Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

a Dallas fan's perspective on the Cowboys-Redskins rivalry

Kurenai

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It's true that both sides of a rivalry often don't see it with equal passion or fervor. In recent times (the last decade especially,) this rivalry has lost some of its interest with Dallas fans (who have largely moved on to hating the Eagles or Giants instead), but still seems to be very strong on the Redskins' side.

Says the Dallas fan posting on the Redskins' board.

There's an interesting note to this game. After the Skins beat Dallas 27-6, the Redskins' own website (www.redskins.com) brought up the fact that Sean Taylor (#21) had died earlier this season, and the Skins had beaten Dallas by 21 points.......Redskins.Com claimed that there was something significant - something poignant or meaningful - about this coincidence.

Guess what? A week later, the Skins were defeated in the playoffs by the Seahawks, 35-14. How many points did Washington lose to Seattle by? ........21 points... Was there something poignant or meaningful about Sean Taylor's jersey number, then? ...If so, Redskins.Com certainly didn't mention it.

What comes around, goes around. That's all I have to say.

What, exactly, was it that "came around" back to the Redskins? Because I can NOT believe you'd try and ridicule a team's desire to use it's memory of a beloved player's murder in a positive, motivational manner. Especially since you just joined the site.

95% of Dallas fans in this area are all bandwagon fans anyways. Dallas is overrated this year. You have to be able to protect your QB before you do anything. Have fun watching Romo sits to pee on his ass all night Sunday.

good point ...

better sig ... I mean, for my money that is best sig i've seen on this site.

well, besides the hot chick ones! :pfft:

Come on, we don't need to flame this guy. He presents both sides of the story, and he honestly makes a good point. In my short life, the 'Skins have always been the underdogs when compared to the Cowboys. And it's true: the underdog team tends to care more about the rivalry than the favorite.

College football is a perfect example. Since I live in Denver, let's use CU v. CSU as an example. Every year, CU is the biggest, baddest school on CSU's schedule. Therefore, the CSU players and fans circle that game ahead of all the rest. On the other hand, the CU players have to worry about Nebraska, Texas, and Oklahoma... So their enthusiasm against CSU is tempered...

Now, I bleed burgundy, and one of my favortie things about being a 'Skins fan is being able to HATE Dallas. But I think we can all agree that, due to our team's struggles the past decade or so, the rivalry has become a little one-sided.

However, I will tell you that when the 'Skins come out on top of the NFC East this year, that'll surely spark things a little ;)

Kurenai, Cowgirls fans are all over the country. Just like Yankees fans. This year, the same people that were wearing Cavs jerseys last season, will instead be wearing Miami Heat jerseys.

Skins fans? Not so much. They are more loyal and hardcore.

I do agree with your comments on the rivalry.

Another interesting note: I lived in the D.C. area for nearly 3 years. I've noticed (as some writers have as well) that there is a very large contingent of Cowboys fans in Washington, D.C. You don't see a similarly-sized fanbase of Skins fans in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.

Did you ever live in Dallas? You said you lived here and looks like you live in NY. So that might answer your question about Redskins fans in Dallas who would live there unless it was for family or job.

You know what? Other's here did mention that. So what if they didn't post something on the main pages about that with Seatle? It had to do with a signed picture from a missed #21 that said We Want Dallas. Piss off.

BTW, you said you were there until you were 6. How do you know they don't care about the rivalry?

And as for your quoted text... Exactly! And a lot of that is about to start coming around your way!

Think it is about time another Skin gets to knock out a Doughboy QB agan.

There's an interesting note to this game. After the Skins beat Dallas 27-6, the Redskins' own website (www.redskins.com) brought up the fact that Sean Taylor (#21) had died earlier this season, and the Skins had beaten Dallas by 21 points.......Redskins.Com claimed that there was something significant - something poignant or meaningful - about this coincidence.

