Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LT Long Run(Landry related)

bj252004

So far in this thread, Landry is to blame, Haynesworth is to blame.

How about Reed Doughty? Look at the play. He clearly over-pursues to his left and when LT cuts back, Reed is out of the play.

Everyone on the defense is to blame on a play like that.

Yeah but it started with Haynesworth not staying at home. Because Haynesworth overpursed on the play that created the cut back lane for LT.

I watched the video over and over and what I see is LT changing direction because of Orakpo making a lunge at him which changes the angle that Landry had on LT. Once the direction change was made Landry made an unsuccessful attempt to get to LT.

I know Landry should have the foresight to know that Orakpo was gonna come off a block and lunge at LT making him shift, Damn him! We should cut him, we need a psychic back there! A seer! a teller of the unknown!

:ols::ols: I mean he missed tackles before it's gotta be LaRon's fault.

No way!!! Haynesworth blew his guy up and almost made a play, buy watch Kemoeatu get beat at the nose and get driven to the left 3 yds. It seems to me that Big Al did his job and turned the play inside. Kemoeatu could not hold his ground at the nose!!

Kemo has been getting stood up and pushed back quite a bit this preseason

Quick question, and I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but why didn't they show the three forced fumbles that our D caused. That was a huge improvement, and highlight worthy, I believe.

So...the media slated the highlights to keep the Jet's O from looking bad. It's the little things, you know? Notice how they didn't mention that Sanchez's TD pass wasn't until the 4th quarter, when the clock clearly shows this to be the case. But on the LJ run she says "now into the 4th". Well...the last highlight was also in the 4th so...shouldn't she have said that for THAT highlight? Plus no mention of all the penalties they accrued. Oh well, I guess it will all come out in "Hard Knocks"...or will it?

Personally I'd say LJ's fine but LT should be here instead of Parker, especially considering our need for receiving backs and the lack of them on the roster.

i'm not so sure LT was waiting on our beck and call. pretty sure he believes (along with the rest of the world) that his chances of making the super bowl are significantly better in new york.

but in keeping with the thread, i think this "horrible angle" criticism is a little bit extreme for landry's attempt on the play in question. definitely wasn't his best effort, but on the whole i really like what i'm seeing out of him so far this year. he will be a MUCH bigger contributor under haslett's scheme. i've been harsh on him in the past as well, but at this point in his career, i think it's a waste of energy to hate the guy because he's not playing up to his ridiculous draft status. we reached for him... it's pretty clear he'll never have the dominant impact we all hoped for when he teamed up with ST21 as a rookie. but he's trying to remake himself, for which i think he deserves a little credit, and he can still be a good-to-very-good player as his discipline improves.

It was a bad angle by Landry. Sweet cut, or no cut by LT, Landry ran to a spot and flung himself sideways. I think he has been much more effective against the run when he is playing specifically against the run up in the box. When he lines up outside of the box...he just hasn't been as dominant.

Of course, keep in mind he's gone from SS to FS to SS and a new scheme so there will need to be adjustments. All in all, I thought the defense played well. There were mistakes, missed assignments and missed tackles, but that always happens. The very first defensive play, Reed was in what appeared to be man coverage with Braylon Edwards. Not sure how comfortable I am with that.

They didn't have much in the way of big plays outside of two runs. They forced turnovers. There was some pressure. I think the D has played well thus far, and will only get better.

Quick question, and I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but why didn't they show the three forced fumbles that our D caused. That was a huge improvement, and highlight worthy, I believe.

So...the media slated the highlights to keep the Jet's O from looking bad. It's the little things, you know? Notice how they didn't mention that Sanchez's TD pass wasn't until the 4th quarter, when the clock clearly shows this to be the case. But on the LJ run she says "now into the 4th". Well...the last highlight was also in the 4th so...shouldn't she have said that for THAT highlight? Plus no mention of all the penalties they accrued. Oh well, I guess it will all come out in "Hard Knocks"...or will it?

What about telling the viewer that the Redskins switched to their second string defense and offense at halftime and the Jets played their starters throughout the entire third quarter. They seem to gloss over that little fact.

You guys that are saying that you don't see a problem with Landry are fooling yourselves. Either you are fooling yourselves or you are just blind.

People here aren't just talking about Landry taking bad angles. He also launches himself right by the ball carrier. I can't even count anymore how many times I have had to rewind my DVR to see if that was #30 streaking by the play agian. And 9 times out of 10 it was. It's almost starting to look like the guy is intentionally flying by the play in order to make it look like he's making an effort.:whoknows:

We aren't just pulling this stuff out of our collective ass'. This has been mentioned a number of times around the league.

He simply has to stop leaving his feet in order to make a tackle.

You better believe they're going to have him watch this over.. and over.. and over.

It's a good thing this happened in preseason. And I know this has been commonplace at times - but this is so blatantly obvious that they're going to rub it in his face.

You guys that are saying that you don't see a problem with Landry are fooling yourselves. Either you are fooling yourselves or you are just blind.

People here aren't just talking about Landry taking bad angles. He also launches himself right by the ball carrier. I can't even count anymore how many times I have had to rewind my DVR to see if that was #30 streaking by the play agian. And 9 times out of 10 it was. It's almost starting to look like the guy is intentionally flying by the play in order to make it look like he's making an effort.:whoknows:

We aren't just pulling this stuff out of our collective ass'. This has been mentioned a number of times around the league.

He simply has to stop leaving his feet in order to make a tackle.

I'm saying I don't see a problem with Landry on this play.

I am not discussing the other plays, I'm talking about the one in the video, the one in the thread title.

You better believe they're going to have him watch this over.. and over.. and over.

It's a good thing this happened in preseason. And I know this has been commonplace at times - but this is so blatantly obvious that they're going to rub it in his face.

Kind of makes me wonder if Steve Jackson is ever in his ear.

Its just who he is.....and at this point I dont think its going to change.

The guy plays reckless out there......at times its going to get us big hits, and turnovers........

Uh yea so um when are those big hits and big plays gonna come? This is his third year in the league.. ST had youtube videos 5 min long with his redskins highlights by now.. We haven't gotten any new material from LL since his rookie year. Unless you wanna add the times he's been burned..

Uh yea so um when are those big hits and big plays gonna come? This is his third year in the league.. ST had youtube videos 5 min long with his redskins highlights by now.. We haven't gotten any new material from LL since his rookie year. Unless you wanna add the times he's been burned..

Unfair to compare the two. Taylor was a freak of nature and was in all likelihood going to be the best safety and one of the best defensive players in the entire league, Reed or Polamalu-esque.

Landry could still be decent but he should never ever ever be compared to Sean Taylor.

Unfair to compare the two. Taylor was a freak of nature and was in all likelihood going to be the best safety and one of the best defensive players in the entire league, Reed or Polamalu-esque.

Landry could still be decent but he should never ever ever be compared to Sean Taylor.

His point is still valid that LL, 3 years in, doesn't really have any highlights worth speaking of, especially not in the last 2 seasons.

It was really Haynesworth that wiffed on LT's long run. If Haynesworth stayed at home instead of driving the tackle up the field LT would n't have broke it and would have been stopped at the line.

I agree with this. There was a huge gap between AH and Kemo who was doubled and pushed aside which allowed LT to exploit the hole and run. Yes, it is the responsibility of the backers and the safety to follow up but nearly each had a man on him at the time. My hat is off to the Jets for a well executed play.

Archived