah that's gotta be it. Because I'm sure Albert's camp/Albert told Cooley to tell the Junkies he was playing on the practice team during practice.

Chris Russell @Russellmania09

Guess I was wrong again on Haynesworth IF Ed Werder report is true, that he will play on pass downs, inside rush. Wonder who told him that

If this is true, that Haynesworth will play, sends a terrible message to the guy that sits who busted his butt, while Al was cruising.

@JasonLaCanfora I thought they would sit him, Haslett said six up, they have 8, and he was really vague when I asked him direct.

Always amazed by how powerful twitter is, I Know the guy is a super talent, but Shanny loses some of the emphasis on his message by this.

Lol looks like you were right. So Russell is now pissed that a)someone else broke the story and B) Haynesworth will play, which proves him wrong because Russell thought AH would be inactive.

But something tells me if Shanny didn't play AH, Russell would be ripping Shanny a new one for sitting him.

Yea, Russell is sounding like a *****, crying because Ed Werder released this info and not a local scribe.

I appreciate Anthony Bryant and all these guys that busted their ass in the preseason. I despise the fact that Haynesworth didn't attend OTA's and minicamps because he's wasting his talent essentially. That being said, Russell is an idiot for thinking Bryant should be active over Haynesworth. When it comes to pure talent, no DL compare to #92 and when he's on the field he's a difference maker. Bryant is not. It's about winning

If he even gives 100% on those plays, which isn't a given. Wouldn't be the first time he's taken plays off. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out tomorrow night.

Yeah, of course. But I think we have a better chance of seeing him giving 100% when he knows he's going after the passer. I've read many times that those plays he takes off are those where he doesn't feel as involved.

I still think we're only hearing what Shanahan wants us to think.... Shefter is tight with Shanahan, I dont think he would jeopardise his connection by leaking a strategy unless its total only partially correct, even this late in the week.... This makes me believe even more that we will see alot of Albert tomorrow, atleast if he can stay off his back...

I' More likely, Albert drooled at the chance to do what Shanny likes least. All he had to do was watch the reaction to what Cooley said and think, "Aha -- payback!"

Nice way to get yourself traded out of here, Fatty.

So, now we dont even wait for the media to spew rumors.. We just make em' up ourself, then bash AH, like that's what happened!! lol

Look, I put this up there with all the speculation regarding McNabb being ready by this game. McNabb was going to play regardless and everyone flipping out as if he wasn't was a bit ridiculous.

Albert was going to play all along. If you didn't realize that then you obviously haven't been paying attention to what our Coach was saying. He was going to play the best guys available...Al (although he's being ignorant) IS the best of our defensive lineman. We already knew he wasn't starting, but that doesn't mean he wasn't playing! I have no doubt that this was going to be the case come Sunday Night. Then add to the fact that both of Dallas's starting Tackles are scratched for this game.... C'mon now... this was a no brainer people.

Chris Russell for whatever reason was the one projecting that Al would be deactivated... Why deactivate the best D-Lineman? Yeah, he's being an ***** and yeah it's kinda a slap in the face to one of the other guys who now won't start, but you play the guys who give you the best shot at winning. Although Al has complained or showed his butt every step of the way....he's done what was asked of him and he's a hell of a force when playing to his full potential. Al hasn't done anything that would warrant him to be deactivated. He's healthy and the best Lineman we have, so you obviously play the man. In the words of Herm Edwards "You play to win the game!!"

What sense would it make to only play AH92 on passing downs only? No matter where he plays, or when he plays the double team is headed his way. We need him on every down due to the play action pass the Cowchicks use well. If AH92 is limited to just passing downs, then I hope it works outs because on paper, its a stupid idea.

Archived