Guess what? A week later, the Skins were defeated in the playoffs by the Seahawks, 35-14. How many points did Washington lose to Seattle by? ........21 points... Was there something poignant or meaningful about Sean Taylor's jersey number, then? ...If so, Redskins.Com certainly didn't mention it.

skins095.jpg

Okay after reading this I change my stance: Flame away people!

:dallasuck

What, exactly, was it that "came around" back to the Redskins? Because I can NOT believe you'd try and ridicule a team's desire to use it's memory of a beloved player's murder in a positive, motivational manner. Especially since you just joined the site.

That was never the intention. What I am trying to highlight is, simply, a logical inconsistency.

The Redskins organization (or the website at least) attempted to draw a correlation between the jersey number of Sean Taylor, and the margin of victory in a game over Dallas.

That's like saying that there would be something poignant or more-than-coincidental if the Saints were to win a game by the score of 23-8.....because Hurricane Katrina began on the date of August 23rd.

It was a coincidence that the Skins beat Dallas by 21, just as it was a coincidence that the Skins lost to Seattle by 21. In neither case was the outcome of the game determined or affected by the number of the jersey that Taylor wore.

Thanks :) So is speaking ill of ST's death on a Skins website, as a Cowboys fan. Real classy.

You know what's funny Conn, I was going to type the exact same response as your first.

I concur, and, you know what's really spooky about playoff losses, the Cowboys lost to the Vikings (who also didn't go to the SB last season) by 31 points, the same as Roy Williams, their former safety's number.

Go **** off Kurunt.

Honestly, if you were even a REAL Cowboys fan, one FROM Dallas, or Texas, I'd have a enough respect to not immediately think you're a band wagon *****. Too bad.

That was never the intention. What I am trying to highlight is, simply, a logical inconsistency.

Lastly, if there was something eerie at work about the Skins beating Dallas by 21, then why wasn't there something equally significant about the Skins losing to the Seahawks by 21? This is my question.

:beatdeadhorse:

Dude I tried to be civil about this...

You're right, there IS a significance about the redskins losing by 21.

21 happens to be the average IQ of a cowboys fan.

Lastly, if there was something eerie at work about the Skins beating Dallas by 21, then why wasn't there something equally significant about the Skins losing to the Seahawks by 21? This is my question.

Because he never signed a Autograph Picture "We Want Seatle!" Again... piss off.

The Redskins organization (or the website at least) attempted to draw a correlation between the jersey number of Sean Taylor, and the margin of victory in a game over Dallas.

That makes as much sense as saying that there would be something poignant or eerie if the Saints were to win a game by the score of 23-8.....because Hurricane Katrina began on the date of August 23rd.

That's not your "question", because you didn't even HAVE a question. You said "what goes around, comes around"...which means you already had your "answer" and used Sean Taylor's death--and the team's and players' perceptions of his presence--as some sort of smack talking point. And you had the nerve to claim another poster on here wasn't "classy".

That makes as much sense as saying that there would be something poignant or eerie if the Saints were to win a game by the score of 23-8.....because Hurricane Katrina began on the date of August 23rd.

Now you bring up Katrina.....

What is wrong with you? We're trying to have a civil conversation and you bring up katrina.

typically cowboys fan...ugh

I concur, and, you know what's really spooky about playoff losses, the Cowboys lost to the Vikings (who also didn't go to the SB last season) by 31 points, the same as Roy Williams, their former safety's number.

Your example actually strengthens my point. There is no correlation between the score on a football scoreboard and other objects or events that have no bearing on the outcome of a game (i.e., the number on a player's jersey.)

Maybe. We lost by 21 and we lost #21.

But we BEAT DALLAS by 21. :beavisnbutthead: The gurls are nothing.

Your example actually strengthens my point. There is no correlation between the score on a football scoreboard and other objects or events that have no bearing on the outcome of a game (i.e., the number on a player's jersey.)

You have no point. Your only point is to troll the Redskins Forums. If you weren't concerned with the rivalry, why the **** are you here?

Archived